The Best National Anthem...? - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: The Best National Anthem?

Italy 19 13.01%
England 7 4.79%
Russia 38 26.03%
other... 82 56.16%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #166
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Best National Anthem...?

The top 5 anthems in the world in no particular order are the South African, Uruguayan, Mexican, Russian and Welsh ones in my opinion. They are all incredibly inspiring and rousing tunes.

I remember some people saying that Group A of the 2010 World Cup, with Uruguay, México, South Africa and France, was the best ever group for the quality of national anthems.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #167
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in favor of national anthems, in fact in in fav of canceling all of them and just stick with the flag.
I think the USA has the most beautiful one, something in the line "land of the free home if the brave" does it to me.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #168
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
I'm not in favor of national anthems, in fact in in fav of canceling all of them and just stick with the flag.
I think the USA has the most beautiful one, something in the line "land of the free home if the brave" does it to me.
Why is that? For any particular reason? In the end, I guess the purpose is to just stir up some patriotism between the population. I've always felt that it generates a feeling of more 'pro-homeland' rather than 'anti-others' feeling to say it in a way. singing my own while being in a group always makes me feel a special bond in that moment and hearing it at the biggest sporting events (Olympics, WC, etc.) gives the chills!
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #169
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously for anybody the Best National Anthem would be their Home Country. Choosing anybody Elses is something i cannot understand.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #170
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

New Zealand's shits over every other one named here.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #171
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceremo View Post
Why is that? For any particular reason? In the end, I guess the purpose is to just stir up some patriotism between the population. I've always felt that it generates a feeling of more 'pro-homeland' rather than 'anti-others' feeling to say it in a way. singing my own while being in a group always makes me feel a special bond in that moment and hearing it at the biggest sporting events (Olympics, WC, etc.) gives the chills!
I know that the goal is for good, to bond ppl and make proud but its not my thing, i think a few lines and a flag is ok but a full song and everyone putting their hands on their heart, a little Fascist in my eyes.
but the idea is great
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote