Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar - Page 77 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will he return?

He will recover and win 2 or more slams 142 58.44%
He will recover, and win 1 more slam 44 18.11%
He will recover, but never win another slam 37 15.23%
He will recover, but never get back to top 10 3 1.23%
He will never play another match again 17 7.00%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #1141
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Water View Post
I am watching this at the moment. The second set is the best set of 2012.
not a particularly good match. the most memorable thing is djoko clobbering nadal until he begged for the match to be suspended.
NID is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #1142
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
not a particularly good match. the most memorable thing is djoko clobbering nadal until he begged for the match to be suspended.
if you ever played tennis on a clay court you'd be aware of how big a difference moisture makes to conditions, ball bounce, movement, etc. Djokovic lucked out that it was raining for the entire third set, it was dumb of the officials to not suspend play earlier. remind me again, why Nadal was beating Djokovic so badly the first two sets when conditions were absoultely normal and how the weather is meant to be when playing on clay?
it's a poor excuse to say your man had momentum when he happened to suddenly play very well in wet conditions that make the ball bounce low and the courts play uncharastically as far as clay is concerned

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #1143
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
I think people are overreacting a bit. He's said he always plays in pain - clearly he won't be totally discomfort free. He played through pain much of the last clay season - had knee issues from IW onwards yet was still able to compete. So this doesn't mean he's not playing Chile or not coming back. Just that though he's a lot better than before he still doesn't know how the knee will do in matches and how long it will take him to get to top conditions.

Toni said he's playing at a good level - not his best but it is okay - he won some practice sets off Robredo in Barcelona last week. He doesn't know if he'll get to the right level by Acapulco, IW, MIami or even Monte Carlo - case of wait and see.

On another note - he's apparently signed up to play doubles with Nalbandian in Sao Paolo!!

Video of today's practice:

Asho Nadal played through pain last year BECAUSE of the knee fat pad issue. the whole point of his hugely long delayed coming back to tour was to work as a solution for his knee to heal and STOP hurting rather than can get surgery to remove the fat pad (surgery is quite unpredictable obviously)
can't say like for sure if the dude's going to feel pain still or not, but him and his team made it very clear that doctors indicated for the knee to stop being painful he needed to stop using it extremely for a while. it seems illogical that his knee would still be in pain after so long

however, I wouldn't be totally shocked if BAM in a few months the same problem arrises again
I totally agree it's a a wait and see sorta thing! like wait and see if those cupcakes are getting solid in the oven
that is crazy he's doing doubles with Nalbandian too! I think if anything that shows that he's confident the bodys back to norm and that he just needs to regain traction as far as remembering how to play on tour, the confidence, ETC

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #1144
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On another note - he's apparently signed up to play doubles with Nalbandian in Sao Paolo!!
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #1145
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

That is how Soderling beat Federer at FO in wet condition in 2010 QF. It was even worse than Novak and Nadal.I did not get why the match was not suspended so guys can play next day. The same happened to Murray and Berdych. It was good they suspended the final and played on next day
last year.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #1146
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Clay season is not far away as you think. How the FUCK am i gonna even...????? I canNOT see murray anybody else taking a clay title. If that guy........ ok i need to go now. Goodbye.
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #1147
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Failures of Nadull
  • Most weeks at #2
  • Lopsided slam count. 9/14 won in one of four GS
  • Losing to three players ranked over 100 in 3 consecutive peak years... IN SLAMS
  • Dull has never dominated a surface other than clay, with no indoor resume to speak of. 0 WTF
  • Extensive history of gamesmanship
Slade is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 05:40 AM   #1148
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I'm conflicted between "he's too injured to play" and "he'll injure himself by playing too much" feelings.

Did he f up last year too by playing useless doubles?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #1149
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa also playing useless doubles with Nalby in Sao Paulo?

Here we go again. Rafa will be playing too much tennis at a stretch and as a result, there is a possibility that he will make himself injured again. And after that, the same old 'Tight-schedule' bulls#it issue will reappear.

Fcuking hell! When will this guy realize he has to make a good schedule which won't make him injured so often! He has the tendency of getting injured often because of his playing style and bad scheduling.

Seems like Rafa and Injury are for each other.

79 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 21 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.
Nirjhor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #1150
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
Funny how you Djoker tards think a puff of wind at the USO is a more legitimate reason than an hour of rain and therefore a watersoaked court. They stopped play way too late and this was the ONLY reason Novak wasn't straight setted that day.

On normal conditions, Rafa is a couple of classes above him on clay

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #1151
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Funny how you Djoker tards think a puff of wind at the USO is a more legitimate reason than an hour of rain and therefore a watersoaked court. They stopped play way too late and this was the ONLY reason Novak wasn't straight setted that day.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #1152
country flag xcom

xcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
So the Rome and Madrid 2011 finals weren't played in normal conditions?
xcom is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #1153
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute

That video does not sound that promising. After all this time, his knee still hurts him. He "has" to play.
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #1154
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom View Post
Yes, because the overall better player is always the better player on the day right?

How many RG titles does Novak have?
How many clay titles does Novak have?
What is their clay H2H?

Rafa is a couple classes above everyone on clay, no need to get your tardpanties in a bunch. Nadal was much better than Nole in the RG final (6-3 6-4 2-0), until the rain started, and what do you know, as soon as the rain stopped he was better as well. What does that tell you, along with their overall clay stats?

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #1155
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom View Post
He was sick in Rome and Madrid is high-altitude.
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread