Unlikeliest Famous Tennis Fans? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #31
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlikeliest Famous Tennis Fans?

Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden plays pretty well and is Pat Cash's friend.
Ballbasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #32
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

This is from 2009.

Quote:
Michael Douglas: "I am a big fan of Rafa Nadal"

U.S. actor Michael Douglas said he is "a big fan of (Rafael) Nadal," during a press conference at the International Film Festival in Toronto (TIFF by its initials in English).

Douglas, who presented his latest film, 'Solitary Man', a black comedy in which is also involved the actor Danny DeVito, and in which he plays a successful businessman who sees his life suddenly collapse, said he does not see many movies because most of the times he is able to anticipate the endings.

"But I'm hooked on sports and news because I do not know how they will end," said veteran actor to questions from reporters. Asked what his favorite sports are, Douglas, who has a home in Mallorca-s' Stake in Deia, said: "The U.S. Open is now. I am a big fan of Nadal."
http://www.elreferente.es/actualidad...afa-nadal-3523
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #33
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Anne Sophie Mutter, a German violinist, is a huge fan of Roger.

She said in a German interview with the weekly paper "Die Zeit" in 2009 that she and her son are huge fans and that there won't be a match of him which they won't even watch at 2 a.m. on the computer or fly to in order to see it.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #34
country flag mooncreek

mooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a good one I read in a recent Sports Illustrated: there's a song called "Watching You Watch Him" by Eric Hutchinson, which I admit I've played too many times. The song is about his wife's obsession with watching Roger Federer play.

In the realm of "things that don't make sense to those outside of tennis", the Miami Heat players rooting on Andy Murray fits there.

The Brian Baker Story. Proof that truth is stranger than fiction... until Hollywood buys the rights and proceeds to keep screwing the script up.
mooncreek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #35
country flag MinioNole

MinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond repute

I think I also saw him sitting in Djokovic's box during the 2011 US Open SF
Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #36
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NBA's Dirk Nowitzki still has a passion for tennis

At 7-feet tall, blasting serves and forehands down the line, he's an intimidating sight on any tennis court.

No, not tennis giants John Isner or Ivo Karlovic — Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki.

The 11-time NBA All-Star, No. 19 on the league's all-time scoring list, got his athletic start in tennis. The passion, he said this week, has never left.

It started — he was nationally ranked as a junior in Germany — in part is because of Boris Becker and Steffi Graf, who helped launch a tennis boom in his home country, "when everybody started playing."

"Now, when I have some time I try to play almost every day at my court at home in Dallas … It's fun and good for the footwork in the offseason," says Nowitzki, back in action full time for the Mavericks after sitting out the first two months of the season following October knee surgery.

Nowitzki scored in double figures (11 points) for the first time since his return Dec. 23 in a victory Tuesday against the Washington Wizards, and followed that up with 19 Wednesday in a loss to the Miami Heat.

However, the recovery from his first major injury during his 14 years in the NBA has not been easy.

Nowitzki credits the team aspect of the NBA — unlike a tennis star's solitary pursuit — for helping him bounce back.

"For me, it helped to be around my team. They help me and push me forward every day. It was easier to be around teammates, so I can't even imagine going through it alone," Nowitzki says.

Nowitzki gave up tennis at age 15 to pursue basketball, and it wasn't until his mid-20s that he once again picked up a racket.

"When I was 25 or so, I really started to play again in the summers when I didn't practice (basketball)," Nowitzki says. "I actually take lessons now, and have a great coach in Dallas who used to play on the tour a bit."

Nowitzki, 34, is the same age as world No. 21 Tommy Haas, and he recalls the talk when the promising young Haas left Germany at age 12 to train at the Nick Bollettieri Academy.

So what about it, Dirk, could you have joined Haas as a star in tennis? "I don't think I would have been anywhere close," he says with a smile.

Last summer Nowitzki had a chance to hit with fellow German and former top 10 WTA player Andrea Petkovic, who just last week reinjured her knee at the Hopman Cup, once again ruling her out of the Australian Open.

"I had a chance to hit with Petkovic a little bit after her practice in Germany, and it was great to just see how hard she trained," Nowitzki says. "I think that really motivated me because she really goes hard. I saw she got hurt again the other day. And with her rehab basically all year, last year as well. It's tough, but she's fighter and she'll be back."

Given the NBA's travel schedule, catching a live tennis tournament on the road is tricky, but Nowitzki looks for any opportunity. In 2012, he was able to attend the Sony Ericsson Open and the Dallas Tennis Classic. He calls his three visits to Wimbledon a "blast every single time."

One tournament he looks forward to attending in the future is the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 14 in Melbourne. And just like any true tennis fan, he's not afraid to make his pick for a men's champion this year.

"I was looking forward to (Rafael) Nadal coming back," Nowitzki says. "He's my man. I love watching him play. He's a warrior. But I feel like hardcourt is (Novak) Djokovic's thing. Even though he lost in the U.S. Open final against (Andy) Murray, I still think 'Djoko' is the guy to beat on hardcourt."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ennis/1807119/
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #37
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
With a name like that, he should be a Murray fan

*boomtish*
Quick
Old 01-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #38
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #39
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god, thank you for posting that.

Reminded me of this legendary video of Spacey randomly standing in a corridor while Federer doesn't even notices him

0:21

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #40
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

Nice video!

Last edited by coluta : 01-26-2013 at 11:49 PM.
coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #41
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Is Kevin Spacey that big of a deal that he gets locker room access and reserved front row seats near Court and Rosewall? Way to be entitled. Buy a ticket yourself and sit in the stands with all the lessors you ass

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #42
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Is Kevin Spacey that big of a deal that he gets locker room access and reserved front row seats near Court and Rosewall? Way to be entitled. Buy a ticket yourself and sit in the stands with all the lessors you ass

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #43
country flag motorhead

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin Spacey said in a 2009 interview he has an account in here though rarely posts comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
You're a hater. I don't expect a balanced and well concerted argument
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I learn my learn in Oeiras, the flop was wearing a freaking jumper in a match vs sizzles, well he won, but I swear on my life afterwards' Never in my lifetime, I will bet on this flop'.
motorhead is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #44
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond reputeivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Seems that Simon le Bon likes Djokovic

https://twitter.com/SimonJCLeBON/sta...120577/photo/1

https://twitter.com/SimonJCLeBON
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #45
country flag coluta