Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #31
country flag Serverer

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc

NO doubt EPO would make a huge difference in tennis too. If you are much fresher than your opponent after 4-5 hours of play you have a big advandage.
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

hypocritical much there djokovic?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #33
country flag Chris Kuerten
Banned!

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

A Dutch reporter recently took EPO for a week and his performance increased 10% in 10 days without training.
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #34
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the reason it appears so clean is because they don't fucking test for seven months at a time. Anyone with any common sense knows it's an epidemic in tennis like it was in cycling ten years ago for the same reasons- Players ahead of the programs in terms of doping technology and the authorities helping cover up positive tests and suspicious test avoidance

Matosevic, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Dolgopolov, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Gonzalez, Monaco, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #35
country flag Chemokine

Chemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic was just being a nice guy and trying to make tennis look good. Certainly there is room for improvement in terms of testing, but I am doubtful that any changes will actually be made.
Chemokine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #36
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
But surely Djokovic knows that the doping controls in tennis are a joke, much worse than the ones in cycling?
You know, I don't think so. From the players' perspectives, they get 10ish tests a year in competition, and have to give location data 365 days a year. That would be a major pain in the ass to comply with.

The problem of course is that the dopers have easy ways to avoid the tests. As Armstrong said last night, they have no fear of in-competition testing because they know they've flushed everything out of their system.

Armstrong also said blood passports work against doping (tennis doesn't use them), as does out of competition testing (tennis does such a microscopic number there's zero chance of catching anyone).

Is there doping in tennis? With basically no anti-doping system to speak of? Of course there is. Fuentes worked with hundreds of world class athletes, and said in 2006 that 20% of his clients were tennis players - he said that if he talked, Spain would lose the World Cup, and strangely enough the Spanish authorities buried the list of his clients

It's the dilemma of any governing body:

1) test properly, you will catch lots, and the sport's image will get ruined.

2) give up on testing, the dopers will take over.

Cycling chose number 1 - they do mammoth numbers of tests. Tennis chose 2.

Last edited by philosophicalarf : 01-18-2013 at 06:58 PM.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #37
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Novak is talking tripe I'm afraid. He's either naive or hiding something (hopefully the former) as doping controls in tennis are so lax it allows someone to use Lance's drugs and methods and get away with it.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #38
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Good interview. I don't think Djokovic is doping. And I like what he said about Armstrong. Absolute disgrace that guy. One of the heros of 'Clay Death' of course. I saw an interview with Dennis Miller where he says Armstrong bullied people into not saying anything about his doping by threatening them. Sounds a lot like that bully Clay Death and of course we all know who else that poster worshiped. Connect the dots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #39
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
NO doubt EPO would make a huge difference in tennis too. If you are much fresher than your opponent after 4-5 hours of play you have a big advandage
, no?
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #40
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
As far as Armstrong goes, is it really cheating everyone in the sport was all taking the same stuff? That's like saying I scored a 78 but the teacher curved that letter grade from a C+ to a be B+...it's not cheating because everyone was graded on the same curve. Lance Armstrong is a hero and also one of the greatest athletes of our generation. He was the best cyclist the world has ever seen, even if he and athletes he competed against took substances deemed "illegal" by the sport.
I don't know about Djokovic,Federer,Nadal & Murray(guys that concern us the most), but I'll tell you something about your hero Armstrong:

you can take all his trophies, his 125+ millions and all the misery of people he used to bully throughout his career and shove up your arse!
Rafael has won more titles than Novak Djokovic, but speaking merely about tennis and about the game, Rafa has to be considered slightly lower than Djokovic. The Serb is such a good player that he is as close as you can get to Roger Federer
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #41
country flag Myrre

Myrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond repute

If I was a professional (clean) tennis player I would want as much testing as possible to catch the cheaters. Anyone who doesn't want more testing or constantly complains about it is a suspect in my eyes.
Myrre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #42
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Someone already got banned earlier today for insinuations regarding doping. I see a few of you in here are skating close to it again as well (some of the usual suspects).

No poster on here knows much of anything about doping as it pertains to high level sport so don't speak as if you do.

Djokovic has a right to his own opinions and there is nothing exceptional in anything he said.
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #43
country flag Mateya
Mateja Seppieva

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is that Armstrong and people helping him are a disgrace for sport and entire humanity.
From hero to zero.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour Association of tennis players without variety and plan B.
Thanks for your votes.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #44
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

what he said about Armstrong is true. I watched that pathetic interview on Operah. I hate doping, and that's it. what Armstrong got away with is out of this world. He doped, he won all that sh!t, he is super rich, and he pretends he is a victim . cry me a river.

doping is big no, no in any sport but many of you guys are speculating too much about doping in tennis. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but unless there is a valid proof that a player is doping we shouldn't be even discussing it.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #45
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

weird how so much questioning by the press put to djokovic was on lance armstrong, who knew cycling was even that big?
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote