AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4 - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #256
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio View Post
Luckily in tennis ultimate fitness is not everything. Talent and shotmaking skills can still beat no matter how fit opponent.Tennis is still more than just running from corner to corner .Just like in old days, when not so fit, almost chubby Mac beat crap out of everyone else. That is big difference with cycling, cross country skiing, running etc.

And BTW, everyone is innocent until PROVEN guilty .
Exactly.

In 2007 after one of the longest matches at the USO, they called Nole “marathon man.” Indeed, he played several long matches at slams that year, especially Wimbledon. 2009 Madrid SF. Djokovic went toe-to-toe with Nadal physically. In 2009, after suffering breathing issues during heat etc, Nole hired Thomas Musters old trainer to see if an improved fitness could help, and then late in 2010 he changed his diet. It’s been a process, it didn't happen overnight. As physical as it is, these guys, in their physical peaks, are more than capable.

But of course some people need to imply doping accusations to diminish his achievements, like this would make their idol look better or something. Making unfounded doping accusations should be a reason for a ban.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #257
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4

Pedestrian performance from Berdych. Lucky to get a set really with that level of aggression.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #258
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Djokovic has a whole team of people watching him very closely all the time, for years now, while Monfils doesn't even have a coach at the moment. You can't play like that, screw around and just hope for the best. This is almost 4 years ago, basic training:

you're probably right. i can see Monfils taking dumber decisions, no doubt

But on the other hand Rafa has a big team as well.

Anyways, i hope the lad will have no problems, i live for the Djokerers and Fedkovics
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #259
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

His fellow pros have had a few years to react to the CVAC and looks like no one really cares especially since he only used it that one time as far as anyone knows and that was over 2 years ago.
So what is your point people? Why can't you acknowledge someone's titanic effort and greatness? what he brings to the sport?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #260
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
you weren't taking me seriously anyway.

No one likes to be contradicted, especially when "love" is in the cards. Makes ppl blind

Trolling would be to throw irrational sentences around, while all my sentences are well argumented and logical.

The fact they're the opposite of your and all Noletards' opinions doesn't make them wrong, does it?

I had a lot of fun ppl still defending Lance, even when he was stripped off the tittles and everything.

Before he admitted it himself on TV there were more ppl saying the USADA trapped him and he's too good to be that wrong, he has a foundation and everything...

That's idolizing, that's why i'm laughing.

Have you ever seen me defending Federer when anyone claims he's that good for that long with no injuries because of whatever? I just lol and ignore.

See the difference? ...idolizing
Oh, man...you are losing it
a.-it's not Lee who brought that up, it was me
b.-I wasn't addressing you but some delusional posters here (why you're affected it's beyond me though)
c.-I just commented on the other member remark not any of yours
d.-no need to explain that to Lee cause she figured you're in just for the lolz
Quote:
Originally posted by SheepleBuster
At least, the pro trolls use Nole's picture in their avatar to show their support. The really low level ones stick with a Gustavo Kuerton... loooooooool
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #261
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
His fellow pros have had a few years to react to the CVAC and looks like no one really cares especially since he only used it that one time as far as anyone knows and that was over 2 years ago.
So what is your point people? Why can't you acknowledge someone's titanic effort and greatness? what he brings to the sport?
we're just getting cynical because of everything surrounding us these days.

It's getting harder and harder to take things for granted.

Seeing your post, the first 2 thoughts that come to my mind are - I'm sure he doesn't even have this egg PR trick and probably never used it. Second one is - if the gluten free diet and CVAC were so effective, you said it yourself - why the others didn't react? They're stupid, lazy or less ambitious? There must be a reason.

It's just hard to assume everything as legit and genuine. Probably our problem, i admit.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #262
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing. Berdych had a chance here and blew it. We'll need someone better to know this twat out.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #263
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko05 View Post
Oh, man...you are losing it
a.-it's not Lee who brought that up, it was me
b.-I wasn't addressing you but some delusional posters here (why you're affected it's beyond me though)
c.-I just commented on the other member remark not any of yours
d.-no need to explain that to Lee cause she figured you're in just for the lolz
brato, i'm not losing it, i'm just answering questions in this post

i know it started way differently, but Lee (she?) decided to somehow use it against me, which i have no problem defending against, simply because i'm not trolling per se, just stating a side of my opinions and not taking things as life or death
Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #264
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute

Its not like Djoko and Nadal ( the fittest players on tour who indeed can run forever ) are unbeatable.

Djoko lost 12 times in 2012( same number of losses than Federer ) and perhaps only Madrid and Paris losses were tanks. He lost twice on Olympics when superior shotmaking of Murray( who was very agressive on that day ) and Delpo made his fitness pretty much useless. Nadal certainly didnt plan to be "rosoled" in 2nd round of Wimby, but his running was helpless on that day vs red hot opponent.

So IMO shotmaking is still superior to grinding abilities.The tennis ball still flies lot faster than human being can ever run. You just have to be really good, and very few players are.
cardio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #265
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to get involve in this debate, but since both Nole and Gilles are my faves, I just want to point out the difference between the 2 that resulted in a very different outcome of their respective matches after their marathons.

Nole probably spent his off-season training hard and healthy, he has a big team to help him for everything to get his preparation as perfect as he can, he didn't play much in the first 2 rounds, and although the Wawa match is a grueling affair, he recovers well, probably his straight diet helps.

Gilles on the other hand spent his off-season recovering from his injuries, the neck injury that is caused by some abnormality on his spine seems to recurs every other week, and he suffered that shoulder tear during the last summer around USO time. His body is very beaten so his goal in the off-season was to heal all wounds. During Brisbane he admitted that he wasn't very well prepared for the new season bcos of all the healings that he had to do. During Sydney he pulled out bcos of that damn recurring neck problem, in Melbourne he picks up a cold/flu. He had played plenty of long 5 sets matches before and he said he had never cramped like that before on court. During all his first 3 matches he blows his nose in almost every changeover. I suspected that he lost those fluid in his body without realizing it. But anyway, my point is, his extremely bad condition after R3 is really due to a lot of reasons that other ppl don't seem to know or care. And to compare his condition with Nole's is just not logical. Nole is very fit before the 5 setters, maybe he's down 10% after but that means he still has 90% remaining. Gilles on the other hand is hardly 60% before that, and after that he's like 30%. And that Nole's 100% is of course higher than Gilles's 100% to begin with, you got the picture why they were so different after their respective 5 setters.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #266
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

So Bendick did it again
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #267
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Djoko fans getting cranky in this thread

oh the fedtards, the fedtards!

is it our fault no one likes him?
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #268
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Of course shotmaking is superior to grinding and retrieving but the issue is that it's become increasingly harder to sustain a high shotmaking level in the current climate.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #269
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
I don't want to get involve in this debate, but since both Nole and Gilles are my faves, I just want to point out the difference between the 2 that resulted in a very different outcome of their respective matches after their marathons.

Nole probably spent his off-season training hard and healthy, he has a big team to help him for everything to get his preparation as perfect as he can, he didn't play much in the first 2 rounds, and although the Wawa match is a grueling affair, he recovers well, probably his straight diet helps.

Gilles on the other hand spent his off-season recovering from his injuries, the neck injury that is caused by some abnormality on his spine seems to recurs every other week, and he suffered that shoulder tear during the last summer around USO time. His body is very beaten so his goal in the off-season was to heal all wounds. During Brisbane he admitted that he wasn't very well prepared for the new season bcos of all the healings that he had to do. During Sydney he pulled out bcos of that damn recurring neck problem, in Melbourne he picks up a cold/flu. He had played plenty of long 5 sets matches before and he said he had never cramped like that before on court. During all his first 3 matches he blows his nose in almost every changeover. I suspected that he lost those fluid in his body without realizing it. But anyway, my point is, his extremely bad condition after R3 is really due to a lot of reasons that other ppl don't seem to know or care. And to compare his condition with Nole's is just not logical. Nole is very fit before the 5 setters, maybe he's down 10% after but that means he still has 90% remaining. Gilles on the other hand is hardly 60% before that, and after that he's like 30%. And that Nole's 100% is of course higher than Gilles's 100% to begin with, you got the picture why they were so different after their respective 5 setters.
Well, you should get involved more often then..

That's hard facts and a logical explanation for a very obvious difference in the state of these two.

It takes the Simon comparison argument down, which is pretty much the base of all possible misunderstandings and misjudgements.

There is always a logical reason for everything and when none is brought up it's normal to have speculations from all the spectrum.

thanks for bringing this one up
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #270
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
Yes, and im sure everyone else like Simon is just lazy and doesnt bother to train as hard
From here on out, I'm going to dedicate every single one of Federer's losses to you. You seem mad and I would like for you to be even madder
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote