Political Discussion Thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #151
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political Discussion Thread

I know it hasn't been voted on yet - but that's the point I'm making - he WILL vote for it for the reasons you have stated...regardless of his personal opinion which he would clearly never state in Russia.....and I know that he doesn't read here anymore - I just want to call shame on him when he does .... vote, that is...because - as i said, how COULD he?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #152
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
I know it hasn't been voted on yet - but that's the point I'm making - he WILL vote for it for the reasons you have stated...regardless of his personal opinion which he would clearly never state in Russia.....and I know that he doesn't read here anymore - I just want to call shame on him when he does .... vote, that is...because - as i said, how COULD he?
well, after he and others have voted for adoption ban (even though half of them didn't want to) I don't have any question left. Compared to the law dooming many orphans to rotting alive here the law against gays is pretty innocent one.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #153
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
well, after he and others have voted for adoption ban (even though half of them didn't want to) I don't have any question left. Compared to the law dooming many orphans to rotting alive here the law against gays is pretty innocent one.
I know....what is happening is frightening and very sad - but frankly, both pieces of legislation - if you can call it that - are EQUALLY oppressive and without rational.... the orphans will still be there, and people will still be homosexual....passing some dumb-ass 'law' is not going to change that - its just TRAGIC for the Russian people - the Kremlin wants them to remain uneducated peasants for all eternity - holy mother of god - may they all rot in hell !!
(copy and paste THAT to "marat"'s twitter account, , U-u/Puzzel )
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #154
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know....what is happening is frightening and very sad - but frankly, both pieces of legislation - if you can call it that - are EQUALLY oppressive and without rational
Russia is a very homophobic country. There won't be any significant changes for gays in Russia after the law is passed. In a way it might help those who want to leave Russia to get assylum in EU. Also, Russia will end up facing humilition of having to pay back after European HR court will rule in favour of russians fined for "propaganda"
Anti-adoption law is simply a death sentnce for many children. This is horrific.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #155
country flag mikomonstr

mikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Monkey! I just saw this pic today and snagged it and put it on Twitter. Dammit, wish he would have just gone into coaching and commentating.
mikomonstr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #156
country flag mer

Since Marat is going to vote for new anti-gay law soon to be passed in Duma, I decided I have to post it here.
Quote:
How did there come to be a law in the Duma that forbids justifying homosexuality? Until now, the only thing you were forbidden to justify in my country was terrorism. Well, there you have it. So as far as the deputies are concerned I am not a human being in the same sense that they are; I am to be classed as scum, like a terrorist. As far as the deputies are concerned I am scum by the fact of my birth, and it was criminal negligence not to have made a note of that in my birth certificate. What seemed like a bad dream only a couple of years ago has now become reality. And it is terrifying to imagine what could happen tomorrow.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...d-to-terrorism
Old 05-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #157
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, mer, that's a shocking read. I wonder how many State Duma members are still in the closet.

In case anyone's interested, here's Marat's voting page for the bill banning promotion of homosexuality among minors, № 44554-6. I think there will be a further reading on 25 May after any proposed amendments have been made.

Subject pages on Russian Gazette and Gazeta.ru.

So Marat tweeted this very morning about raising the legal alcohol-purchasing age in Russia to 21. Didn't he once say, when he was much younger, that he couldn't live in the USA ("Oh, so you want me to kill myself?" etc.) because their laws didn't allow him to drink beer? I'm sure he found a way, though, just like every other kid in Russia will ...
Old 05-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #158
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Since Marat is going to vote for new anti-gay law soon to be passed in Duma, I decided I have to post it here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...d-to-terrorism
Horrible, simply horrible.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #159
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey247 View Post
Thanks, mer, that's a shocking read. I wonder how many State Duma members are still in the closet.
I guess quite a lot. Rumors say that one of the closest to Putin officials is gay.
There are virtually no openly gay public figures in Russia. The first one I know of is this guy who wrote this article. And there was another one -a singer who came out of the closet in the 90's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey247 View Post
In case anyone's interested, here's Marat's voting page for the bill banning promotion of homosexuality among minors
"promotion" of homosexuality sounded laughable, but now that went even further, now it's "justifying homosexuality" - this is pure fascism. I can't believe this is happening.

oh, and there is no point checking Marat's voting history. He voted for every single bill that was and will be passed. That's how Duma works.

Last edited by mer : 05-15-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #160
country flag mer

Homophobic law has been passed in Duma. Now if I post anything positive or even neutral about LGBT I might be fined up to 3000 Eur. Thank you, dear Marat.
btw I hope you know that if hell existed you sucessfully booked yourslef a place there after voting for anti-orpahn law. I guess new hate crimes against gays and teens' suicides is nothing compared to a disabled orphans' misarable life and death in loony bins and houses for elderly you are now personally responsible for.

I just have few questions. Like, when do you and your colleagues plan to itroduce fines for sex outside wedlock? Isn't it against russian tradtional values? oh, and What about feminism? Will it be criminal or administartive offence. After all, Pussy Riot trail demostrated that feminism can actually be a ground for a jail term. Also, when do you plan to shut down Twitter and Facebook in Russia? State media explained pretty clear that corrupted West is exporting into Russia amorality and perversions threatening our values and the whole existence of Russia.

And finally, when do you plan to close borders like it was back in USSR? I'd like to know if I should hurry up and leave you to build this bright future for Russia without me.

Last edited by mer : 06-11-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #161
country flag inez

:-( .... shame on them all...how can we take the Duma seriously when they just rubber - stamp these reactionary concepts?? presumably Marat must have flown back from parading around in Monte-Carlo/SOF to press his button, huh...hope he didn't pick up any corrupting western influences on the way...
Old 06-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #162
country flag mer

Quote:
:-( .... shame on them all...how can we take the Duma seriously when they just rubber - stamp these reactionary concepts?? presumably Marat must have flown back from parading around in Monte-Carlo/SOF to press his button, huh...hope he didn't pick up any corrupting western influences on the way...
Most of them have property in USA, their children study and work in USA, UK and Switzerland. The irony of this latest law is that it's initiator has a son who lives in Belgium and is a partner in law firm actively supporting LGBT!

The law itself is half of a problem. The main horror is accompanying state media homophobic propaganda. According to the latest poll 42% of Russians think that homosexuality should be a criminal offence punished by jail term. Few years ago only 19% thought so. The are articles in state controlled media that suggest Russia should create it's own concept of human rights where certain categories like gays don't deserve any rights at all. Yesterday one of the MP's openly encouraged police and anti-gay crowd near Duma to beat up pro-gay protesters saying literally "go cut these faggots' balls off".
Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #163
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh goodness! But isn't encouraging or inciting violence a crime in Russia? I know the question is kinda ironical.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #164
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Oh goodness! But isn't encouraging or inciting violence a crime in Russia? I know the question is kinda ironical.
Violence is a byproduct. Inciting hatred is exactly what they want. And it's not just about gays. In the past year they have been inciting hatred towards everything that represent so called liberal values - democracy, human rights, different kind of freedoms etc. Stalin has become a great ruler in people minds. When I see results of polls my brain is ready to explode and I want to pack my bags right now and run.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #165
country flag MariaV

And to think that Russia could really be a great country.
I am also worried about this rise of Stalin as a positive figure but hey, that's Putin.
But to be honest Irochka, it doesn't seem to be better in any 'democracy' either at the moment.