Lance Armstrong set for tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #136
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong admits to Doping

Armstrong is more likely to write a book about his doping adventure and make it a best-seller ala Agassi than consider suicide .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #137
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Jonathan Vaughters just embarrassed Sir Bradley Wiggins on twitter after his lordship feigned outrage over Lance's doping confession.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #138
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Jonathan Vaughters just embarrassed Sir Bradley Wiggins on twitter after his lordship feigned outrage over Lance's doping confession.
What was the exchange?

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #139
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, do elaborate..
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #140
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Something about how Brad suspected Dopestrong was juicing in 09 but being all matey with him during it. Lance even suggested he leave Garmin.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #141
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm that is a little contradictory.

But then Brad has always been vehemently against doping, I know thats not enough to disregard him of any suspicion (even though I really do think he's clean). You only have to look at the corfidis scandal to see he's pretty hard line against it all. But I guess, Lance has shown you can be pretty convincing with the right people around you.

Brad is a different person though.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #142
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vaughters
Oh Wiggo.... While I respect your talent and believe you're clean... You forget some pretty important stuff sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wigtard
i love how people with chequered past look to pull pieces off of someone who is clean, a Champion and a guy who says how it is
Quote:
Listen, you did not have to deal w Brad worshipping LA in 09. I did. It's not a knock against him. Just annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wigtard
but Jon didn't half the planet do the same..not everyone had your knowledge..
Quote:
but Brad knew.
It gets worse...
Old 01-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #143
country flag Mjau!

Sir Bradley Wiggins professing his admiration for Lance Armstrong:

Quote:
"I love him," Wiggins said. "I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense. Even his strongest critics have benefitted from him. I don't think this sport will ever realise what he's brought it or how big he's made it.

"Cycling was in the dark ages before he came along, in many ways. You only have to look at the support along the roads, compared to what it was 20 years ago. The majority of that is because of Lance Armstrong. Obviously he has his enemies and people among the fans who don't like him, but they've all benefitted from him and his existence on the Tour."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...ance-armstrong

Sir Bradley Wiggins lying his knighted a**e off:

Quote:
“I’ve always been a bit of a fan of Lance and have sided on the side of innocent until proven guilty with him. There isn’t an athlete or a cyclist out there that isn’t more tested than he is, certainly since his comeback, he’s probably been the most tested cyclist in the pro peloton and you take that on face value and that he’s never failed a drugs test and until he does he’s clean. That’s how I’ve always had as a stance on Lance.”

“All the other stuff that’s come on with Landis and things like that is one for the courts and whether the truth will ever come out is down to this investigation. I think time will tell with that. As it stands today, with the time I’ve raced with him – and I’ve never raced with him in his era of winning seven Tours – but in his comeback, he’s probably been the most tested athlete and never failed a drugs test.”

“I think you have to question Landis’ credibility because he lied under oath before and the stories that you hear about him drinking and things like that and you know, [making] telephone calls to people I know, threatening them with things, you just think that the guy appears to not all be there. So when you see these kinds of claims in the press you have to question his credibility because it’s almost like it’s coming from a mad man, but at the same time maybe that’s all borne out of frustration and things.

“You just never know but you just look at the way his life has gone over the last five years and you think there’s one person who it would have been so easy to have just admitted it when it happened in 2006, come clean if he did do it and he would have been back racing in a professional team making pretty good money. It’s quite sad how his life has gone away, just dwindled away and now there’s all these claims and counter claims and it’s quite a sad story for him.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wigg...be-made-public

Does he sound like a clean rider discussing the doper who cheated him off the Tour podium?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #144
country flag Fujee

Yeah thats a confusing dialetic. I spose Brad could only go with the assumption he was clean publicly as he faced severe backlash if he decided to say otherwise. Something like that of the experience Christophe Bassons faced. Brad may of been suspicious deep down, but decided to keep it to himself knowing what could happen.

Just conjecture of course, no one is safe from suspicion in the post armstrong era, especially TdF winners.

David Foster Wallace
Old 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #145
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Hmm that is a little contradictory.

But then Brad has always been vehemently against doping, I know thats not enough to disregard him of any suspicion (even though I really do think he's clean). You only have to look at the corfidis scandal to see he's pretty hard line against it all. But I guess, Lance has shown you can be pretty convincing with the right people around you.

Brad is a different person though.
Awww come here you.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #146
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Lance is such a bully I'm not surprised he was all matey with him- ask Betsy Andreu, Emma O'Reilly and Paul Kimmage what questioning the lying fuckwit did to them.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #147
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You have to be pretty fucking naive to think Wiggins is clean.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #148
country flag Mjau!

Well, he could have just dropped some inane platitudes. There was no reason to all over Lance, nor to slander Floyd like that ('mad man', 'drunk') for telling the truth.

Brad's opportunistic U-turn after Lance was publically exposed and disgraced just makes him look like even more of a disingenuous douche in light of his previous Lance .
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #149
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
You have to be pretty fucking naive to think Wiggins is clean.
Well unlike the US who allow the likes of Carl Lewis to retain hero status despite (covered-up) failed tests, over here a drug cheat would simply not be tolerated. He has his 'Sir' title and is one of the most popular sportsmen this country has ever had. If it emerged he he was doping, he'd be lynched out of here and his name would be erased as much as Jimmy Savile's.

Wiggins still doesn't climb high peaks well enough for me to consider him suspect. Froome is another matter, but you can't trust a single rider. I do rate cycling's testing procedures far better than tennis, though.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #150
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Well unlike the US who allow the likes of Carl Lewis to retain hero status despite (covered-up) failed tests, over here a drug cheat would simply not be tolerated. He has his 'Sir' title and is one of the most popular sportsmen this country has ever had. If it emerged he he was doping, he'd be lynched out of here and his name would be erased as much as Jimmy Savile's.

Wiggins still doesn't climb high peaks well enough for me to consider him suspect. Froome is another matter, but you can't trust a single rider. I do rate cycling's testing procedures far better than tennis, though.
Wiggins fulfills pretty much every criteria to be suspect of major league doping.

A time-trialist pistard who switches to road cycling and suddenly, at age 30, sky-rockets (see what I did there?) into place 4 of the TdF coming out of nowhere, only to win it three years later. Right!