AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4 - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #271
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Of course shotmaking is superior to grinding and retrieving but the issue is that it's become increasingly harder to sustain a high shotmaking level in the current climate.
both require skill
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #272
country flag HDW

HDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4

egging
HDW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #273
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
I don't want to get involve in this debate, but since both Nole and Gilles are my faves, I just want to point out the difference between the 2 that resulted in a very different outcome of their respective matches after their marathons.

Nole probably spent his off-season training hard and healthy, he has a big team to help him for everything to get his preparation as perfect as he can, he didn't play much in the first 2 rounds, and although the Wawa match is a grueling affair, he recovers well, probably his straight diet helps.

Gilles on the other hand spent his off-season recovering from his injuries, the neck injury that is caused by some abnormality on his spine seems to recurs every other week, and he suffered that shoulder tear during the last summer around USO time. His body is very beaten so his goal in the off-season was to heal all wounds. During Brisbane he admitted that he wasn't very well prepared for the new season bcos of all the healings that he had to do. During Sydney he pulled out bcos of that damn recurring neck problem, in Melbourne he picks up a cold/flu. He had played plenty of long 5 sets matches before and he said he had never cramped like that before on court. During all his first 3 matches he blows his nose in almost every changeover. I suspected that he lost those fluid in his body without realizing it. But anyway, my point is, his extremely bad condition after R3 is really due to a lot of reasons that other ppl don't seem to know or care. And to compare his condition with Nole's is just not logical. Nole is very fit before the 5 setters, maybe he's down 10% after but that means he still has 90% remaining. Gilles on the other hand is hardly 60% before that, and after that he's like 30%. And that Nole's 100% is of course higher than Gilles's 100% to begin with, you got the picture why they were so different after their respective 5 setters.
Thanks for the explanation lalaland, I'm sorry to hear that about Simon. Injuries are cruel.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #274
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course shotmaking is superior to grinding and retrieving but the issue is that it's become increasingly harder to sustain a high shotmaking level in the current climate.
I thought you needed extreme shotmaking ability to play like that? guess you guys do it best.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #275
country flag JarkaFish

JarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
both require skill
Sure, and there's no doubt grinding can have it's place in tennis, but not all of the courts should favor grinding like they do now. It's sickening.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #276
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Sure, and there's no doubt grinding can have it's place in tennis, but not all of the courts should favor grinding like they do now. It's sickening.
they dont.........they favor Novak,Murray,Nadal........Berdych and Tsonga cant grind and defend no matter how slow or fast the court it
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #277
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Two 6-1 sets? Way to let down the fans Tomas. At least play to your ranking.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #278
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
Remember when Djokovic used to be like Simon? Do you really think its possible to go from that, to one of the best athletes in history just by fixing your diet?
The level of your ignorance and hatred is astounding.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #279
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Djoko fans getting cranky in this thread

oh the fedtards, the fedtards!

is it our fault no one likes him?
It's more like why no one likes Fedtards while everybody likes Federer? I'm scared to think how you guys looked like in his prime, if you are this obnoxious when he's 31
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #280
country flag Serverer

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
From here on out, I'm going to dedicate every single one of Federer's losses to you. You seem mad and I would like for you to be even madder
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #281
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The future is the supreme physical specimen. Fitness of a McEnroe level will not succeed in modern tennis.

Racket skill was probably better in the past, but physically the fitness of players of the past would not suffice in this age.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 13 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 26 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 18 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #282
country flag Saberq

Novak Djokovic joined Federer, Lendl, and Agassi as the only players in the open era to reach at least 4 semifinals at all 4 Grand Slams

nice stat..........also he has more GS SF's than Borg
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #283
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveks View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
It's more like why no one likes Fedtards while everybody likes Federer? I'm scared to think how you guys looked like in his prime, if you are this obnoxious when he's 31
Fedtard nation has always been unstoppable

Nole Fan be nice to me
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #284
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Novak Djokovic joined Federer, Lendl, and Agassi as the only players in the open era to reach at least 4 semifinals at all 4 Grand Slams

nice stat..........also he has more GS SF's than Borg
Its GS titles that really count.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 13 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 26 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 18 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #285
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Exactly.

In 2007 after one of the longest matches at the USO, they called Nole “marathon man.” Indeed, he played several long matches at slams that year, especially Wimbledon. 2009 Madrid SF. Djokovic went toe-to-toe with Nadal physically. In 2009, after suffering breathing issues during heat etc, Nole hired Thomas Musters old trainer to see if an improved fitness could help, and then late in 2010 he changed his diet. It’s been a process, it didn't happen overnight. As physical as it is, these guys, in their physical peaks, are more than capable.

But of course some people need to imply doping accusations to diminish his achievements, like this would make their idol look better or something. Making unfounded doping accusations should be a reason for a ban.
And that was all before he found about gluten intolerance. He has been performing at top level with this debilitating ailment for years and then eliminated it with a diet change. It's like he has been playing tennis with shackles on his ankles all that time
and then had them removed all of a sudden. I'm more surprised by the fact that he is still showing signs of tiredness from time to time.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote