2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #151
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Australia, new adventure begins in Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=220002

This thread is disgusting. It's filled with 90% of people saying the dumbest things about Gilles and tennis and yet they call themselves tennis fans. Ridiculous. If you can't even admit to yourself that, regardless of how you may feel about the quality of the tennis on display, the amount of heart shown by Gilles and the wil to win and just the overall inspiring nature of that, then you have no right to call yourself a tennis fan. I'm sorry but seriously. The announcers on my ESPN3 stream where riveted by Gilles' heart and wil and display of intestinal fortitude. I remember now why I pretty much stay in one section of this site. The Gilles section.
Yeah, it's not worth it. GM seems to think that a match is only good if the players hit winners or errors on the first or second shot every point and half of them probably didn't even watch it. It's alright, you know he won a lot of fans in the crowd tonight for that effort.
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #152
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=220002

This thread is disgusting. It's filled with 90% of people saying the dumbest things about Gilles and tennis and yet they call themselves tennis fans. Ridiculous. If you can't even admit to yourself that, regardless of how you may feel about the quality of the tennis on display, the amount of heart shown by Gilles and the wil to win and just the overall inspiring nature of that, then you have no right to call yourself a tennis fan. I'm sorry but seriously. The announcers on my ESPN3 stream where riveted by Gilles' heart and wil and display of intestinal fortitude. I remember now why I pretty much stay in one section of this site. The Gilles section.
I actually like reading, its funny. Especially when Simon wins and they bitch and rant about it endlessly. People can't cheer without dissing others. Its like me watching bartoli. I can admire the fighting spirit but it absolutely detest her tennis and existence lol

Sent from my HTC One X using VerticalSports.Com App
Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #153
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm worried this knee problem might be something serious.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #154
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

So proud of Gilles today , he's quite the master at winning injured, and today he showed a lot of heart, I think it's his first 5 set win which went over 7-6, winning 8-6 is . Hope his leg problems can get better, I just hope him to win some games vs Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #155
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

Bonnie D. Ford ‏@Bonnie_D_Ford
On way out of tennis complex saw Simon inching down the hall w/arm around helper, touching wall for balance. Wouldn't accept a wheelchair.
Not the first time he needed help to get off the court in Melbourne, the last time was 2006 R1, he was so spent that he needed to be picked up off the floor in front of his chair. There's a pic of that somewhere. But anyway, that is Gilles, the skinnest tennis player with the biggest heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Yeah, it's not worth it. GM seems to think that a match is only good if the players hit winners or errors on the first or second shot every point and half of them probably didn't even watch it. It's alright, you know he won a lot of fans in the crowd tonight for that effort.
Well, there is a reason that a Simon/Monfils match always turns out this way, they don't play other players like they do against each other, they know each others ability too well and somehow that they both feel they have to play long rallies to win. I'm not saying it's the best way, but the couch potatoes that are not in the players' shoes have no right to judge.

And then, there's those who can't stand Gilles style, but if Gilles can just hit aces and winners left right and center in the first point all the time you think he would play like this? What Gilles wants, which he has said many times is to have a big serve to set himself up and win cheap points. I'm sure if he can bash ball all day long he won't mind doing that. But his shots aren't big enough in a consistent basis for him to hit ppl off the court, he needs to play those long rallies to get the other guy out of position before he can hit the big shots. Those ppl who don't like his style just refuse to understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
I'm worried this knee problem might be something serious.
I'm worry for him for every part of his body, clearly the problems of the legs had led him to overcompensate his other parts of the body, like the arm and who knows where else. As much as I love his big heart, I also think he really needs to put his body in consideration when he's playing injured, which he does often. He has too little regard to his body sometimes.

Anyway, for tomorrow's match, I'm only hoping for a decent scoreline. It sucks that he has to play Murray, then again, if the draw was actually nicer but he is too spent to take advantage of it, I think that would suck more. So I thought it is probably better this way that he's playing a guy he has very little chance to beat anyway even when healthy. I'm curious to see how he will play though. Against Murray he has little options, he can't out-rally Andy, but he's not able to hit big enough shots to past Andy either. With his physical condition tomorrow, I don't know what he can do. Anyway, I'm already happy that he's in R4. Allez Gilles.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #156
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

According to Neil Harman, Gilles went to the hospital last night after the match. I hope I'm wrong but it's not looking good for him playing the match tomorrow
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 AM   #157
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

According to WLT, he didn't show up at the post-match Presser, so I guess he went to the hospital just as Neil Harman said. Let's hope he just went for some I-V to get rehydrated his drained body, not anything more serious. I hope he'll be sensible, if he is not up to it, then don't play tomorrow. His health is more impt than anything.

Last edited by lalaland : 01-20-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #158
country flag mike s.

Well, he had a presser today and is playing. Best of luck Gilles, just try your best!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #159
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Well, he had a presser today and is playing. Best of luck Gilles, just try your best!
I can't say I'm surprised by his decision. What a fighter.

edit: Oh, and just so you guys know, he said in his interview that he didn't go to the hospital last night. He just got treatment there at the site for about four hours with the usual stuff (massage, stretching etc.) He didn't go to bed until five in the morning. Poor guy.

Also, there is no injury to any part of his body. He was just cramping all over he said in his leg first and then his arm and then it felt like almost everywhere he said but he is alright as far as no injuries which is good news. He thinks the cramping, which has never happened to him on court before, was brought on by his recent illness and lack of preparation do to his neck and back acting up before the event.

Last edited by GilleSimonAddict : 01-20-2013 at 06:35 AM.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #160
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

He said his wife didn't want to sleep with him last night haha
And he had a beer at 5am.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #161
country flag patalala

patalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond reputepatalala has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a link to this press conference?
patalala is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #162
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

French Eurosport website but I doubt you can access it being in Australia.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #163
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenouille View Post
He said his wife didn't want to sleep with him last night haha
And he had a beer at 5am.
Be careful, this could easily be misinterpreted. Karine asked him to sleep in the physiotherapist's room so that his son does not disturb his sleep.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #164
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patalala View Post
Is there a link to this press conference?
Not all ES videos are subject to restriction, it's always worth trying. The interview is in French though.

http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/ope...29/video.shtml

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #165
country flag lalaland

L'Equipe has a shorter version of the itw with some transcripts, I ran it thru the translator, he seems quite alright.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actuali...pasteur/343844

This is another itw on Eurosport that has no restriction, no transcript so no idea what he's saying, but I like to look at his clean-shaved face , we don't get to see that face often these day.
http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/ope...27/video.shtml

This from FFT's site, an article:
http://www.fft.fr/les-francais-lopen...n-recuperation

Last edited by lalaland : 01-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.