how many slams do the following playing have in them? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #76
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how many slams do the following playing have in them?

Well, first of all it´s 9 slams, not 7 (4+2+2+1), so that´s a little over two years. That is quite a bit of time, especially if you consider there could be 1 or 2 surprise runs in this period. So, let´s say the summer of 2015 is when the top 4 has won these tournaments. Could the young guns beat them after that moment? I feel that that will be more probable than we can imagine right now. All of the top 4 will have rounded the dreaded cape of 600 matches then (they already have done so, save for Murray) after which players are said to deteriorate physically and it will show in their movement. They will lose a step or two and as we have seen, that can be enough to start a domino effect as far as one´s game is concerned. Meanwhile, the young guns will improve (just how much remains to be seen) and therefore, the distance between the top 4 and the rest that looks so huge right now might become surprisingly small by then. But let´s stretch that period a bit: by the end of 2015/beginning of 2016, every member of the top 4 will have won the bulk of their slams and will have ceased to be dominant, is my predicition. Only an incidental slam might be won by them afterwards.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #77
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

If Nadal has three more majors, how would you distribute them?

Would you bunch them up at the French Open to bring his total to 10 – and possibly cementing his ranking in the top 3 for three more years?
Or would you spread them out between the AO, Wimbledon and USO so he has two career grand slams – for one last three major season – and possibly one more year at the #1 spot – but then tainting his record at the FO?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 AM   #78
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Well, first of all it´s 9 slams, not 7 (4+2+2+1), so that´s a little over two years. That is quite a bit of time, especially if you consider there could be 1 or 2 surprise runs in this period. So, let´s say the summer of 2015 is when the top 4 has won these tournaments. Could the young guns beat them after that moment? I feel that that will be more probable than we can imagine right now. All of the top 4 will have rounded the dreaded cape of 600 matches then (they already have done so, save for Murray) after which players are said to deteriorate physically and it will show in their movement. They will lose a step or two and as we have seen, that can be enough to start a domino effect as far as one´s game is concerned. Meanwhile, the young guns will improve (just how much remains to be seen) and therefore, the distance between the top 4 and the rest that looks so huge right now might become surprisingly small by then. But let´s stretch that period a bit: by the end of 2015/beginning of 2016, every member of the top 4 will have won the bulk of their slams and will have ceased to be dominant, is my predicition. Only an incidental slam might be won by them afterwards.
Yes. I miscounted. But still, I think they have more years of domination (at least Murray and Djokovic). And even when the next generation steps up, they can still win a slam after that.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #79
country flag Zepploydath

Zepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
If Nadal has three more majors, how would you distribute them?

Would you bunch them up at the French Open to bring his total to 10 – and possibly cementing his ranking in the top 3 for three more years?
Or would you spread them out between the AO, Wimbledon and USO so he has two career grand slams – for one last three major season – and possibly one more year at the #1 spot – but then tainting his record at the FO?
I'd go for either 3 FOs or 2 FOs and a Wimbledon. Don't see him winning on hardcourt anymore.
Zepploydath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #80
country flag Absolute Anthropoid
Skyward!

Absolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic 6 -> 10
Federer 17 -> 17
Murray 1 -> 3
Nadal 11 -> 13

Randy Odd Dick 1 -> 0

Simple as that. Everything else comes second.

The Official "Is Nadal Balding?" Thread
Absolute Anthropoid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #81
country flag Alcibiades

Alcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
All of the top 4 will have rounded the dreaded cape of 600 matches then (they already have done so, save for Murray)
Djokovic has only 599.

But good and sensible post.Frankly,I'm surprised that all but one had said that Djokovic will have 3+ more (bringing his total to 9+),considering that even some of the bigger haters have votted.

Krajinovic - Dodig - Dolgopolov - Baghdatis - Raonic - Fish - Soderling - Ferrero

Novak Djokovic
4 AO; 2 Wimbledon; 1 USO; 20 MS; 3 WTF; 47 Career titles; Olympic Bronze Medalist; Davis Cup 2010; YE #1 2011,2012
Alcibiades is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #82
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Federer = 18
Nadal = 15
Djokovic = 10
Murray = 5
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #83
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

Lemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is due for two more 3-slam years like 2010.
Lemon Water is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #84
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Water View Post
Nadal is due for two more 3-slam years like 2010.
I think you are in for a surprise of your life
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #85
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

Lemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
I think you are in for a surprise of your life
Nadal will be active through 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. More than ample time to rack up six to eight slams.
Lemon Water is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #86
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nadal will be active through 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. More than ample time to rack up six to eight slams.
There's only one clay slam per year (and a half if you include Wimbledon week 2).

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #87
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes that is easy
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #88
country flag AncicCilic

AncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
Federer: Has 17 slams now will end up with 18.
Nadal: Has 11 slams now will end up with 13.
Djokovic: Has 6 slams now will end up with 9.
Murray: Has 1 slam now will end up with 5.
so basically
F - 17 ---> 18
N - 11 ---> 13
D - 6 ---> 9
M - 1 ---> 5
I will agree with this, exactly my thoughts.

P.S. Watch out for Donna Vekic and Borna Coric, 2020. Hopman cup winners. - posted in 2011, let's see if it happens
AncicCilic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #89
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
Federer: Has 17 slams now will end up with 18.
Nadal: Has 11 slams now will end up with 13.
Djokovic: Has 6 slams now will end up with 9.
Murray: Has 1 slam now will end up with 5.
so basically
F - 17 ---> 18
N - 11 ---> 13
D - 6 ---> 9
M - 1 ---> 5
Great Job
I hope you right

Nadal may not be same Nadal. I Don't see him win any more

Andy May get 5 slams. Djoker would get more than 9 slams. Maybe 11
Federer go get one more which should be very possible

Borna Coric will be No 1 by May 2016
Nick Kyrgios will be No 1 by Jan 2016