Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 82 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #1216
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
There was this club/pub in Budapest, where all the ERASMUS students would go once a week on wednesdays. Nothing special really, the only special thing about it is that all the foreign students studying in Budapest for a year would go there, so it would feel familiar, talking to people in the same circumstances, sometimes even meeting people from your own country, etc.... It was like a basement.

One day I was looking around, and I realized, if there was a fire in that place, pretty much nobody would make it out of there, really, only one way out and you had to go up a narrow staircase, the walls were covered in wood. I didn't stop going there, but needless to say I was always worried.
A table near the stairs!

Life is so dreadfully random. If we started looking at all the dangers, we would be paralyzed.

In Austin one time a car crashed into the living room of a house. The funny thing is that the house was a place were people with agoraphobia sometimes met for group sessions.

I just drove 2500 miles. Nothing happened, but there were some scary places where things might have happened. People drive like banshees between Austin and Houston. It's about 80 all the way and people are pushing to get ahead all the time. It's crazy really because is getting someplace 15 minutes faster really worth all the risk and stress?
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #1217
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

It's all very random. But it can be very, very hard to accept. But it all comes down to the undeniable fact that we tend to ignore because it's so hard to accept: luck plays a huge part in one's life.

Now, what kind of recipes can I make with oatmeal? It's not very common here. I bought for breakfast, I eat it with yogurt and fruit. But now I am getting creative and I want to cook something with it, but what?
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #1218
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?...Recipes&from=O

The Oatmeal Banana Waffle perhaps?
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #1219
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a "waffle iron" although I can improvise! It seems yummy. I was thinking something in the lines of that: banana + oatmeal or chocolate + oatmeal. Or all the 3!

Are you hungry already? I am...

Wanna watch a movie?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #1220
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I wasn´t hungry until I read about those Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I´ll just settle for an apple though.

What movie?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #1221
country flag arm

Lincoln. I am about to start

Or some other as long as I haven't watched it yet

Oh and an apple sounds like a good idea. I have apples.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #1222
country flag Trollicki

Well, I should be studying, but I´m awfully tempted. Besides, it´s not as if I´ll get much done anyway after such a historical day. So yeah, Lincoln sounds good to me.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #1223
country flag arm

Noooo. I can't do that to you. You have to study! Now I feel bad. are you going to have exam soon?

It's very tempting though, having sort of company to watch a movie while eating an apple.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #1224
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

That's a cute idea, you two watching a movie together, but not really together.

The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #1225
country flag Trollicki

This Wednesday. Can´t seem to focus for it though

Meanwhile, the film is downloading at a snail´s pace

EDIT: Why don´t you join us George (I can call you that, no?)? The more the merrier. Thank you for that PM by the way, if you ever go to Holland I´ll be glad to return the favour.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #1226
country flag arm

Have you learned anything with me? we can watch it online on that portuguese website. But we won't because you have to study.

I have a better idea, we'll watch it on wednesday after your exam. To celebrate This way you can download it and I'll probably do the same to get a better version.

And now you study! Deal? What subject is it?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #1227
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
EDIT: Why don´t you join us George (I can call you that, no?)? The more the merrier. Thank you for that PM by the way, if you ever go to Holland I´ll be glad to return the favour.
Of course you can call me that.

It's a tempting offer as I'm yet to see the film, but I understand you're going to do it after your exam? What time would you do it on Wednesday?

My pleasure with regards to the PM. If I return to Holland and need some tips, I'll be sure to call on you then.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #1228
country flag Trollicki

Well, I went to that portuguese website, but I couldn´t open the file, so a download was the only option I had left.

What are you, my virtual conscience ? But no, you are right, I should go and study. Or just go to bed, one of the two. Although I am not all that sure I will have cause to celebrate on Wednesday, the subject has been giving me some trouble. The subject is administrative law (permits, spatial developmental plans etc.)

EDIT: Let´s say 7PM your time (which would mean 8PM for me) Can you two make that?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #1229
country flag The Prince

So 8pm CET?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #1230
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
That's a cute idea, you two watching a movie together, but not really together.

George we can all do it. All 3 and whoever wants to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Well, I went to that portuguese website, but I couldn´t open the file, so a download was the only option I had left.

What are you, my virtual conscience ? But no, you are right, I should go and study. Or just go to bed, one of the two. Although I am not all that sure I will have cause to celebrate on Wednesday, the subject has been giving me some trouble. The subject is administrative law (permits, spatial developmental plans etc.)

EDIT: Let´s say 7PM your time (which would mean 8PM for me) Can you two make that?
Next wednesday? I certainly can. And if you won't have reasons to celebrate, you will need something to get you distracted. Now go get some rest so that you're fresh to study tomorrow!
Closed Thread