Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? Thatís a really difficult call. - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #316
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? Thatís a really difficult call.

Every little thing Federer says, will be disected word for word like a passage out of a bible because a great a player that Roger is, nothing can be taken for granted.
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #317
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? Thatís a really difficult call.

I'm not usually someone who underrates the past, but I do actually believe that the top-4 we've had since 2008 is the best I've ever seen on such a long period.

In the beginning of the 80s there was McEnroe-Lendl-Connors then Wilander joined them, but it was not really the best period of all those players except 1984 for McEnroe (but he was disappointing in 1982-1983), and overall I think that in the period we've lived in the last 5 years, the top-4 was better.

However, I feel we may reach the end of that big top-4 period soon, as Federer and Nadal might decline, and after that, Djokovic and Murray might feel quite alone considering the absence of youngsters.

I think in the future, tennis fans will cherish the years we've lived in the last 5-6 years.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #318
country flag Uncle Latso

Uncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gazzetta.it/sondaggi/vota...ondaggio=11545

doesn't mean much, but if you think about it, in a global survey, the results would be similar.
Uncle Latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #319
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
http://www.gazzetta.it/sondaggi/vota...ondaggio=11545

doesn't mean much, but if you think about it, in a global survey, the results would be similar.
I must say this list looks quite ridiculous. Boxers will balk at seeing Ali 5th, whereas the best boxer ever - Sugar Ray Robinson - is not mentioned. I don't think Basketball aficionados will be impressed with Magic Johnson's inclusion and Michael Jordan's exclusion.

And I really don't think Bruce Lee would be 12th in a global survey....nor Callipatira 13th. Not to mention Ribot 14th, which - if anyone should wonder - is a horse.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #320
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

" Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? Thatís a really difficult call. "

I can just see the difference what he says what is on his mind and like this when he says something because he has nothing else to say so blurts something like this
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #321
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
" Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? That’s a really difficult call. "

I can just see the difference what he says what is on his mind and like this when he says something because he has nothing else to say so blurts something like this
let me correct you a bit here. Roger: "I'm the best ever and I do NOT care abbot the rest 3 fools, they are nobodies comparing to ME, myself and me"

Nadal (if asked the same question): 'Clay is the only legitimate surface, all 4 slams should be played in Paris, no'
Nole; 'my 5 slams are worth more than 17 because I've had to fight that Swiss ballerina and that Clay God moron. quality over quantity'
Mandy: 'I'm just happy that I've managed to join big 3 and be in this conversation'.
Safin| 'who cares about slams, I'm the best looking tennis player ever and I slept with over 25,000 women/drank 1000 litters of vodka, still winning slams, that's all that really matters'
Nalbandian| 'I've eaten more burgers than Fed/Nole and Nadal combined can even imagine, f'uck them all, they are just a bunch of sissies, can't even look at that anorexic/bulimic #1 we have right now ...I'd rather have sex and eat than play tennis, tennis is over so rated'

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited by Alex999 : 12-25-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #322
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
let me correct you a bit here. Roger: "I'm the best ever and I do NOT care abbot the rest 3 fools, they are nobodies comparing to ME, myself and me"

Nadal (if asked the same question): 'Clay is the only legitimate surface, all 4 slams should be played in Paris, no'
Nole; 'my 5 slams are worth more than 17 because I've had to fight that Swiss ballerina and that Clay God moron. quality over quantity'
Mandy: 'I'm just happy that I've managed to join big 3 and be in this conversation'.
Safin| 'who cares about slams, I'm the best looking tennis player ever and I slept with over 25,000 women/drank 1000 litters of vodka, still winning slams, that's all that really matters'
Nalbandian| 'I've eaten more burgers than Fed/Nole and Nadal combined can even imagine, f'uck them all, they are just a bunch of sissies, can't even look at that anorexic/bulimic #1 we have right now ...I'd rather have sex and eat than play tennis, tennis is over so rated'

Merry Christmas everyone.

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #323
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

How many times did top 4 reached semis in the past 5 years? At least 3/4 always there. Old Fed only tells the truth.

Even a replacement number #4 made it .
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #324
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post
How many times did top 4 reached semis in the past 5 years? At least 3/4 always there. Old Fed only tells the truth.

How many? Well, let's see. Five years, let's include AO 2008, that is 21 slams. Number of SFs:

Federer: 17/21
Nadal: 14/18
Djokovic: 15/21
Murray: 12/21
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #325
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

This is a weak era.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #326
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
This is a weak era.
As opposed to 90's and early 2000's when clowns like Chang were in top 5 and serve bots like Krajicek and Ivanisievic were winning slams
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #327
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Even with Nadal dropping out - not much changes.

The only era that had similar competition was Connors/Borg/McEnroe/Lendl.

If you look at the time spent in the top 5, Federer still has a ways to go to match Connors. Nadal has a career trajectory similar to Borg, and then you have McEnroe/Lendl for Novak and Murray, respectively.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #328
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
As opposed to 90's and early 2000's when clowns like Chang were in top 5 and serve bots like Krajicek and Ivanisievic were winning slams
As opposed to this era where non top 4 bendover willingly and easily and choking and mugging is a daily course.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 AM   #329
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post

Last 5 years I suppose you mean last 20 Slams.

AO 2013: 3/4 (Ferrer entered as #5)

USO 2012: 2/4 (+Berdych and Ferrer)

Wimbledon 2012: 3/4 (+Tsonga)

Roland Garros 2012: 3/4 (+Ferrer)

Australian Open 2012: 4/4

US Open 2011: 4/4

Wimbledon 2011: 3/4 (+Tsonga)

Roland Garros 2011: 4/4

Australian Open 2011: 2/4 (+Murray and Ferrer)

USO 2010: 3/4 (+Youznhy)

Wimbledon 2010: 3/4 (+ Berdych)

Roland Garros 2010: 1/4 (+Soderling, Melzer and Berdych)

Australian Open 2010: 1/4 (+Murray,Tsonga and Cilic)

US Open 2009: 3/4 (+Del Potro)

Wimbledon 2009: 2/4 (+Roddick and Haas)

Roland Garros 2009: 1/4 (+Soderling, Del Potro and Gonzalez)

Australian Open 2009: 2/4 (+Roddick and Verdasco)

US Open 2008: 3/4 (+Murray)

Wimbledon 2008: 2/4 (+Schuttler and Safin)

Roland Garros 2008: 3/4 (+Monfils)

So overall 52/80 semifinal places for players ranked outside the top 4 in the last 5 years/20 Slams, 28/80 for players ranked #5 and below.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014

Other titles:

Suicide Tennis - Madrid Masters 2015 and ATP250 Kuala Lumpur 2014; 2 finals lost (Wimbledon 2015, Dubai 2015)
Fill-In-The-Draw - ATP 500 Rotterdam 2013 and ATP 250 Geneva 2015
Tennis-Tipping - Vicenza CH 2014 and Todi CH 2014 (with vn01); 5 finals lost
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #330
country flag Honestly
Banned!

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

I think he means Nadal spoils it for the three of them because clay is not a real surface.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote