Murray camp unhappy with schedule - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #76
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp unhappy with schedule

So he wants his match against Chardy to be in the evening instead of Federer vs Tsonga? Unreal this Murray
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #77
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
So he wants his match against Chardy to be in the evening instead of Federer vs Tsonga? Unreal this Murray
Can you read?

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #78
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Murray and his team to speak out against this.

Fed once again not only benefitting from easy draw but also from favorable scheduling.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #79
country flag Zepploydath

Zepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond repute

Is it really that much to ask Murray gets one night match on Rod Laver? Yes the matches he's played have been easy but it gives a player an advantage if they've played almost all of their matches at night and another player none when there is a chance they'll play in the semi's. Although atleast Murray is more suited to a night match than Federer.
Zepploydath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #80
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
Can you read?
The Murray camp are unhappy about the decision of tournament officials to put Federer on for his fourth consecutive night match while the 25-year-old Scot is left to play once more in the full heat of the afternoon.

Ok i got it the point is the same. Federer played Paire, Davydenko, Tomic, Raonic and Tsonga. Murray played Haase, Berankis, Sousa, Simon and Chardy. Federer wasn't scheduled to play in the evening session so many times just because he's Federer but because his matches were (at least on paper) way more interesting and competitive than Murray's
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #81
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp-unhappy with schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio View Post
Ferrer & Baggy are on different side of the draw, they were never playing on same day Murray did. Draw was lopsided : Djokovic is only star on top half and he played vs clearly weaker opposition in 1st week which is not good for night matches., Berdych is "half star", others are usual workhorses. They had problems : who is BIG enough player to have night match, who is entertainer? Thats why they put Ferru and Baggy on, they didnt have better names.

Bottom half had more bigger names : Fed, Murka,Del Potro,home crowd fav Tomic, Tsonga, always entertaining Monfils. They had different problem : who do we leave out of night matches,whose match is less interesting for crowd ? They thought Murray matches were probable beatdowns and they were right too.They put Monfils as last match 3 times and at least got competetive matches in 4 and 5 sets. MTF may not agree , but I would watch Monfils- Simon 5 set "gladiator show" rather than Murray beating crap out of Berankis in straights.I think crowd loved it also.
And Roger's matches have been so thrilling, all those five setters...oh wait a minute. Despite the hype they've all been straight setters for Fed. Unless Tsonga can repeat what he did at 2011 Wimbledon it's very likely that it could be another straight setter for Fed.

Like I said, if they are not going to put a women's match in the night session, why not just put both men's matches at night?

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #82
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepploydath View Post
Is it really that much to ask Murray gets one night match on Rod Laver? Yes the matches he's played have been easy but it gives a player an advantage if they've played almost all of their matches at night and another player none when there is a chance they'll play in the semi's. Although atleast Murray is more suited to a night match than Federer.
Then why are you not outraged at Chardy playing his first match at RLA against Murray, who will be much more used to the court? It is alright to give a player a disadvantage (yours words, not mine) as long as he's not a top player? Sounds legit.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #83
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp-unhappy with schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox View Post
Like I said, if they are not going to put a women's match in the night session, why not just put both men's matches at night?
Surely two men's matches is too risky with respect to possible finishing time for the 2nd one.
ogbg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #84
country flag Zepploydath

Zepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Then why are you not outraged at Chardy playing his first match at RLA against Murray, who will be much more used to the court? It is alright to give a player a disadvantage (yours words, not mine) as long as he's not a top player? Sounds legit.
Come on you know that's just stupid. Not everyone can get on RLA, especially at certain times of the day. The top players are the ones expected to contest the Slams and I think it's only fair that there is an equal spread of when their matches are scheduled.
Zepploydath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #85
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Non-story from The Daily Mail, which has a history of groundlessly insinuating hostility between Murray & Federer.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #86
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I personally agree with the schedule, although I don't see why they shouldn't follow each other as an evening sesh. They're too scared to piss the women off by having back to back ATP action when it's clearly the logical decision.

So do I understand correctly that you want two men's matches in the Night Session? Do you want to let the players of the 2nd match play until the morning of the next day then?
Yeah, great idea, rocketassist
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #87
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepploydath View Post
Come on you know that's just stupid. Not everyone can get on RLA, especially at certain times of the day. The top players are the ones expected to contest the Slams and I think it's only fair that there is an equal spread of when their matches are scheduled.
No. Top players get enough preferential treatment as it is, it's good that at least scheduling isn't completely devoted to suit their whims. Murray's 'advantage' over Chardy tonight will be much bigger than Federer's over Murray; the outside courts play clearly faster than the RLA, Chardy will have to adapt to a whole different court speed and conditions.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #88
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
So do I understand correctly that you want two men's matches in the Night Session? Do you want to let the players of the 2nd match play until the morning of the next day then?
Yeah, great idea, rocketassist
Start at 6.30pm AUS time instead of 7.30
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #89
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
the outside courts play clearly faster than the RLA
I heard it was the opposite this year. I agree with your point generally though.
ogbg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #90
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

He could not have had a Laver night-match, especially against injured Simons and Chardys (because Chardy is injured and it will be played in windy conditions then prepare to an error-fest from Jérémy).

In the beginning of the tournament, there was Tomic and Fed-Davydenko, it was impossible as well.

What he could have had and he can complain was a night-session on Hisense or Margaret Court Arena in previous rounds.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote