More legitimate Grand Slam Title! Murray V Del GOATro - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Murray

Murray 43 42.16%
Del Potro 59 57.84%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #31
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More legitimate Grand Slam Title! Murray V Del GOATro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
That the players didn't strike after the USO Mugray debacle shows what a serious problem there is in tennis
This is the best bit of trolling I have seen on here for yonks
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #32
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First we have to dismiss the myth propagated by Mugraytards that all slams are legitimate. This is obviously untrue, as the essence of tennis history was the controversy over legitimate slams. After all, the Open Era began because the best players weren't playing the slams and a bunch of amateurs were winning. I'm pretty sure if Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic were forbidden from playing the AO and Mugray won, it wouldn't be very controvertial that it was an illegitimate slam.

OK so that's pre-open era. What about open era? The Australian Open has had multiple illegitimate winners because it wasn't important. I think everyone would agree that 1972 Wimbledon was illegitimate. Various other circumstances have been argued to cause illegitimacy throughout tennis history: weather, fixing, terrible officiating and player/organization conflicts, etc. What we can say is that the concept of an illegitimate slam is not only correct, it is an essential part of what tennis is today. That Mugraytards deny this is more than ignorance I'm afraid to say, it goes back to a fundamental distaste for the game of tennis and a fear that Mugray will be exposed as a fraudulent winner in a controversial USO arguably as bad as the FO and W of 1972. That the players didn't strike after the USO Mugray debacle shows what a serious problem there is in tennis and the danger Mugray represents.
I honestly can't believer you took time and effort to write this god awful post.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #33
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First we have to dismiss the myth propagated by Mugraytards that all slams are legitimate. This is obviously untrue, as the essence of tennis history was the controversy over legitimate slams. After all, the Open Era began because the best players weren't playing the slams and a bunch of amateurs were winning. I'm pretty sure if Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic were forbidden from playing the AO and Mugray won, it wouldn't be very controvertial that it was an illegitimate slam.

OK so that's pre-open era. What about open era? The Australian Open has had multiple illegitimate winners because it wasn't important. I think everyone would agree that 1972 Wimbledon was illegitimate. Various other circumstances have been argued to cause illegitimacy throughout tennis history: weather, fixing, terrible officiating and player/organization conflicts, etc. What we can say is that the concept of an illegitimate slam is not only correct, it is an essential part of what tennis is today. That Mugraytards deny this is more than ignorance I'm afraid to say, it goes back to a fundamental distaste for the game of tennis and a fear that Mugray will be exposed as a fraudulent winner in a controversial USO arguably as bad as the FO and W of 1972. That the players didn't strike after the USO Mugray debacle shows what a serious problem there is in tennis and the danger Mugray represents.
Whoever draws you in the 2013 ACC will have a very hard time to say the least, strong stuff here.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #34
country flag FleetSeb

FleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond reputeFleetSeb has a reputation beyond repute

Murray. Backed it up more effectively. Didn't face an injured opponent in the semi-final. Has clearly had a much stronger career overall.
But both are evidently legitimate. All slams are.

Gilles Simon - Juan Martin del Potro - Grigor Dimitrov

Pablo Andujar - Philipp Petzschner - David Ferrer - Mikhail Youzhny - Simone Bolelli

Julien Benneteau - Juan Monaco - Tommy Haas - Gianluigi Quinzi - Tommy Robredo - Guido Pella - Lleyton Hewitt
FleetSeb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #35
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

How can one be more legitimate than the other? If you win it, you deserve it.

I voted for Murray though, just because he had half the votes.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #36
country flag Vesta

Vesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of the topic, I like this comment about the best return ever :
" I keep telling myself it was pure luck, but dammit he keeps pulling those shots off like nothing."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWci2...ature=youtu.be
Vesta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #37
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

They're both fucking legitimate
Chase Visa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #38
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Both. Clown thread. Delete.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

INDISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #39
country flag Lodger Federer

Lodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond reputeLodger Federer has a reputation beyond repute

If we're looking at the individual slam events, then Delpo. He simply beat more quality opposition. If we're looking at who deserved the slam based on their body of work, then Murray. It was literally his fifth grand slam final when he finally crossed the finish line. He's just been much more consistent at the top of the game. They're obviously both legitimate slam winners, though.
Lodger Federer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #40
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetSeb View Post
Murray. Backed it up more effectively. Didn't face an injured opponent in the semi-final. Has clearly had a much stronger career overall.
But both are evidently legitimate. All slams are.
Are you kididng me ? Yeah, he was very lucky he avoided Berdych and got Nadal instead

And while Nadal wasn't 100%, make me a list of players in that draw who were arguably stronger opponents than this 'injured' Nadal. If not for Del Potro, odds are Nadal would have ended up winning the tournament anyway. Under no circumstances would anyone ever prefer Nadal over Berdych in a Slam semi.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #41
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

This is like trying to decide who is more ridiculous a clown or a jester. Both titles were complete flukes for various reasons.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #42
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

People crying just because Djoker's the best of all time?
Del Potro choked badly every time he played Federer after 2009. Only one tough Slam win over Federer.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #43
country flag Lestat

Lestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
This is like trying to decide who is more ridiculous a clown or a jester. Both titles were complete flukes for various reasons.
lol you couldnt decide which one you dislike more, right

Pusher Nation's Reign of Terror is coming to an end, their borders are conquered and we won't take any prisoners!
Get Ready King Mandy!

everytime Mandy wins, a little ballbasher kitty dies somewhere... Save kitties; support Ballbasher Nation
Lestat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #44
country flag NJ88

NJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond repute

Both won the US Open which in itself is a legitimate grand slam title...

If you're asking if either one was a fluke, then...again no. Del Potro beat two of the top four on his way to the title and Murray has proved his isn't a fluke by being in various slam finals, and winning the Olympics. He's obviously not a fluke champion. The title of the threat makes little sense.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 AM   #45
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

only one of them won USO under playable conditions, and you all don't need reminding who I'm talking about
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote