Do you consider Novak Djokovic as a legend in the game? - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you consider him a legend?

Yes 211 63.55%
No 121 36.45%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #331
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you consider Novak Djokovic as a legend in the game?

Average Slam wins by any player All Time Record: 3.34. He entered Top 30 in the All Time Winner list. Yeah, he's there.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #332
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
I know that in Croatia tennis is not very popular these days but try to keep up
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #333
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
if you want to discuss something say it. I've been watching tennis for over 30 years and you are obviously just a kid who comes here to provoke and you are not very good at it btw . most of your posts are just silly and childish. if you have nothing to say, don't say anything instead of using some emoctions .

read this again: Djokovic is good on all surfaces. Not sure If English is your first language, but it's easy to understand what I said. I said 'good' not 'the best'. whatever, not even sure why I'm wasting my time typing this

let me translate this for you. you don't win Wimbledon, the USO, the AO 4 times, play the final of RG if you are not good. You don't get to #1 if you are not good. You don't win 6 majors if you are not good. Understand?
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #334
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
if you want to discuss something say it. I've been watching tennis for over 30 years and you are obviously just a kid who comes here to provoke and you are not very good at it btw . most of your posts are just silly and childish. if you have nothing to say, don't say anything instead of using some emoctions .

read this again: Djokovic is good on all surfaces. Not sure If English is your first language, but it's easy to understand what I said. I said 'good' not 'the best'. whatever, not even sure why I'm wasting my time typing this

let me translate this for you. you don't win Wimbledon, the USO, the AO 4 times, play the final of RG if you are not good. You don't get to #1 if you are not good. You don't win 6 majors if you are not good. Understand?
rubbish.
djokovic is a moonballing pusher mug who wins only because the atp mafia have slowed down the courts and installed umpires who rob his opponents on the breakpoints. he is destroying tennis, alongside nadull, mugray, federror, del mugtro, mugrin cilic, berdshit, the vulture, clownga and all the other mugs and farts who bow down to fakervic instead of exposing him for the mug he is. also, two handed backhands should be illegal since they are hard on the eyes.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #335
country flag Branimir

Branimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
rubbish.
djokovic is a moonballing pusher mug who wins only because the atp mafia have slowed down the courts and installed umpires who rob his opponents on the breakpoints. he is destroying tennis, alongside nadull, mugray, federror, del mugtro, mugrin cilic, berdshit, the vulture, clownga and all the other mugs and farts who bow down to fakervic instead of exposing him for the mug he is. also, two handed backhands should be illegal since they are hard on the eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N16ikBfue7c
Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #336
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branimir View Post
NID was just sarcastic, bringing the 'best' of MTF
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #337
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

His achievements until now are about the same as the likes of Becker Wilander Edberg, If you think they are legends than so is Djokovic.

He hasn't reached the Agassi Sampras Lendl Conners Nadal Borg Federer Laver Mcnroe level of achievements yet. Those are definitively legends in my book.
buzz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #338
country flag Petrovic

Petrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond reputePetrovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
rubbish.
THIS
WIMBLEDON 2011
US OPEN 2011

ATP MASTERS SERIES
18 TITLES
TENNIS LEGEND
Petrovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #339
country flag samo7266

samo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, absolutely.

Its bizzare that some people on here don't think so but he is a very consistent number 1 and has a dominant major (AO). He has won 6 GS titles. He would absolutely be a tennis hall of fame inductee if he retired today. All of those things give him "legend" status IMO.
samo7266 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #340
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. IMO he is the best medium / slow HC player in History.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #341
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samo7266 View Post
Yes, absolutely.

Its bizzare that some people on here don't think so but he is a very consistent number 1 and has a dominant major (AO). He has won 6 GS titles. He would absolutely be a tennis hall of fame inductee if he retired today. All of those things give him "legend" status IMO.

pdiddy strongly agrees with your position. not sure about anna wintour.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #342
country flag Huey84

Huey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond reputeHuey84 has a reputation beyond repute

What is pretty much 100% certain is that he will retire a legend. The same is very unlikely for Murray, especially considering his style of play - not very attractive and probably unsustainable as he gets older.
Huey84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #343
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

If you consider Edberg and Becker legends, then Djokovic is one too. Six majors is a great achievement. Four of his six titles came from one tournament but a major is a major.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #344
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
He'll need more slams to be a legend, and also legends tend to have some tournaments or even a period/seaosn during which they dominate their biggest rivals with beatdowns. Let's see him do that, instead of grinding out long matches against Federer, Nadal and Murray most of the time.
where the hell were you in 2011?
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 AM   #345
country flag nolesfan2011

nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute

6 slams, 3 straight AO's, solid on all surfaces, and most of all Serbian sports hero and legend at this point, ingrained in the national identity of that country and its fans .. so just for those reasons, yes.
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote