Lance Armstrong set for tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #91
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong admits to Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
After having listened to Armstrong one must ask questions about american doping culture. He has no remorse except that he got caught.

Wonder how many of these "super athletes" that simply never got caught. Carl Lewis is one I think doped up for much of his career but managed to get away. If your team and your resources are awesome you can hide doping.

The poor mugs without resources or million dollar medical teams are the ones that will get caught if they dope up using some cheap stuff and without proper knowledge.
Carl Lewis tested positive before the 1988 Olympics but the test was hushed down by the US, this is common knowledge. He says everyone in the US was doing it and getting away with it.
http://trackandfield.about.com/od/lo...overslewis.htm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003...s.duncanmackay
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #92
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone just wanting to hear the words from the horses mouth..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/vide...s-doping-video
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #93
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #94
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Carl Lewis tested positive before the 1988 Olympics but the test was hushed down by the US, this is common knowledge. He says everyone in the US was doing it and getting away with it.
http://trackandfield.about.com/od/lo...overslewis.htm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003...s.duncanmackay

yeah but did he lose his titles and medals? I don't think so. Ben Johnson got caught, Carl Lewis got away. Difference was that US helped Lewis get away like your example shows. Ben Johnson on the other hand got thrown to the wolves. Lewis excuses is also oddly similar to Armstrongs. First denial. Then when he can't deny anyumore "everyone was doing it/it was the same for everyone"

It's sad how the world has been fooled and looked up to these persons. The american people in particular have been fooled and made millionaires out of cheaters just because the system allowed it. Lewis could and should have been stopped in 1988,

Armstrong should also have been stopped early in his career. Yet it just kept going and going. Hopefully this ends with Armstrong. I think the entire country should be banned from competition if it's proven that positive doping tests have been swept under the rug or that a big star has gotten "special treatment" compared to other athletes.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #95
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, Lance Armstrong finally admitted that he took PEDs, but all in all, the interview was a calculated PR exercise. In fact, I find it pretty obvious that he's still lying through his teeth. The little he said about his donation to the UCI didn't make any sense and I don't believe for a second that he was clean in his comeback. But what struck me the most was probably how cold and detached he was. He showed no empathy for the people whose lives he destroyed (e.g. Emma O'Reilly or the Andreu's) and instead, found it within himself to joke about it when the topic came up. For Lance, it's all about Lance. Nobody else matters.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #96
country flag bad gambler

bad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond repute

Look forward to the post interview later in the year where he admits to lying in this interview with Oprah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentos View Post
have laugh at the people who attended this. Couldn't afford tomic on laver so they settle for this.
bad gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #97
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
You are going straight into my signature.

EDIT: But it's not working... does anybody have an idea why my signature won't show?
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #98
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria100 View Post
Ok, Lance Armstrong finally admitted that he took PEDs, but all in all, the interview was a calculated PR exercise. In fact, I find it pretty obvious that he's still lying through his teeth. The little he said about his donation to the UCI didn't make any sense and I don't believe for a second that he was clean in his comeback. But what struck me the most was probably how cold and detached he was. He showed no empathy for the people whose lives he destroyed (e.g. Emma O'Reilly or the Andreu's) and instead, found it within himself to joke about it when the topic came up. For Lance, it's all about Lance. Nobody else matters.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Look forward to the post interview later in the year where he admits to lying in this interview with Oprah
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #99
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

now it's time to buy, pretty soft market atm....
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #100
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post

allegedly his lawyers were couple of feet away right behind the cameras in order to step in if armstrong said something stupid.

i'm waiting for jan ullrich to come clean in the next couple of days. he could join armstrong in his alcatraz cell. 20 to life for both of them, with nutrition being epo-drinks and their own blood.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #101
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

once again, THIS is what armstrong thinks of the world: he couldn't care less.

https://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/s...64416864002048
Old 01-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #102
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

"I came out of a life-threatening disease. I was on my death bed. You think I'm going to come back into a sport and say, 'OK, OK doctor, give me everything you've got, I just want to go fast?' No way! I would never do that."
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #103
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
once again, THIS is what armstrong thinks of the world: he couldn't care less.

https://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/s...64416864002048
Why go to such lengths to conceal the truth if he doesn't care?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #104
country flag Stensland

i mean he's an egomaniac. he couldn't care less about anyone except for himself.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #105
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post

allegedly his lawyers were couple of feet away right behind the cameras in order to step in if armstrong said something stupid.

i'm waiting for jan ullrich to come clean in the next couple of days. he could join armstrong in his alcatraz cell. 20 to life for both of them, with nutrition being epo-drinks and their own blood.
After the interview and before it's aired, Oprah was on CBS's morning show and she said there was no lawyer presence.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote