"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 91 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 299 80.59%
Leave them as they are 72 19.41%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #1351
country flag cmoss

cmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

This game is suck now,it's night impossible to hit even a winner.They should consider adding it to the athletics category at the Olympic.

Stopped watching tennis for 2 months and perhaps the next few years unless the game speeding up,I'm gonna watch football.And I'm not the only one.

Roger Federer | Grigor Dimitrov | Dominic Thiem | Nick Kyrgios | Alexander Zverev

Last edited by cmoss : 01-23-2013 at 09:45 AM.
cmoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #1352
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

tell me more about how 2 metre players excel on fast low-bouncing surfaces
Still no answer
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #1353
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I can't understand people who oppose to speeding up the courts.
The sport had always a lot of different surfaces, and this last period is the only one with sloooooow courts all over the place.
Difference between tennis and the other sports is the different kinds of surfaces. We're losing this.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #1354
country flag serveandvolley80

serveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond reputeserveandvolley80 has a reputation beyond repute

Posters like Cveks with their uninformed opinions and complete bias and love towards one player display a huge problem with individual sports to begin with, Once Djokovic is gone so is another person watching the sport. The short sighted nature of the ATP to promote 4 players as the be all end all of the sport is what is going to kill it because there is no long term strategy and focus on the youngsters and the route the game is going.

With a variety of surfaces slow and fast players would not have to destroy their bodies to entertain ignorant casuals who will stop watching as soon as a player they have not heard of outside of the top 3 or 4. It does not favor the sport to have one of the big stars being crippled and injured the entire year because hes the energizer bunny with not enough brains to think of his playing career beyond his mid 20's. Some of these guys have to be saved from themselves. Who else is tired of athletes Lance Armstronging their way to victory?

As far as court homogenization, can you image any other sport killing its own variety because they think its better? American football as an example, for fans here, would you watch if all of a sudden the passing game dies and every team relies on their running game only, you would only see 3 or 4 passes a game tops. Just slow defensive football. I guess the same could be applies to soccer though i have not followed that sport for a while so i do not know if teams copying each others style has become a problem or not.

Last edited by serveandvolley80 : 01-23-2013 at 05:42 PM.
serveandvolley80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #1355
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
I can't understand people who oppose to speeding up the courts.
The sport had always a lot of different surfaces, and this last period is the only one with sloooooow courts all over the place.
Difference between tennis and the other sports is the different kinds of surfaces. We're losing this.
I dont understand how people can consider this a big problem. I think 90% of the surfaces on tour are fine.

Tournaments that could speed up a little:

Vienna
Australian Open
Paris Indoors
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #1356
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by serveandvolley80 View Post
As far as court homogenization, can you image any other sport killing its own variety because they think its better?
There was a reason the ATP abandoned the superfast carpet surfaces of the 90s. Spectators hated them.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #1357
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveks View Post
this.

Lets speed up the courts so top 4 players would be Isner, Anderson, Raonic and Cilic.
Ah yes, I recall how well they played in Cinci Dubai and Halle last year.

Remind me again who got to the finals of Paris 2010 (only true fast ATP HC in the last ~5 yrs).
Oh that's right, Monfils, the biggest pusher on tour.
Slice Winner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #1358
country flag BlackSilver

BlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

Quote:
this.
and Cilic.
Lol
BlackSilver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #1359
country flag Serverer
Banned!

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this.

Lets speed up the courts so top 4 players would be Isner, Anderson, Raonic and Cilic.
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #1360
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Has this thread been excited by the anticipation of a Djokovic Murray final.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 22 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #1361
country flag bjurra

Interesting article on the subject:

http://burnstennis.blogspot.co.uk/20...tennis_10.html
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #1362
country flag Serverer
Banned!

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
Has this thread been excited by the anticipation of a Djokovic Murray final.
Everyone is looking forward to the 7 hour "epic"
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #1363
country flag RajFederer

RajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond repute

The OP was right on it.. We just saw tsonga. Federer match which is of high quality.. Had they speed up the courts.. That match would have been even mor better
RajFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #1364
country flag bjurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajFederer View Post
The OP was right on it.. We just saw tsonga. Federer match which is of high quality.. Had they speed up the courts.. That match would have been even mor better
No, it would not have been better.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #1365
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
There was a reason the ATP abandoned the superfast carpet surfaces of the 90s. Spectators hated them.
Not all Carpet courts were superfast