News & Articles about Grigor - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #136
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

From ATP Website

GRIGOR DIMITROV: ALWAYS LOOKING TO IMPROVE
by Matt Fitzgerald | 02.01.2013

© ATP
Grigor Dimitrov is looking to build on the progress he made in 2012.
Grigor Dimitrov has been touted as one of the future stars of the ATP World Tour by virtue of his talent, flashy shot-making and vibrant personality.

In 2012, Dimitrov showed true signs of promise. Among his highlights, the 21 year old advanced to three tour-level semi-finals, notched his first Top 10 victory against Tomas Berdych in Miami and finished the year ranked inside the Top 50 for the first time with a personal best 24-19 season record.

As part of Compeed’s Form & Fitness Series, Dimitrov discusses his recent relocation to the Good to Great Tennis Academy, the greatest improvement to his game since joining the pro ranks in 2008 and more…

This past season, you became the first Bulgarian to be ranked inside the Top 50. How does it feel to continue breaking new ground for your country?

I think it’s great. My country is really starting to believe in that. They are starting to see we have more than a couple of sports, as tennis is starting to get up there. I’m glad I’m playing for Bulgaria

You're now working at the Good to Great Tennis Academy with Mikael Tillstrom, Magnus Norman and Nicklas Kulti. How have you found things in Sweden?

So far, it’s been great. I’ve been practising there the past few weeks. There’s a lot of snow out there at the moment. It’s a great place, with nice people. Everyone is enjoying working together. We’re all positive that 2013 will bring good things to us.

Where have you seen the greatest improvement in your game since turning professional in 2008?

I think it would definitely be the way I move on court. I think I’ve improved my fitness level. And with my game, I’ve started serving better. I’m still trying to improve all over. Building up is something big for me, so I’m pretty pleased so far.

Where does winning your first title rank on your list of priorities in 2013?

I want to win every tournament possible, of course!

What is an exercise or stretch you’d recommend a recreational player add into their training program?

Everyone views themselves in a different way. In general, you should keep your hips loose and make sure you are stretching. To do the right things, you need to keep yourself in shape.

Which player on tour do you think…
Has the best balance? Rafael Nadal
Is the quickest? Novak Djokovic
Is the most flexible? Gael Monfils
Has the greatest muscular endurance? Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Has the best footwork? Roger Federer
Has the strongest core? Me!

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #137
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

From Brisbane website:

Quote:
Short and sharp: Grigor Dimitrov

As a 21-year-old professional tennis player, travelling the world to play the game he loves along with rather flattering comparisons to Roger Federer, Bulgarian rising star Grigor Dimitrov is living the ultimate fantasy—and it’s set to get even better.

Ending the year in the top 50 for the first time—currently at world No.48—Dimitrov showed his ominous stripes in 2012, claiming a top-10 win over world No.7 Tomas Berdych in Miami en route to a fourth-round berth.

He’s clocked up juniors titles at Wimbledon and the US Open in 2008, but with a killer backhand down the line and an impressive all-court game that draws the comparison to the Swiss king of tennis, Dimitrov grinned that his highlight is yet to come.

“I still haven’t reached that highlight that I’m looking for,” he said.

And while that highlight will be kept close to his chest, we can be sure it’s something else he can compare to Roger Federer.

“You’ll hear and see about it,” he grinned.

But, with nicknames of the likes of “G-Force” and “PT” (prime time), Dimitrov isn’t all about tennis, and for his first time at the Brisbane International, the man flying the flag for Bulgaria answered some get-to-know-you questions for Brisbane fans ahead of his second-round clash with Canadian Milos Raonic.

What are you hobbies away from tennis? I’m a guy that likes to improvise and do whatever I feel like in my free time. Of course I restrict myself from certain things though.

Which is your favourite Grand Slam? I like Australia a lot I have to say, but I’ll go with Wimby.

What do you like to do before a match? I like to get ready, warm up of course, which is the most important, listen to a bit of music and try to get into the right groove for the match.

What music are you listening to right now? I have nearly 10,000 songs on my computer, so it’s hard. But, I have Lana Del Rey at the moment.

Do you have any superstitions? Always. I like to use the same shower and try to do the same things I did the day before, and stuff like that.

What’s your tennis bag like? Always tidy. I’m just like that.

When did you decide to turn pro? I always wanted to be pro; that was just the thing I always wanted. So as soon as I started performing well, that was my goal.

What’s your favourite tennis moment? Winning Wimbledon as a junior probably.

What do you think of the comparisons to Roger Federer? I mean you can’t compare things like it. Of course it’s flattering and all that. I think the future will show the rest, but Roger is Roger and I am me.

Which player do you most like to play? I actually like to play everyone. I don’t mind anyone … for now.

Hopefully for Dimitrov his affinity for the ATP players doesn’t change after he faces second-seed Milos Raonic in their second-round match on Thursday, or perhaps we’ll know to blame it on a stolen shower-cubicle.

Regardless, Dimitrov is a player to keep an eye on, on and off the court in 2013.

Singles: [Rank: #23, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #105, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #138
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor Dimitrov living up to Roger Federer comparison

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/...-1226548210354

Quote:
AFTER training in darkness for six weeks at a Swedish boot camp, Grigor Dimitrov can finally see the light.

The Bulgarian 21-year-old, once rated "better than Federer at the same age" by renowned coach Peter Lundgren, realised his full potential yesterday as he reached his first ATP final at the Brisbane International.

Fitter, stronger and more mentally prepared than at any stage of his career, Dimitrov staved off a serious challenge from Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 6-3, 5-7, 7-6 (7-5) to secure a clash with top seed Andy Murray.

Dimitrov left Patrick Mouratoglou, the French coach of Serena Williams, last year to join a Swedish team headed by former pro Mikael Tillstrom in Stockholm.

Both Dimitrov and Mouratoglou had been romantically linked to Williams in the past year, but the world No.48 only said his move was about taking his career forward after becoming stale.

"I think there is a time in life when you want to find the best way for you and improve in what you do," Dimitrov said.

"I mean, the years are rolling and you don't want to be stuck at a certain spot, so you've got to try things until you actually find the right formula for it.

"I felt it was time for me to change and experience something new."

Already the youngest player in the world top 50, Dimitrov is determined to live up to the early comparisons made in his career and deliver on his potential.

It was in the darkness of Stockholm where Dimitrov laid the foundations for a 2013 surge after only showing flashes of brilliance until now.

"We were hitting tons of balls a day, just hitting and hitting and hitting until actually you don't want to hit any more," he said.

"It wasn't much fun, I can tell you that.

"Then after, when I came here, I saw the sun for the first time in six weeks, I felt rejuvenated."

Murray said Dimitrov had the chance to reveal his big-match temperament.

In his first ATP final appearance, Murray said it would be interesting to see if the Bulgarian played fearlessly or was crushed by nerves.

"I played Federer in my first final in Bangkok, so there are nerves, but also I went into that match with not much pressure because you're not expected to win," Murray said.

"He's going to be incredibly pumped up.

"Everybody deals with situations differently. I have no idea whether he'll be nervous tomorrow or whether he'll really enjoy it."

Murray advanced to his second straight Brisbane final when Japan's Kei Nishikori withdrew in the second set with a knee injury.

After a slow start, Murray was on track to winning the semi-final on his own terms, coming back from 1-4 to win the first set 6-4.

There has been much hype about Dimitrov, one of several young guns, including Nishikori, who are making moves towards the top 10.

But Murray cautioned against heaping too much expectation on the new generation.

He said the gap between junior and professional tennis was a gaping one, requiring physical and mental evolution.

"We'll have to wait and see how they come along physically," Murray said.

"When you play in the Slams in really hot temperatures, physically that's tough.

"That's when you find out about them, when they have to come through some long five-set matches.

"When you're used to winning and hitting winning shots in juniors, then (in the Grand Slams) those shots are coming back four and five times.

"You have to get stronger so that shots that were winners against you aren't winners anymore."
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #139
country flag Emiliq

Emiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond repute

TennisSpinster: Are Grigor Dimitrov and Maria Sharapova dating?
source: http://www.tennisalternative.com/ten...g--rn1964.html
Where did you come from,Tsurenko?
Emiliq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 AM   #140

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor's news after 1R exit from AO2013

Baby Federer' Dimitrov slams privacy invasion over Sharapova
Quote:
Melbourne: Grigor Dimitrov has criticised interest in his relationship with Maria Sharapova as an invasion of privacy and said the topic should be off-limits.

The 21-year-old Bulgarian nicknamed 'Baby Federer' suffered a vastly different fate to the Russian starlet on the opening day of the Australian Open at Melbourne Park.

While the second-seeded Sharapova recorded a 6-0, 6-0 defeat of Olga Puchkova on Rod Laver Arena, Dimitrov was banished to Court 13 and flopped 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 to veteran Frenchman Julien Benneteau.

Hype followed Dimitrov to his outside court, partly because word had spread that he was Sharapova's new flame, and partly because he has uncanny similarities in technique and flair to 17-time major-winner Roger Federer.

He raced to a 3-0 lead, as Sharapova held the same scoreline. But while the Russian went onwards and upwards, Dimitrov embarked on a steep downhill slide as the 32-seeded Frenchman sailed to victory in one hour and 46 minutes.

"I don't think it's a distraction," Dimitrov said of interest in his personal life. "I just believe I am here to be on the court. I am not here to speak about my private life.

"People love gossip. Who doesn't? But I believe it's a privacy invasion. I don't think that's right. It's not because we're different, but because it's not right to athletes in general. It should be forbidden to even be asked but it is what it is, right?"

Dimitrov was critical of the officiating in his match and claimed a succession of wrong calls were made.

He seemed set for a breakthrough year when he pushed US Open champion Andy Murray in the final of the Brisbane International earlier this month, but he has since slumped to first-round defeats in Sydney and Melbourne.

"Losses like this are pretty tough," he said. "The loss to Murray was tough for me, I have to say. I felt like I had everything there. Of course you must expect these ups and downs.

"You have to make sure you remind yourself you are going to have brighter days and also trust your instincts. You cannot underestimate that. Some days, you are just going to play bad.

"I didn't serve well, I didn't move well, I didn't play well."

The world number 41 said he was aware of the hype surrounding his career and the impatience among his followers for him to contend for a major championship.

"Next thing you know, you're losing first round in three sets," he said. "It's not the best thing. I just have to keep my head up and try to be good. It is still early in the year."

Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #141
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with Grigor from today You can find it in Bulgarian here, but here's my translation and lets hope it's better then the one from Google

About the upcoming Davis Cup match with Finland:
"With or without Jarkko it's the same. I think that I know almost everyone of their team. I haven't played with them except that match with Kontinen at the Junior Wimbledon final, but I think we won't have any problems. With opponents like them we just have to be careful and use our chances"

About 2012 and the start of the new season:
"2012 was a big year for me and I had some great results. It hurt a lot after that final with Andy and I didn't slept much in the next two days. I know I had my chances and I could of done it, but lets hope the next time I'll do better and win the title. I have more than 20 tournaments to play till the end of this year, but my schedule will also depend on my game and how I'll do in those tournaments. I hope if everything is OK I'll get in at least at Top 30 in the rankings till the end of 2013, because for me it's very important to be seeded in the big tournaments."

About his ups and downs - how he played a final one week and lost in the first round in the next one:
"One day you can play really well and the next day your game might not be on the same level as you want, but the ultimate goal is to win every single match"

About the new academy and the changes in his training:
"My training was very different in December. I changed my fitness coach, who really helped me a lot in those 5 weeks. At the moment I've changed everything in my team and I think for now everything works well"

About the pluses and minuses in his game:
"When I serve at 5-3 and then lose the set (laughing)."

Which player's style he likes the most:
"For me Federer will always be model №1 and I think everyone thinks the same."

Which component of his game he wants to improve in 2013:
"The goal of my training before this season was to feel better physically, to not have any injuries, to play more tournaments and to not retire if I have some small injury. I think that will help me for the future and that's the most important thing."

And of course - About the Federer comparisons:
"I think those comparisons with Federer are already quite worn and even he said that once. I actually had lunch with him in Australia a couple of days ago and we talked about that subject. We both have the same opinion about it and that's good (laughing).

Enjoy!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #142
country flag Emiliq

Emiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
I actually had lunch with him in Australia a couple of days ago and we talked about that subject. We both have the same opinion about it and that's good (laughing).
I don't know if he is joking.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #143
country flag kr1s71an

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliq View Post
Code:
I actually had lunch with him in Australia a couple of days ago and we talked about that subject. We both have the same opinion about it and that's good (laughing).
I don't know if he is joking.
I listened to the interview and he doesn't sound like joking.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #144
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

They all eat at the same places at the GSs so it's not unexpected he would have lunch with Federer from time to time.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #145
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Its normal ! Roger loves him as well
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #146
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedererBulgaria View Post
Its normal ! Roger loves him as well
I doubt it. There's only one person Roger loves and that is Roger.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #147

I don't think it's common for a lower rank, young player to have a lunch with Federer (unless they have some connections e.g. same agents). IMHO, his Swedish coach probably has something to do with it.

Tsonga once said that when Federer entered the room, everybody was quiet, like the boss was coming Also in various interviews, players normally hang out with their own pals, mainly from the same country. A young player (sorry I don't remember who) once said that in the player's lounge/restaurant, there were tables for the big guys (Federer, Safin (when he was playing). I think ages/generations also help creating groups (in addition to ranking/performance/country).

Anyway, it's not a big deal for Grigor or any young player to have that opportunity but still good for him.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #148
country flag Hypnotize

Nice article about the Grigor - Tomic match and all the young players

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/20...igor-dimitrov/

Quote:
It’s a big year for the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam.

The first ATP 500 in the tennis calendar is celebrating 40 years, a landmark that deserves the presence of the biggest name in tennis, Roger Federer here to defend his title. And for added appeal, the anniversary also features last year’s losing finalist, the ever-popular Juan Martin del Potro.

As the top two seeds, and No2 and 7 in the world respectively, they could go all the way to a repeat championship match, and that has become a particularly compelling prospect since they last met in Rotterdam.

Del Potro pushed Federer closer with every one of their eight meetings in 2012—their French Open and London Olympics matches could not have been tighter—and finally got the better of Federer back indoors at the end of the season, winning in Basel and at the World Tour Finals. In short, another final in the Netherlands would have a lot on the line.

The draw is enhanced further by two more top-10 players, Frenchman both. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga—a finalist in Rotterdam two years ago who found one of his purple patches in a five-setter against Federer at the Australian Open—is seeded No3. Richard Gasquet, already a winner of two titles this year—including indoors in Montpellier last week—is No4.

Completing the seeds are four players inside the top 30: world No14 Gilles Simon, No18 Andreas Seppi and No27 Florian Mayer. And sandwiched amongst them is a name that came to prominence with a vengeance at the only indoor Masters of the year, in Paris.

The rangy, powerful 22-year-old Jerzy Janowicz has threatened to break into the big time for a couple of years, and finally did so at the BNP Paribas Masters. He went through qualifiers and beat three top-20 and two top-10 players en route to his first ATP final. That topped a year in which he started at 221 and ended at 26, and it meant he was seeded No7 in Rotterdam.

Janowicz is one of a band of five players aged 20 to 22 who have taken their time to mature on the senior tour. The highest ranked of them, the 6ft 5in No13 Milos Raonic, is this week topping the bill in San Jose where he is aiming to win the title for the third straight time. But the other five men are all in Rotterdam.

The lowest ranked, 22-year-old David Goffin, is also the smallest—a touch under 6ft—but has a mobility and variety that has reaped wins on clay—he took a set from Federer in the fourth round of the French Open—and on hard courts. He won the indoor Challenger event in Orlean in the autumn and then reached the quarters in Valencia. He also happened to be the chosen partner in a near-two-hour practice session for Federer on Rotterdam’s opening day.

Meanwhile, though, the other three big, young guns promised some tantalizing main-draw tennis. First up was Janowicz against Victor Hanescu, but he also became the first loser of the tournament in a shock 7-6, 6-3 defeat.

Giving his younger opponent almost a decade in age and two inches in height—though Hanescu is a substantial 6ft 5in—the Romanian nevertheless resisted the onslaught of 10 aces and searing forehands. Hanescu broke twice, using some nice sliced backhand skills to counter those of the Pole, in what became a clear case of experience over youth.

Janowicz, distracted by noises on the practice court alongside, had the poorer concentration in the tie-break and could never regain the advantage. So while the Pole has the skill, physique and surprisingly good mobility of a future top-10 player, he has some maturing to do.

The same might also be said of the other two young men who sparkled like diamonds as juniors. Bernard Tomic, still only 20, won the junior Australian Open at 15 and then its equivalent at the US Open in 2009, while 21-year-old Grigor Dimitrov won the junior Wimbledon and US titles.

Their careers have run in parallel ever since: Pros since 2008, ranked just four places apart—Dimitrov at 41 and Tomic at 45—and both making waves at Wimbledon in 2011. Dimitrov took Tsonga to four pulsating sets before losing, while Tomic made it all the way through qualifying and on to a quarterfinal meeting with Novak Djokovic—and took the No2 seed to four sets, too.

Then by happy coincidence, both had breakthroughs in this year’s opening hard-court tournaments, with Dimitrov reaching his first final in Brisbane and Tomic winning his first title in Sydney. But despite all the parallels, they had never met—until the first round in Rotterdam.

As if to press home the similarities, they looked, to the novice eye, identical. Both sponsored by Nike, they opted for the same white shirts, grey shorts, white socks and bright yellow shoes. The also happen to be tall and slender with cropped dark hair. Fortunately for those not familiar with the distinctive single-handed backhand of Dimitrov, he also wore a sea-blue sweat-band: Tomic wore one in grey.

In play, there are similar strengths, too. They can unleash a decent serve, throw in a reasonable drop shot and take a ball overhead without too much trouble. But Dimitrov has a certain ‘extra’ about his game: flexibility on the backhand, disguise on his ground-strokes and some remarkable creativity around the net—on the all-too-rare occasions he finds himself there.

Not for nothing has he been compared with a young Federer, but he made it clear afterwards that he is working hard to evolve his own distinctive game. He has recently changed coaches and training bases—not for the first time—to join the Good to Great Tennis Academy in Sweden: “It was something that I needed to do in my career, in my development, to give me an extra edge and of course push me to another level.”

And his growing assurance took him to a quick first set against the more inconsistent Tomic, 6-3.

The Australian has shown signs of immaturity in the past—both on and off court—but against a man who could become a major rival in years to come, he regrouped impressively to break at the start of the second set and held his advantage to take it, 6-3.

It required just one break in the seventh game of the third to decide the match, another 6-3 set to Dimitrov, and as the personable Bulgarian admitted afterwards: “The difference was small. It came down to a few points here and there.”

It was a crisp hour and half that told much of the potential of both men but hinted at an extra step taken in the flowering of Dimitrov.

He was level-headed in his appreciation of this band of young men who are spearheading the next generation: “It’s happening for all of us—but all of us has his own way and I don’t think each of us has found the right combination yet. It’s going to take time, and one of the most important things is just to stay injury free. The rest is going to come with hard work.”

And he will need all that mature perspective when he takes on the experience of either Nikolay Davydenko or Florian Mayer in the next round.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #149
country flag Emiliq

With google translator.Source: http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D0%...B5%D1%82%D0%B8

Grigor Dimitrov is currently in the U.S., where this month will participate in two Masters held in Indian Wells and Miami, which he said is one of the best outdoor events in the summer and likes to call them small Grand Slam .Our first missile spend a few days in Los Angeles, where he prepared under the guidance of his coach Michael Tilstryom and before heading to Indian Wells Haskovo gave an interesting interview blitz "Capital Light".

Here it is:

Favorite means of transportation I use all possible means. I have to.
Favorite pet: I would like to have a dog, but under the circumstances it is not currently possible.
Favorite jeans model: I like to create your own style, different dress pants and jeans. Because I travel a lot, I could not be mistaken as an actual dress nice sweaters.
Popular sneaker: Nike.
Favorite restaurant: kitchen mom.
Favorite book: I like the variety of topics and I was difficult to choose one particular.
Favorite drink: Ginger Ale.
Desired destination for vacation: Song Saa Private Island in Cambodia and Bora Bora - these are my dream destinations.
Favorite sport besides tennis: I like to play football and I like extreme sports, especially mountain biking with my RAM Bike.
Your Inspiration: I find inspiration in almost everything that surrounds me. "Keep your eyes open and do not hang up and see the beauty and reality will see you."
Favorite Coffee: Cappuccino Latte.
Favorite Designer: Alexander McQueen, Rick Owens, and other Balmeyn.
Favorite Model Bag: Louis Vuitton.
Favorite pattern shirt: Do not wear a lot of shirts, but I like the urban style with a nice sweater.
Favorite Bar: Buddha Bar.
Favorite gadget: Do not travel without my computer, iPad and Blackberry.
Favorite memory: I remember only the good.
Favorite breakfast: Nothing can compare to the eggs - any kind, Crispy Hashbrowns, bread, tomatoes and ham Serrano.
Favorite model watches: Longines.
Favorite TV show / series: Entourage and Friengs.
Favorite spice: Sugar and salt.
Favorite scene: The one to the house of my friend.
Favorite Perfume: Creed-Aventus.
Favorite Toothpaste: Crest, Rembrandt.
Favourite cream: La Pririe.
Favorite movie: The Notebook.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #150

Getting new fan everywhere he goes:-

Quote:
Mr. Showtime, Grigor Dimitrov
Written by: Shubert on 8th March 2013

Indian Wells, CA – There’s a reason that Brad Gilbert nicknamed this young player named Grigor, “Mr. Showtime”… It’s because when you’re around him his charisma and energy is just that, Showtime. He’s an immensely talented tennis player with fluid strokes on both wings, a gorgeous one-handed backhand, and power that seems to come seamlessly from his footwork.

I just met Grigor at this year’s BNP Paribas Open and his open personality and amazing friendliness on top of confidence was easily seen. No wonder this guy is able to play such care-free tennis and produce results. He made the final at the Brisbane 250 right before the Australian Open and had chances to beat Andy Murray in that match but came up a little short. Not bad for his first tour final to make the reigning British #1 look extremely defensive.

What I witnessed as I sat warming the bench as Grigor and his doubles partner warmed up was astounding. I watched him hit shots that only one other player makes look as easy, Roger Federer. On top of that, he practices trick shots as well as his weapons. Drop shots, touch, feel, even ridiculous crowd pleasers. As soon as he had a crowd watching him, he tried a serve. He balanced the ball on the butt of his racket, then bounced the racket on the tip of its head so that the ball jumped up off the butt off the racket. He then took a full service motion while the ball was flying up in the air (like a toss) and hit a perfect slice serve off of it. Then he did it again and hit a kick serve. Jaws in the sparse crowd started to drop.

I hereby proclaim that if you’re tired of seeing grinders or players that just don’t offer up the style that you want to see from professional tennis players, then you must make Grigor Dimitrov one of your favorite players to try and see, he will amaze you. And if his play doesn’t amaze you, don’t be afraid to talk to him because as I learned tonight, he talks back! Interacting with the crowd, appeasing them, and thoroughly enjoying it just as much as they are. I will definitely keep a more steady eye on this man and hope you will begin to as well. As young as he is, style doesn’t win you many points on tour, so the more support and encouragement he gets, hopefully he can be a solid top 20 player in the coming years and delight tennis fans globally for years to come.