movie stuff - Page 115 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #1711
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: movie stuff

Fiiiiiiiinally something from the Coens' latest:

And Downey Jr passed on PTA's Inherent Vice adaptation but it seems Joaquin has come to the rescue. So that's a win
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #1712
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

anyone saw Lincoln? i was wondering if its any good
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #1713
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Les Misérables is really really good. Jackman is great, but Anne Hathaway really does something special in this.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #1714
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Lincoln.

My least favorite movie from this year's BP nominees that I have seen so far. DDL is good, no one is debating that.

I prefer Life of Pi, Argo and ZDT over that one, and Les Miz is also better.

Confirms that I am not a fan of Spielberg. I'd be glad if this was a year where the movie with the most noms goes home almost empty handed.

Last edited by BigJohn : 01-27-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: m
Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #1715
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Lincoln.

My least favorite movie from this year's BP nominees that I have seen so far. DDL is good, no one is debating that.

Confirms that I am not a fan of Spielberg. I'd be glad if this was a year where the movie with the most noms goes hone almost empty handed.
thats good to know
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 01-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #1716
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

How could they nominate Spielberg and not Affleck? Or Bigelow?

Lincoln is a well crafted movie, the actors are great, but it drags its feet from beginning to end.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #1717
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be seeing Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty this week. The latter has become my most anticipated after comparisons to procedurals like Zodiac and All the President's Men. Are they apt BJ?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #1718
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
I'll be seeing Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty this week. The latter has become my most anticipated after comparisons to procedurals like Zodiac and All the President's Men. Are they apt BJ?
My advice is not to brush up on al-Qaeda related events before going and get the surprise effect. ZDT is superior to both movies. Mind you, I loved Hurt Locker, so I might be biased a bit. Went in there expecting greatness and left floored and satisfied.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #1719
country flag Punky

what about the new Tarantino?

Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #1720
country flag Ben.

Quote:
My advice is not to brush up on al-Qaeda related events before going and get the surprise effect. ZDT is superior to both movies. Mind you, I loved Hurt Locker, so I might be biased a bit. Went in there expecting greatness and left floored and satisfied.
Ok thanks

I liked The Hurt Locker a lot too but if we agree on ZDT being better than those two films it will mean it is one of my absolute favorites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
what about the new Tarantino?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=2739
Old 01-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #1721
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lincoln.

Confirms that I am not a fan of Spielberg. I'd be glad if this was a year where the movie with the most noms goes home almost empty handed.
I saw the poster for Lincoln and thought it looked like something that I might watch. Then I saw that it's a Spielberg film.

Can't stand his movies, to be honest. His fluffy ones are okay, but his serious ones are unbearable. He just can't help being didactic. Munich was one of the most painful (literally for my head) movies that I'd ever sat through.

I need to watch Life of Pi...
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #1722
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I saw the poster for Lincoln and thought it looked like something that I might watch. Then I saw that it's a Spielberg film.

Can't stand his movies, to be honest. His fluffy ones are okay, but his serious ones are unbearable. He just can't help being didactic. Munich was one of the most painful (literally for my head) movies that I'd ever sat through.

I need to watch Life of Pi...
I liked Amistad...

And yes, you need to see Life of Pi. I-Max 3D too.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #1723
country flag Punky

i see the new Tarantino is about slaves, i will pass...

i dont like those movies, same goes to Holocaust films, never saw Schindler's List and Munich well i saw the Documentary and it was more Accurate.

i liked Jaws and E.T and Jurassic Park, those in my eyes are his best movies.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #1724
country flag Ben.

Argo won ensemble at the SAGs Looks like it could win Best Picture with no directing nom

I guess Affleck missing out on a nomination means there is a lot of goodwill toward the film now.

Day-Lewis, Lawrence, Jones and Hathaway consolidate their status as the front runners.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #1725
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
i see the new Tarantino is about slaves, i will pass...

i dont like those movies, same goes to Holocaust films, never saw Schindler's List and Munich well i saw the Documentary and it was more Accurate.

i liked Jaws and E.T and Jurassic Park, those in my eyes are his best movies.
1. Good choice.

2. Worth seeing, Munich is pretty intense, still good though, his most violent film.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote