Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! WINNER!!!! - Page 117 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #1741
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! SF v Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox View Post
Yes I do. There's something about the AO that makes Nole into Super Nole. If he needs 90 hours to win the title, he'll go the distance. We know that and we all have the heart attacks to prove it.

More love!

What makes you think I have a heart?

No pressure hon, no pressure.

Just get me something fab or we're through!
For some reason that last line reminded me of Drug Life.

star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #1742
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! SF v Ferrer

Federer
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #1743
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly did he do?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #1744
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
What exactly did he do?
you're going to laugh now. He did noting.

My phone posted that alone. It's something I meant to post or maybe even posted when he got broken in the last set. I havent posted from my phone since then, and when I opened the browser a few mins ago again, it posted it again
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #1745
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it's about what he yelled at Murray. When will his fans accepted he's not that nice a person and has an entitlement issue
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #1746
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I thought it's about what he yelled at Murray. When will his fans accepted he's not that nice a person and has an entitlement issue
Oh that. No. No need to complain about it here, I have a feeling that pretty much all the regulars here agree on this matter.

I actually think what he said is not a big deal. Although a lot of players would never do such a thing, it's acceptable when they are under such pressure and the adrenaline and all... but it just comes to show his true colors (star ), and it's amazing how his fans can be so biased. If roger says or does, it, people are overreacting, if Nole rips off a shirt: boooo hooo.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #1747
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

And of course they have to mention Nole's MTO.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #1748
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! F v Murray

Important thing for Nole in the final is he needs to come out the gate chomping. No slow start. Put Murray in defense right from the beginning,he will get negative.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #1749
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! F v Murray

I couldn't see this match and sadly I won't watch the final, my cable network lost the rights to AO and USO.
So until I change it there is not much that i can't do. I know you can watch it online but it's not the same, plus I can't sit still in front of the computer for 5 hours.
At what european time is the final? maybe i'll watch the rerun without looking at the score. This AO feels ethereal to me because I haven't been able to follow it.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #1750
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Federer looked old last year too. Really old at the wtf. But the lighting there is ghastly.

I thought fed fought tooth and nail tho. In his heyday he could demoralize his opponents with a couple of blazingly brilliant games and then cruise to a win. But now the good players just Ignore the brilliant streaks and keep coming. It makes watching fed more interesting because he has to scratch and claw and fight for the entire match,
You really nail it here. When Roger is in the zone he can blast winners from every side of the court for a good twenty minutes before you even have time to adjust. That's his biggest asset. When he does that there is simply nothing you can do, just wait until it passes and don't lose composure and have patience. Wait for your shots and wait for the storm to subside, then attack with your arsenal. I think in the past Nole got demoralized a little bit with Fed outbursts of goat play and would easily lose his concentration and positivism and belief. But he got over it too. He knows how to play Roger now, maybe after all these years it's starting to pay off. For Murray too.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #1751
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I couldn't see this match and sadly I won't watch the final, my cable network lost the rights to AO and USO.
So until I change it there is not much that i can't do. I know you can watch it online but it's not the same, plus I can't sit still in front of the computer for 5 hours.
At what european time is the final? maybe i'll watch the rerun without looking at the score. This AO feels ethereal to me because I haven't been able to follow it.
Girl, you're an independent woman living in BARCELONA, I am sure you can find a cafe or pub where you can watch the damn match! It starts a 9:30am for you.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #1752
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Girl, you're an independent woman living in BARCELONA, I am sure you can find a cafe or pub where you can watch the damn match! It starts a 9:30am for you.
They don't show tennis matches here, only football.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #1753
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
They don't show tennis matches here, only football.
What do you mean the cafes of the tv?

If they don't show, you asked them to change channel. Use your charm as a woman.

You know I was once in Galicia (Sanxenxo) on holidays, and having dinner in a restaurant. Real Madrid was playing on tv, live, and I had the nerve to ask the waitress to change the channel for Nole's match (playing a nobody ). And she was a young woman, clearly had on interest in football, so she did. I thought the rest of the clients sitting there were going to kill me and her.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #1754
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
What do you mean the cafes of the tv?

If they don't show, you asked them to change channel. Use your charm as a woman.

You know I was once in Galicia (Sanxenxo) on holidays, and having dinner in a restaurant. Real Madrid was playing on tv, live, and I had the nerve to ask the waitress to change the channel for Nole's match (playing a nobody ). And she was a young woman, clearly had on interest in football, so she did. I thought the rest of the clients sitting there were going to kill me and her.
Maybe I'll try that.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #1755
country flag Nole fan

This quote by Murray after his match with Federer has stuck with me.

Quote:
“The serve is normally the first to go when guys get to the end of their career.”
It seems like Fed was out-served today. And I wonder... would Fed be half the player he is without his amazing serve?

Novak Djokovic nº1!