Do You Believe In A "God"? - Page 45 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Yes, I'm a Theist (Believe in holy revelation via a "Holy Book") 57 20.28%
Yes, I'm a Deist (Believe in God based upon the existence of the Universe and evolved life) 39 13.88%
Perhaps, I'm Agnostic (As there is conflicting, or a lack of, evidence you just don't know) 68 24.20%
No, I'm an Atheist (science will eventually understand the origins of the Big Bang/Universe) 117 41.64%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #661
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Yes, I do.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #662
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

There are at least as many different subjective gods as there are believers. They exist in their heads. This is also existence.

For me personally, there is none. There is nothing I need explained that I can't explain otherwise, so a god won't do anything for me. In case anyone should misinterpret - there are still things that can't be explained, even though most queries originally given to religion has now been answered elsewhere. My position is that these remaining mysteries do not need to be explained. How did the universe and life get started? Don't know, will never find out, no problem. It exists now. That is good enough.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #663
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
There is no God are you that blinded or just lack of logical thinking ...
even if all the "accidents" (Big bang , inflation , single cells evolving etc.) happened and the chance is 0,0000001% you know that if they HADN't happened you wouldn't be here to ask about it or believe in something thus making the chance for US 100% ... it's simple logic ... those believers never learn ... glad that within 500 or more years there will be nowhere to be found cause Atheists rate is increasing
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #664
country flag Soliloque

Soliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond repute

Still no.
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #665
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Of course not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #666
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helevorn View Post
I am pretty much aligned to Bertrand Russell's thoughts about agnosticism. Like he used to say, atheists and believers tell us that it can be proven that there is a God, or there are no gods at all. Agnostics simply didn't find any secure and rational basis in order to resolve the question, hence they suspend any question.

Moreover, Russell and many other philosphers, specially in the north of Europe, the most developed region of Europe in almost every field, wrote about a quasi-atheist agnosticism, that is my intimate thought: I was raised as an agnostic (my region, Emilia, has a long story in ignoring catholic teachings and education) and as far as now, with many years of studying and thinking, I didn't reach a clear idea about God, gods, coincidence and so on. So, I live as an atheist, not wasting one single minute of my life thinking about gods, prayers, rituals, nor I waste my time in insulting other people and being sure that no God exists.

Still I am an agnostic and not an atheist, 'cos Im graduated in history and I've been studying for many years tons of mystics, religions, metaphysics, that I'm not able to prove to myself that these were all crazy and visionaries.. so I leave the doors open for any progress in the future

Of course my thoughts are about religions as systems of beliefs and philosopies, not about institutions, Vaticans, churchs or centers of power hidden under religious masks. My flag is Vatican City's flag 'cos Vatican conquered the north of Italy after we have been ghibelline and indipendent since the fall of the roman empire, but Vatican and the Holy See and Christianity are extremely different things
What.

That is not what atheism is.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #667
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Of course i do.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #668
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there is no god.
Next.

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-325
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #669
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-325
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #670
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Religion has gradually slipped away from my life as I've progressed through adolescence, but I am still bound to Christianity and still believe in God.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #671
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Religion has gradually slipped away from my life as I've progressed through adolescence, but I am still bound to Christianity and still believe in God.
Same here, used to be a regular church attendant, can't remember the last I've been there. Still, when lifes get tough, I turn to God, but more like a subconsciousness figure rather than creator of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post
If Kneedal wins RG this year, I'll be running topless on Umag centre court.

Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #672
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armless View Post
Same here, used to be a regular church attendant, can't remember the last I've been there. Still, when lifes get tough, I turn to God, but more like a subconsciousness figure rather than creator of the universe.
Aye, I think it's a pleasant way to operate, if a bit ill-disciplined.

I don't think I could imagine living life without the reassurance of believing God, even now when I'm a 'lazy' member of the Anglican Church.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #673
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

LOL no.

17 6 21 77
IOFH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #674
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Always found the agnostics much more tolerable and humble than most atheists. Many of the latter pride themselves on their abrasive and militant arrogance. Their gospel is about oblivion and despair, they indulge and wallow in their nihilism so much they are convinced they must move heaven and earth in order to convert you to their asylum. Nothing gives these types of atheists more pleasure than convincing an aged widow that she has nothing to look forward to, ridiculing those who disagree with them, insisting with certainty that this life is all there is. More militant than any Jihadist, they would scale the walls of any church or sanctuary to rob that place of faith. They take everything through their ridicule but offer exactly nothing in return. Intellectually, the most arrogant of all because they are certain they understand the vast universe, stripping it of all mystery, they're confident that they are not puny like the rest of us.

All in all though, they're pretty cool I guess! Why do I always attract these types like flies lol?

DJOKOCOASTER

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 02-03-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #675
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Always found the agnostics much more tolerable and humble than most atheists. Many of the latter pride themselves on their abrasive and militant arrogance. Their gospel is about oblivion and despair, they indulge and wallow in their nihilism so much they are convinced they must move heaven and earth in order to convert you to their asylum. Nothing gives these types of atheists more pleasure than convincing an aged widow that she has nothing to look forward to, ridiculing those who disagree with them, insisting with certainty that this life is all there is. More militant than any Jihadist, they would scale the walls of any church or sanctuary to rob that place of faith. They take everything through their ridicule but offer exactly nothing in return. Intellectually, the most arrogant of all because they are certain they understand the vast universe, stripping it of all mystery, they're confident that they are not puny like the rest of us.

All in all though, they're pretty cool I guess! Why do I always attract these types like flies lol?
Very amusing post. Thanks for the laugh.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote