Hockey thread - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #76
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I know most D men take longer.

I was talking about Adam Larsson of New Jersey, E-L is very good too.
oh yeah Adam Larsson. Saw him in the swedish junior team a lot and in SAIK which is a team in SEL. Good skater, strong and has a very powerful shot. But dunno about his vision and positioning. It will come I guess.

The odd part about Adam Larsson is how big he was at just 16. He was probably 190cm/90kg or so already that age. Pure beast. Already at 17-18 he looked bigger and stronger than most seniors.

I think New Jersey got a solid player there. Something to build on for the future.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #77
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Half my kingdom for anyone who can give a good answer as to how gretzky could remain behind the net unmolested, time and time again...

hehe. Didn't they use "enforcers" in that era. Like if someone had gone after Gretsky some big angry 4th liner would run him over or pick a fight.

Also Gretsky himself was a very clean player and there was a vast majority of canadians in the league. No-one would want to be the canadian player that injured Gretsky.

swede Ulf Samuelsson is still hated for the knee-on-knee hit he did on Cam Neely that probably contributed to early retirement for Neely
Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #78
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice start to Damien Brunner's NHL career. 3 G and 1 A in 6 games.

Oh yeah, and one great game winner in a shootout.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #79
country flag MaxPower

urgh. Erik Karlsson was heading for an amazing season then got his achilles tendon cut by Cooke in a freak accident. Goodbye to that season. Out 4-5 months at least. Also the type of injury that could damage your speed permanently. Hopefully not.

Better start to wear those kevlar socks. The skates are sharp as razorblades.

found gif

Last edited by MaxPower : 02-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #80
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Stanley Cup is being played for in the States, meanwhile they play for the IIHF World Championship in Sweden and Finland! Finland with two wins, shaky start with a 4-3 overtime win against Germany and we were down 2-3 with 2 minutes of time left... Much better match against Slovakia, 2-0. Our goalie Raanta caught fire late in the season and led his team Ässät to the Finnish Championship and he seems to be continuing where he left off with great saves against Slovakia!
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #81
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Finland won Russia 3-2, was an excellent game and I was there watching! The Russians got a bit worked up during the match. Finland now has a chance to win the group if we win Latvia and the USA stumbles against either Germany or Slovakia. Shame for your national team Incredibale, poor showing so far this year after such a good tournament last year!

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #82
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Finland won the round robin group and will play Slovakia in QF. I like also Slovakia so sad to see one of these teams out of SF but at least I'm not too sad if we lose the QF.

And Switzerland won the other RR group ahead of Canada, Sweden and Czech Republic! But Czechs are a dangerous QF opponent even if they haven't been too good this year. But if Finland and Switzerland get past the QFs, we can face only in the final or bronze match. Of course, I'd cheer for Finland in the final but in the bronze match I'd cheer for Switzerland, we've had many medals whereas Switzerland doesn't often have as good chances as here.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #83
country flag MaxPower

Switzerland screwed everything up! Feels like both Sweden and Canada underestimated them and the reward is a very tough QF only one of them survives.

Canada is like kryptonite to Sweden but maybe the Sedin twins can pull something from their bag of tricks.

Anyhow with the brain I think

SUI/CZE vs RUS/USA
FIN/SVK vs CAN/SWE

SEMI
CZE vs RUS
FIN vs CAN

FINAL
CAN vs RUS -> CAN winner

But with the heart: Sweden wins it all and breaks the curse of the home nation!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #84
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Don't even get me started with the PlayOffs. 4-1...

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-2-1-1-S-32 | Princess Petra Kvitova 2- 12
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #85
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

USA beat Russia 8-3.

Tons of talent in the Russian team but also some primadonnas, that's why always funny when they get beaten.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #86
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
USA beat Russia 8-3.

Tons of talent in the Russian team but also some primadonnas, that's why always funny when they get beaten.
I watched the third period and Varlamov seemed awful
Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #87
country flag MaxPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I watched the third period and Varlamov seemed awful
Bryzgalov wasnt any better. Both let in 4 goals, most of them weak. When goaltending is bad in hockey it sucks all the energy out of the team. With goaltending like that Russia was doomed regardless of the firepower and skill of forwards.

Now Swiss edged a tight one vs the Czechs. Won all their matches so far.... From experience that never holds the whole way, all teams put in a stinker sooner or later. But I hope they medal. They deserve it.

Last edited by MaxPower : 05-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #88
country flag Lopez

USA really demolished Russia, I was happy when Russia scored for 4-2 because that result would've brought me some money . Goaltending was awful.

Finland meanwhile crawl by Slovakia, we were 3-0 up after the first but Slovakia came back strongly and we were 3-3 with 19 minutes to go... Glad we pulled through in the end!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #89
country flag MaxPower

What a match between Sweden and Canada. It had a little bit of everything. Very unfortunate knee-on-knee by Edler on Staal in the first period. Not intentional but because of the injury and the fact it was a knee tackle the match penalty was deserved.

Sedin twins worked their magic on PP but Canada got right back and both teams completely gassed in the OT.

The penalty shooutout....No idea why the coach picked the Sedins, they are horrible in shootouts...but Pettersson....wow. What a boss.

Good game! Sorry for Canada as it's the 4th straight WC they are eliminated in the QF. They are better than that.

Now Finland: Welcome to Stockholm. You're next
Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #90
country flag Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
What a match between Sweden and Canada. It had a little bit of everything. Very unfortunate knee-on-knee by Edler on Staal in the first period. Not intentional but because of the injury and the fact it was a knee tackle the match penalty was deserved.

Sedin twins worked their magic on PP but Canada got right back and both teams completely gassed in the OT.

The penalty shooutout....No idea why the coach picked the Sedins, they are horrible in shootouts...but Pettersson....wow. What a boss.

Good game! Sorry for Canada as it's the 4th straight WC they are eliminated in the QF. They are better than that.

Now Finland: Welcome to Stockholm. You're next
Great win!

Let's see how this one turns out...