Murray camp unhappy with schedule - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #46
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp-unhappy with schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Murray has a point.For him to only play day matches seeded 3rd is a joke....you have to have a fair balance
If only he didn't face mugs...

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #47
country flag Jafooli

Jafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond reputeJafooli has a reputation beyond repute

Another article, this time with quotes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...Open-draw.html

Murray said: "Once you get to the semi-finals or finals here, both matches will be in the evening.

"Ideally it would be nice to get a [quarter-final] match in the evening but if not you just get on with it.

“Sometimes the schedule works well for you and sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly.

"I've had scenarios like at the US Open where it worked in my favour.

"Wimbledon didn't necessarily work in my favour this year, or last year, and the first US Open final I played, it didn't work in my favour. But you don't dictate the schedule, you just try and play and deal with everything as best you can."

Yeah, such a complainer this Murray

Jafooli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #48
country flag Chip & Charge

Chip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coda View Post

Murray said: "Once you get to the semi-finals or finals here, both matches will be in the evening.

"Ideally it would be nice to get a [quarter-final] match in the evening but if not you just get on with it.

“Sometimes the schedule works well for you and sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly.

"Wimbledon didn't necessarily work in my favour this year, or last year, and the first US Open final I played, it didn't work in my favour. But you don't dictate the schedule, you just try and play and deal with everything as best you can."

Glad you found something that puts the record straight! Obviously Murray wants to play on Rod Laver every night but its not an ideal world and he is getting on with it.
Chip & Charge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #49
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

it's the downside to an easy draw

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #50
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
it's the downside to an easy draw
Perhaps we should replace the terms "easy draw" and "hard draw" with "warm draw" and "cold draw". Murray was drawn to the heat this time, while Federer's draw was more on the cool side.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #51
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coda View Post

He won't complain, that's nice. I'll complain for him. They really shoud've been more balanced with the schedule. I find it odd that they had no problems giving Ferrer/Baghdatis a night match but not Andy. The whole Slam champion excuse doesn't fly since David has never even been to a Slam final and Marcos' final run here was 7 years ago. And the match was NID for Ferrer. And unless Tsonga found his 2011 Wimbledon game, then I expect the same for the night match with Federer.

At the very least make it a double feature. Put Murray-Chardy on first, then Federer-Tsonga second if they aren't going to give one of the two spots to a women's match.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #52
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Oh please, Ferrer's has been by far the easiest. Name wise it's definitely Murray though.
Lol, get over your Ferrer hate. In what world is Berankis > Baghdatis, Battered Simon > Nishikori, and Chardy > Almagro, wait yeah in your stupid world.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #53
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
This is the Daily Mail and as such should not be taken seriously.
As much as I'd like to take another opportunity to criticize Mugray, this.

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #54
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp unhappy with schedule

Serena's match is more spectacular than Murray's, and that match is first?
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #55
country flag JarkaFish
Banned!

JarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond repute

This kid seriously think he's worthy of a night session over Federer? The people want to see tennis perfection incarnated, not some Scotsmen grabbing his junk and swearing wildly.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #56
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
This kid seriously think he's worthy of a night session over Federer? The people want to see tennis perfection incarnated, not some Scotsmen grabbing his junk and swearing wildly.
Read his comments you mug. He doesn't care.

Also he has stopped swearing.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using VerticalSports.Com App

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #57
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Fed-Tsonga vs. Murray-who?

it's not even a contest.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #58
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

I personally agree with the schedule, although I don't see why they shouldn't follow each other as an evening sesh. They're too scared to piss the women off by having back to back ATP action when it's clearly the logical decision.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #59
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
I think also Murray-Chardy could have been chosen.
over Fed - Tsonga?

never thought you were this delusional.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #60
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Is Chardy's camp unhappy because he has never played on Rod Laver arena ?

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote