Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! WINNER!!!! - Page 100 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #1486
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! SF v Ferrer

Well drugi, you are Nole's fans !!! Our hero is always gaining extra power and focuse from adversity and haters so Just Do the Same !!! Remember when ennemies are becoming extremly aggressive that's because they are about to loose their faith and valours.

Just remember Nole is always having lapses even at his best and always has difficult games even in 2011 with five setters (or three setters in MS and 7/6 in the third) and even match points faced.

He is not a Swiss clock or a doped Jamon

From AO to RG 2011, he was regularly 1 set and 1 break down !

And what about this year : he has just been really in danger during 1 set and a half vs a very motivated and relaxed Stan.

Nole's average serve stats are far better than 2011 and 2012 : far more aces, 10 % more first serve points won and 20% second serve points won.

For sure, there is a lack of extra power in his rallies and some too long FH.

But Ferrer is really not at his top either and wouldn't be able anyway to find power and angles like Stan did.

Then facing Murray or Fed, I guess his improvment on serve, his probable reducing of erratic charges to the net, and his body returns will give him serious assets.

And anyway, even if loosing in final, and without an injury, he is to stay World N°1 until USO 2013

SO RELAX AND ENJOY !!!

N°1E

Please buy Nadal some hair gel so that he can stop buttpicking to comb his hair.

Last edited by Crvena Zvezda : 01-22-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #1487
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! SF v Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
He was superb at times but had his usual lapses. That's my concern because he would survive vs players like Wawrinka and Berdych, but not Murray and Federer. And Rafa when he comes back. He won 16 of his 17 serving points in last set first 4 service games but went into 3 dueces serving for the match.
The only real lapse was when he got broken easily at the start of 2nd set. However, Berdych was superb in the 2nd set, so can't blame him.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #1488
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
The only real lapse was when he got broken easily at the start of 2nd set. However, Berdych was superb in the 2nd set, so can't blame him.
Here's what I said in the match thread

Quote:
And back on topic!

When Djokovic is on top of his games, Berdych does not have a chance of beating him.

First set, Berdych was not playing well and it's like a practise session for Novak. Nole was relax and after breaking Berdych early, he went for his shots and painting lines left and right.

Second set, old bad habit was back with Nole who has the inclination to lose his focus after routining his opponents in prev. set and he paid the price for this set. Berdych with the early lead were confident and going for his shots, playing more aggressive and paid off.

Third set, it was Berdych went to vacation and Nole picked up his game which he did approaching the end of second set.

Last set, Nole was on cruise control, Before serving for the match, he had 13 winners and 3 UEs. Then, he got tight (again) while serving for the match and had more UEs in one game than the prev. 9 games but being mentally much tougher than Almagro , he finally converted his 4th match point.
So yes, Berdych played superbly in second set but leading with a break definitely helped.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #1489
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvena Zvezda View Post
Well drugi, you are Nole's fans !!! Our hero is always gaining extra power and focuse from adversity and haters so Just Do the Same !!! Remember when ennemies are becoming extremly aggressive that's because they are about to loose their faith and valours.

Just remember Nole is always having lapses even at his best and always has difficult games even in 2011 with five setters (or three setters in MS and 7/6 in the third) and even match points faced.

He is not a Swiss clock or a doped Jamon

From AO to RG 2011, he was regularly 1 set and 1 break down !

And what about this year : he has just been really in danger during 1 set and a half vs a very motivated and relaxed Stan.

Nole's average serve stats are far better than 2011 and 2012 : far more aces, 10 % more first serve points won and 20% second serve points won.

For sure, there is a lack of extra power in his rallies and some too long FH.

But Ferrer is really not at his top either and wouldn't be able anyway to find power and angles like Stan did.

Then facing Murray or Fed, I guess his improvment on serve, his probable reducing of erratic charges to the net, and his body returns will give him serious assets.

And anyway, even if loosing in final, and without an injury, he is to stay World N°1 until USO 2013

SO RELAX AND ENJOY !!!
Well, in this forum, shuhrat and I are the worry ones while Nole Fan is the . We balance each other out to keep the sanity here
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #1490
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
However dear Lee you know better than anyone that Nole can play subpar a whole tournament and then focuse intensely against Nadal, Murray or Federer next. I've seen him do it many times.
Your confidence in Nole is bottomless!!! I hope Nole can draw it from you every time he served for a match or breaking to stay in a set!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #1491
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see the happy Nole fam.

I checked the score at 5:30 am and saw Nole won easily. I hope now I don't have to start out on a cross country trip every time he loses a set.

I agree that Nole has lapses in concentration (everyone does -- question is how soon can the player get concentration back) but I think he has done better since 2011 in limiting the damage. He used to lose concentration and lose the match. I think opponents counted on that. Now he gets back in the grove much better and doesn't let it prey on his mind.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #1492
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Glad you're home safe, star!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #1493
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your confidence in Nole is bottomless!!! I hope Nole can draw it from you every time he served for a match or breaking to stay in a set!!!
If you lived in Spain like I do, when every single day you get bad news -the economy is down, people are fired, the politicians are corrupt, there's no future...- well you would have to draw your positive energy from something or someone, right? Nole does that for me. I would trust him with my own life.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #1494
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
If you lived in Spain like I do, when every single day you get bad news -the economy is down, people are fired, the politicians are corrupt, there's no future...- well you would have to draw your positive energy from something or someone, right? Nole does that for me. I would trust him with my own life.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #1495
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

I liked this at AO's website: Nole is nº1 in positive tweets received during the tournament. 410.552 tweets against Roger's 180.788 tweets. Our boy is doing good.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...ial/index.html

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #1496
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confident, Ferrer has nothing on him I won't allow it.

And we are going to play Chardy in the final, I have decided.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #1497
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post

really?

And yes, No1e with thrash vulture Ferrer.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #1498
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post

I hope you didn't put money on that.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #1499
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

come on tsonga break!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #1500
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox View Post
I hope you didn't put money on that.
So that's your idea of me? I am dumb?