Gasquet finally to make GS QF again at AO-13 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #46
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gasquet finally to make GS QF again at AO-13

Ah well, I really hoped for the QF.
Can't say I expected it.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #47
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gasquet finally to make GS QF again at AO-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Gasquet's H2H in slams vs the top 8 guys:

Djokovic leads 1-0
Federer leads 2-0
Murray leads 4-0
Nadal leads 2-0
Ferrer leads 2-0
Berdych leads 1-0
Del Potro 0-0
Tsonga leads 2-1

That's a fucking joke for a top 10 player to say the least.
Gasquet isn't consistently in the top 10 - he's more like a 20-10 type player realistically. Those results aren't his biggest problem -most players around his usual ranking probably have similarly terrible numbers. The biggest problem is the manner in which he loses. His matches against top players are the definition of going through the motions. He uses the same pedestrian game plan every time and proceeds to lose in straight sets without a yelp. It never looks like he tries to formulate changes or strategies that would actually make him more competitive. The mindset is like "well I've beaten who I should have and this will be an acceptable beat down". It's his life so in reality it's fine for him to continue this way - it provides him with a solid ranking and a comfortable lifestyle. It's just terrible to watch for his fans.

I don't really understand why some of his fans were so hopeful this time around. It was painfully obvious this was going to happen when you looked at his draw and it's not like Gasquet has done anything recently to suggest he would turn the tables. Tsonga played almost as bad as he can in a slam and still won easily.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote