"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 89 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 304 80.42%
Leave them as they are 74 19.58%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #1321
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

Lemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
3 of the top 4 cant play on fast courts without risking early losses to lower ranked players

the ATP cant risk having the big names go out early so they homogenized the shit out of everything

so nole and murray have these crazy SF streaks that are disgraceful.

lendl had to earn his
federer started off as a serve and volleyer

there is a place for slower tennis- but there should also be a place for agressive tennis and also serve and volley
Your ignorance is off the charts. Pink was thrashed left right and center by Hewitt and Nalbandian before courts were slowed down. Pink turned it around as a result of homogenization. Players could not attack him no longer.
Lemon Water is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #1322
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMv1924 View Post
I simply can't believe you wouldn't cheer for your fellow ex-Yugoslav brethren such as Novak
lol. The only people who hate the Serbs more than the Croats are the Bosnians.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #1323
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
lol. A Croatian cheering for a Serbian is like a Jew cheering for the Nazis.
so Serbs are Nazis right?

funny given how Croats welcomed the Fuhrer with red carpet in Croatia and supported the Nazis while Serbs fought them.........awful analogy dude ban worthy
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #1324
country flag Fed=ATPTourkilla

Fed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Water View Post
Your ignorance is off the charts. Pink was thrashed left right and center by Hewitt and Nalbandian before courts were slowed down. Pink turned it around as a result of homogenization. Players could not attack him no longer.
Sorry but "Pink" turned it round vs those guys by improving his game. It had nothing to do with court speed. Are you saying Hewitt would have beaten him on a fast court in 2004??
Fed=ATPTourkilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #1325
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
so Serbs are Nazis right?

funny given how Croats welcomed the Fuhrer with red carpet in Croatia and supported the Nazis while Serbs fought them.........awful analogy dude ban worthy
I changed it immediately cause I expressed myself badly. What I mean is that pretty much everyone in the Balkans regards Serbia as the bad guys. You guys didn't do yourselves any favours during the war (Srebrenica etc.).

Croats, Bosnians, Slovenians etc. have kinda put their differences behind them and all cheer for each other but Serbia are kind of on their own. Ask a Bosnian or a Croatian why they don't cheer for Serbia in sport and you will get a mouthful of abuse.

But that's all kinda irrelevant. I was just trying to answer the question, don't really wanna get into a historical debate.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #1326
country flag cveks

cveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I changed it immediately cause I expressed myself badly. What I mean is that pretty much everyone in the Balkans regards Serbia as the bad guys. You guys didn't do yourselves any favours during the war with Srebrenica etc.

Croats, Bosnians, Slovenians etc. all cheer for each other but Serbia are kind of on their own. Ask a Bosnian or a Croatian why they don't cheer for Serbia in sport and you will get a mouthful of abuse.

But that's all kinda irrelevant. I was just trying to answer the question, don't really wanna get into a historical debate.
Nope. We have good relations to all our neighbors except with Croats, Albanians , and Bosnian Muslims - which is no surprise because these three nations were all of them part of Hitler Nazi forces in WW2 and committed horrible atrocities and genocide on Serb civilians whenever they was able to do that. They killed woman, childen, old man, they have dozens of concentration camps , they even had children concentration camp. Biggest of this camp was Jasenovac concentration camp in which they killed more than 700.000 Serbs, Jews and Gypsies.

Same did Albanians who put Serbs from Kosovo into concentration camps in Albania.

They did all of that because they believed that, we , Serbs, are lower life nation who needs to be exterminated in same fashion in which Nazi's exterminated Jews in Third Reich.

More than 1.5 Serbian civilians were killed in World War 2 by Nazi puppet regimes in Croatia, Bosnia and Greater Albania.

I know this is off topic, but its great insult for us , to compare us with Nazi's because our nation was big victim of Nazi regime. Did you know that only in occupied Serbia , Nazi's had a law to shot down 100 people, civilians for each dead soldier, and 50 for each wounded. So when partisans killed some Nazi soldiers in ambush they committed mass executions of citizens in Kraljevo and Kragujevac. They even entered into school and took more than 100 children and executed them.

You can read all that on wikipedia if you want to learn history.

So please stop doing that and go back on to the topic. Thanks.

If Berdych can't keep a double break lead I'm done with tennis.
Djokovic took set 6-4 against Berdych.

Quote:
“Does Djokovic resemble myself?” Agassi said. “No, he is even better. He defends really well, while I struggled more in that element of the game. Novak looks totally relaxed when defending, completely calm and the quality of his return is incredible. He is also extremely flexible in his game, which is facilitated by his ability to anticipate his rival’s moves. That is why I think he is a much more versatile player than I was and he is also much more athletic.”
cveks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #1327
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I changed it immediately cause I expressed myself badly. What I mean is that pretty much everyone in the Balkans regards Serbia as the bad guys. You guys didn't do yourselves any favours during the war (Srebrenica etc.).

Croats, Bosnians, Slovenians etc. have kinda put their differences behind them and all cheer for each other but Serbia are kind of on their own. Ask a Bosnian or a Croatian why they don't cheer for Serbia in sport and you will get a mouthful of abuse.

dude I grew up in Boston and never hated Croats or Bosnians never cared.........Srebrenica is another thing and nothing really.........just one small village that made the news.......there were hundreds of such events on every side during the war
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #1328
country flag Caesar1844

Quote:
dude I grew up in Boston and never hated Croats or Bosnians never cared.........Srebrenica is another thing and nothing really.........just one small village that made the news.......there were hundreds of such events on every side during the war
Srebrenica is an example man. You realise that the UN and the CIA estimate that between 90% and 95% of all war crimes during the war were committed by Serb militants?

I don't have anything against Serbs personally but they should kinda understand why everybody else in the Balkans hates them. The war wasn't that long ago.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #1329
country flag Saberq

Quote:
Srebrenica is an example man. You realise that the UN and the CIA estimate that between 90% and 95% of all war crimes during the war were committed by Serb militants?

I don't have anything against Serbs personally but they should kinda understand why everybody else in the Balkans hates them. The war wasn't that long ago.
of course I know that but it doesnt change the fact it is a lie .......I know a lot more than you think what happened there ...........
Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #1330
country flag Caesar1844

If you say so bro.

Anyway, back on topic. Kind of hoping that Fed gets through to the final, Djok v Murray matches on slow surfaces aren't real exciting.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #1331
country flag Saberq

Quote:
If you say so bro.

Anyway, back on topic. Kind of hoping that Fed gets through to the final, Djok v Murray matches on slow surfaces aren't real exciting.
of course plus Murray is harder for Nole plus his pushing
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #1332
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ban this mug based on his ignorance
He just stated the obvious. I agree with him about surface homogenization.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #1333
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
He just stated the obvious. I agree with him about surface homogenization.
No. It's pure bullshit. Novak can't play on fast courts?? LOL. Montreal 2007 wasn't slow at all. Just to cite an example.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #1334
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

For now many of the casual fans love the current set-up with surface homogenisation meaning that the top players are more likely to reaching the latter stages of almost every big tournament, and slower grass, hard and indoor courts extending the rallies and points.

However I wonder if it will get to a stage where these casual fans start to get bored of tennis matches lasting for so long, with so many endless rallies and delays in-between points. Maybe they will begin to crave a more high-octane and time-efficient sporting show. Tennis is not really a TV friendly sport at the best of times.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #1335
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
No. It's pure bullshit. Novak can't play on fast courts?? LOL. Montreal 2007 wasn't slow at all. Just to cite an example.
Still he needed to become a grinder to become #1. I just don't believe that courts have been slowed down only to create marathon rallies. The reason to slowing down was to stop Fed's dominance, and the reason to excessive homogenization was to have same top players on every surface.

Actually, I'd like if there was a promising Chinese S&V players. You know, ATP does everything to get attention in China, has a TMS in an half-empty stadium, etc. For sure they'd speed up the courts to get the first Chinese men's GS champ.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote