the training of roger federer......good or bad??? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #31
country flag JarkaFish
Banned!

JarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the training of roger federer......good or bad???

Federer is a natural tennis player.

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #32
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
yesterday`s nigth I was talking with a friendo who is tennis`s professor , talking about federer and his match against murray.

he saids to me that federer not works good in his training , that federer doesn`t like training , and he belives that if federer would training hard like players like ferrer , nadal or djokovic , he would be capable to still dominating them , and I remember moya saying that roger`s training sessions were and are more shorts that others players.

because that , my friend said that he is not see credits to his losts against nole and murray , because he belives that if federer really training hard , he can dominate them.

the guy is tennis professor , and said that always roger doesn`t like the training and sacrifice , and that it`s one of the pricipals reasons for lost against guys like nadal , murray or nole even pushers like simon too.

that this players demands more sacrifice and federer doesn`t like that.

anyway I don`t agree , roger maybe can training hard , but he will never has the same atlethic condition than nole and nadal , or even murray.
yeah because Federer hired Annacone and has his own personal training team just BECAUSE he doesn't train very much, right? sorry no. the reality is he's 31, he can't physically last long necessarily than his younger opponents, and as far as improvement, the reality is he's hit the point where there's not much left. I'm sure he trains a lot but it's more to keep his machinery working and up to date than like it would be for a younger player. a 20 year old guy on tour needs to train insanely, not someone like Federer who's already got all the tools just needs to stay active and in shape. if anything it would be a mistake for Roger to train TOO much, as he is older and can't handle being insanely active. too many miles on him. he does a good job of hiding the fact that his physical prowess has been decreasing, but matches like the 5 set with Murray sort of expose this

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #33
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is bullshit. Federer is the fittest 31 year old i've ever seen.

Unless he has mastered nasal breathing, that is. I have never seen him on his knees or winded or even sweating heavilly like Djokovic or Nadal.

As for peak Fed, he was inhuman.

Australian Open 06, FO 09, lots of other slams, he came out in the final fresh as a daisy after a long 5 set semi.

Hell, he even reached the semis of the 08 AO WITH MONO, after an epic 9-7 5th set vs Tipsaravic earlier in the tournament. How the hell do you do that if your not insanely fit?

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #34
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

I remember hearing the exact opposite a few times from some of the BBC pundits, they mentioned how he has to take a few guys with him to dubai for training because the sessions were so exhausting that they would take turns hitting with him.
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #35
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
I believe this. For anyone that doesn't, all they have to do is look at Roger without his shirt off. He simply doesn't have the body of an athlete, which could explain his poor 5 set record compared to the top4.
Well tbh during his peak Fed used to win in 3/4 sets most of the time. He once recovered from 2 sets down against Nadal in Miami, and lost a 5 hour match in Rome, but I wouldn't say it was because of poor fitness. He also lost that AO semi against safin, but then again I wouldn't blame his fitness for that. It may have been the problem in AO and USO final in 2009, but that wasn't peak Federer anymore.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #36
country flag pierricbross

pierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond repute

Federer said part of the reason he was playing in less tournaments this year was to re-focus on training as he was really lax with it last year.
pierricbross is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #37
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

RF is the GOAT.
he trains however he wants.
True story.
Next.

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #38
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
I believe this. For anyone that doesn't, all they have to do is look at Roger without his shirt off. He simply doesn't have the body of an athlete, which could explain his poor 5 set record compared to the top4.

One of the most ludicrous posts I've seen, but thanks for the hot picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
I noticed Fed seemed to be carrying a bit of (seemingly) unnecessary weight around the tummy in the Wimby 09 final which I was rewatching the other day, so I don't think that's anything new.
He's always had a bit of a tummy, no? It appears and disappears though.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #39
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

well , my impression is that in his peak roger didn`t needed a really hard training because with only his game destroyed all the tour , but with nadal in my opinion he would needed more training that with the rest of the tour...........

but now , that roger needs a more hard training , the guy won everything and he is still winning gs , tournys , nº1 and more....and because that , he is not very focused in training
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote