The collective MTF bucket list - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default The collective MTF bucket list

The idea of this thread to write down the things you want to do one day before you die - that is to say, what is on your ´bucket list´ and why those things pique your interest. I´d also like it if people described some of the interesting experiences they have had in their lives, either unexpectedly or while doing things they had wanted to do for a long time. F.i. perhaps someone has already done something that was on the bucket list of someone else and share that experience

I´ll start. In april I went to Morocco with a whole group of fellow students and while we were there, one of the things we did was ride camels towards a Berber camp in the desert. It was not something I ever had the express intent on doing but riding on those camels with 60 fellow students on our way to a site in the desert under an immaculate starry sky... it is something that I will never forget. The sense of camaraderie and wonder was strong among us.

Something that is on my bucket list is the camino, the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. While I am not really religious and certainly not catholic, the idea of going on a pilgrimage on foot to clear my head and overthink my life is appealing to me. The fact that Northern Spain is full with beautiful old cities helps as well.

Please, come and share your stories.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The collective MTF bucket list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Something that is on my bucket list is the camino, the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. While I am not really religious and certainly not catholic, the idea of going on a pilgrimage on foot to clear my head and overthink my life is appealing to me. The fact that Northern Spain is full with beautiful old cities helps as well.

Please, come and share your stories.
That's deep man. Goes to show, never judge a person by their username, avatar, sig, post count..

Don't really have desires, I'm one of those people who has already done all he has wanted to do and am genuinely satisfied. So I'm not sure what I'm doing here, but if you asked me under torture, then I'd do a personal Man vs. Food challenge, and eat all the best food from the best restaurants from around the World. Since the media says the US is the best with giant quantities of food consumption, I'd try there first. Personal belief; there's no greater pleasure in this World than the pleasure that comes with food.

I'll start by taking the list out of my bucket and stuffing it with fried chicken.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

I've always wanted to be a cult leader. We would worship and communicate with the Sun. To start, we will build our own temple and establish some rules. Some rules I have thought of:

1. All members must treat each other fairly.
2. The use of firearms is seen as cowardly and is forbidden.
3. All members must meet at 12:30 am each day.
4. If you disobey your elders, your life is forfeit.
5. If you leave the group, your life is forfeit.
6. All prospects must undergo specific trials to test their worthiness. If they fail, they must never speak of us. If they do, their life is forfeit.

Motto: All glory to the Sun and his Brothers
Old 12-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I've always wanted to be a cult leader. We would worship and communicate with the Sun. To start, we will build our own temple and establish some rules. Some rules I have thought of:

1. All members must treat each other fairly.
2. The use of firearms is seen as cowardly and is forbidden.
3. All members must meet at 12:30 am each day.
4. If you disobey your elders, your life is forfeit.
5. If you leave the group, your life is forfeit.
6. All prospects must undergo specific trials to test their worthiness. If they fail, they must never speak of us. If they do, their life is forfeit.

Motto: All glory to the Sun and his Brothers
Might wanna seek help mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Want to visit every country in the world

Want to compete in the Amazing Race

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #6
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Want to visit every country in the world

Want to compete in the Amazing Race
My tennis coach competed in the amazing race!
theMEESH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Always wanted to try 3 in a bed, but 2 in a bed is as much as I can manage now.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Shameless bump.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Drive across the world with some mean car, see Japan and Tokyo. Visit jerusalim...go out of space, just to hear that cosmic silence and our planet, atleast for a min...

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
country flag tyruk14

tyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond repute

Ingest a lot of nitrogen.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Receive a woman's touch. Mum doesn't count. Or grandma.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #12
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

- Publish a novel.
- See my name somewhere in movie or tv credits
- Drive a GTR
- Not want to commit suicide
- Visit Europe
- Not feel like a creeper when I'm taking tennis photos
- Be in love
Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

- learn a second language
- learn guitar
- climb everest
- walk the kokoda trail
- swim the english channel
- bike a stage of the Tour de France (not in competition, just take a day to do one the stages at a leisurely pace - not a mountain stage )
- see the world.

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Purchase a bucket and a notepad and make the concept a reality.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
country flag theMEESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Purchase a bucket and a notepad and make the concept a reality.
I have too much time on my hands.