Djokovic SF streak.. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #46
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic SF streak..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
you are right dude it's not like a semi retired Agassi was world number 1 at the age of 33-34 whatever and pushed Fed to his limits in 2005 US Open final............Fed's draws in his era were a joke.......
agassi playing like that in fast courts it`s much more dangerous than mugray fro example.

and pushed fed to the limits????? federer won in 4 sets , by the other side an old federer pushed nole to 5 sets in an slow us open and defeated him in roland garros.

haas pushed nole to the limits in toronto 2012 too and a semi-retired hewitt in the olympics
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #47
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
What are you trying to say? 2004-2007 was the strongest era ever because the GOAT was in his prime. And that is why Djokovic could not pass the R16 at the AO.
You don' get it, I'm saying if Djokovic made it into top 4 in January 07 instead of June 07, he wouldn't be able to play Fed before semis and most likely would've had all 4 SFs instead of 3/4.

The point is, if 20 yr old Djokovic could make 3 semis and one final in so-called strongest era, 25 yr old one could easily make all 4 and have the same streak
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #48
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

I think Federer's streak is quite safe. Novak may have a slip at Wimbledon sooner or later.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #49
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Djokovic can play on any speed with zero resistance in that era except Roger and Nadal on clay he would make every one............2003-2007 is probably the weakest era in the last 20 years.........Hell mugs like Nalbandian,Haas are hailed as supreme players just because they were the only one except Rafa to challenge Federer......Give me a break..........Also court speed was almost the same back then in reverse......Everything was fast.......AO,US Open,Wimbledon,Masters evens except clay?How is that fair?Please tell me
Dislike the player who is dominating = weak era
Like the player who is dominating = strong player

Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #50
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
You don' get it, I'm saying if Djokovic made it into top 4 in January 07 instead of June 07, he wouldn't be able to play Fed before semis and most likely would've had all 4 SFs instead of 3/4.

The point is, if 20 yr old Djokovic could make 3 semis and one final in so-called strongest era, 25 yr old one could easily make all 4 and have the same streak
correction, 19 yr old Djokovic
Rafael has won more titles than Novak Djokovic, but speaking merely about tennis and about the game, Rafa has to be considered slightly lower than Djokovic. The Serb is such a good player that he is as close as you can get to Roger Federer
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #51
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko05 View Post
correction, 19 yr old Djokovic
No reason to correct. From 22nd of May 2006 - 21nd of May 2007 his slam record was QF in FO, R4 in W, R3 in USO and R4 in AO. Definitely not bad for a 19-year old, but no SFs.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #52
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Serbian trolls are supremely tiresome
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #53
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nole to overcome Federer soon
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #54
country flag cveks

cveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
When did you start watching tennis? 2003-2007 was slower than 1990-2002. If you want to call that unfair, it is not because it was too fast. The slower courts of today has nothing to do with fairness, it's simply what the powers that be thinks the audience wants. It would be just as fair to play on super fast surfaces.
I agree with Rafa in one thing

Tennis matches like between Sampras and Ivanisevic were not entertaining even near like matches between Djokovic Federer Nadal and Murray. These matches were simply serve serve serve ,few swings with racquet and thats all.

Maybe some of you miss that but I like to see matchups with long exchanges lot of variety , slices, volleys and of course baseline fights with winners.

Thats tennis which I like to watch , and for that kind of entertainment average speed courts are the best by my opinion.
cveks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #55
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveks View Post

Tennis matches like between Sampras and Ivanisevic were not entertaining even near like matches between Djokovic Federer Nadal and Murray. These matches were simply serve serve serve ,few swings with racquet and thats all.

Maybe some of you miss that but I like to see matchups with long exchanges lot of variety , slices, volleys and of course baseline fights with winners.

Thats tennis which I like to watch , and for that kind of entertainment average speed courts are the best by my opinion.
Well, taken from an old perspective there are very few "average" tournaments left, most are below the old average. But you are clearly in agreement with those making decisions. The courts have been changed to get longer points. I do not mind slower courts, but my idea of variation is somewhat different from yours, as I like to see tournaments with greater differences to each other during a long season.

A change made for marketing purposes will, however, certainly not produce more worthy winners that if such changes had not been made. Sampras is not an unworthy winner from having played fast courts. Neither is he a more worthy winner. You play what you get. Still, as courts are changed according to public opinion, there's nothing wrong with voicing disagreement with the current schedule. If enough people do so some changes can be reversed.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #56
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveks View Post

Matches between guys like Sampras/Ivanisevic were just one aspect of that era, and the exception rather than the rule.

The good thing about the 90s was the variety. You had power S&Vs (Ivanisevic/Becker), touch S&Vs (Edberg, Rafter) counterpunchers (Agassi, Schuttler), retrivers/defensive baseliners (Chang), offensive/power baseliners (Courier, Kafelnikov) spin kings (Brugera, Muster) and occasionally a prodigiously talented all-court player like Sampras.

Why so much difference? Well, the diversity of courts means you couldn't hope to be equally successful all year round. Players tailored their game to a specific type of court, and cashed in during their surface's 'season'. The best players were competitive even on their less favoured surfaces, but they would still be at a bit of a disadvantage. The number one player was the guy who dominated his favourite surface, and then managed to succeed the best on his non-favoured surface.

Nowadays, the higher bounce and lack of penetration on pretty much all surfaces means that with the right style of play, you don't really have much of a disadvantage on any court. It encourages everybody to adopt the same style of play - primarily defensive, with power used to move people around and draw the UE rather than hit through for winners and FEs.

Don't get me wrong - long rallies with impressive physical displays and big shots coming back are great to to watch. And we used to get that - at the French Open. In the 90s if you hated endurance baseline tennis then not to worry - the clay season's almost over, next up is Wimbledon. If you don't like short points and power S&V - no big deal, in a few weeks we'll be back on a more medium-speed surface with the hardcourts in the US.

The sheer lack of diversity in modern tennis is a killer. It used to be one of the great and unique things about the game - different styles, different strategies, different winners at each tournament. Constant changing, duels between two players that would be vastly different depending on where they were played. Nowadays it's the same thing being served up all year round.

Last edited by Caesar1844 : 01-18-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #57
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought fedtards were usually low, but this time you have outdone yourselves. Bravo.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #58
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

What about this from old Agassi.. just 6 years before and it looks way better than boring tennis of today, on fast hard court

Old 01-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #59
country flag Alcibiades

Alcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Serbian trolls are supremely tiresome
Trolls of any player are,by definition,tiresome,its just that some seem more than the others,and of course,those who seem more are,by chance surely,trolls/tards of players you dont like.

On the other hand,when you go after the nationality,that puts you that much closer,not to a tard,but to a much more sinister group.Guess who?

Krajinovic - Dodig - Dolgopolov - Baghdatis - Raonic - Fish - Soderling - Ferrero

Novak Djokovic
4 AO; 2 Wimbledon; 1 USO; 20 MS; 3 WTF; 47 Career titles; Olympic Bronze Medalist; Davis Cup 2010; YE #1 2011,2012
Alcibiades is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #60
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

bitch please..., call me when he get 22.

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote