Football Zone - Page 264 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #3946
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone

Well, I don´t see ManU let go of De Gea, so it could very well be Guaita in the end. Good goalie, I wouldn´t complain if I were a Barca fan.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #3947
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Sad that Valdés is leaving, but have to respect his decision. And of course thank him for everything he did for the club. He has the 4th most apperances with the Barcelona jersey ever, won the Zamora award five times (could be 6 this year), 5/6 Ligas, 3/4 CLs and many other things with us. That's more than enough to go down as a club legend and one of our best ever keepers.

Especially if we consider Barca's goalkeeper crisis before Valdés made the post his; Rustu, Enke and Bonano are only a few of the completely failed experiments, only with Valdés was the crisis overcome and forgotten and stability found. I can only thank him for his incredible services and wish him luck wherever he goes next

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #3948
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest GK talent we have is Fabrice Ondoa but he is only 17 years old, so way too young.

Courtois is also not capable of patiently build up play, I know he is a great talent with great saves but in terms of the total package I gave it another though and these come up as well;

1. Guaita
2. ter Stegen
3. Rui Patricio/Muslera

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #3949
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Contract expires in 2014, so if we want to get some money for him we need to sell this summer. (doubt there will be a club who is willing to pay for him though).

Pinto is already 37, 38 when it's 2014 mate. Not gonna happen. I really hope they are going to buy Guaita and put Bañuz/Olazábal/Masip as backup.
The sooner he goes the better.

I know, I was joking about Pinto. I doubt anyone there would be stupid enough to make Pinto #1.
I'd be delighted with bringing Guaita, and also wouldn't mind Courtois at all. Why do you think that transfer is unrealistic?

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #3950
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Only found out quite recently about Ter Stegen myself, looks like a fine young goalkeeper. It´s becoming more and more obvious by the day that the next decade of football will belong to Spain and Germany.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #3951
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
The sooner he goes the better.

I know, I was joking about Pinto. I doubt anyone there would be stupid enough to make Pinto #1.
I'd be delighted with bringing Guaita, and also wouldn't mind Courtois at all. Why do you think that transfer is unrealistic?
Yeah, well I'm in between. I don't think he is THAT awful like some suggest, but the reason he got all the Zamora trophys is because Barça plays with 70% + ball possession every match and they still have Puyol/Pique behind. Let's take the match against Chelsea last year, Barça had like 45 shots in 2 matches while Chelsea only had 5 or 6 and still they scored 3 times out of it.

Pinto should leave as well and stick to producing hiphop/rnb songs
At least Guaita is Spanish, you are going to be able to play a ball back to him without him ramming it forward like a lunatic and he's relatively young so that would be an excellent pick. Courtois doesn't speak Spanish/Catalan, is not great at build up play and he has a longtime contract at Chelsea (One of the few clubs who actually doesn't need money from transfers). Plus I do think that in 1 or 2 years time he is going to be #1 instead of Cech over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Only found out quite recently about Ter Stegen myself, looks like a fine young goalkeeper. It´s becoming more and more obvious by the day that the next decade of football will belong to Spain and Germany.
Yeah, I believe he also won Bundesliga GK of the year last year. He is still young, his technique is decent and he has catlike reflexes. 8-12 million should be enough to get him to Camp Nou.

And I agree with that, Germany has a bright future ahead indeed with the healthy clubs/sponsors and attendance numbers.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #3952
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Valdes is a terrible goalkeeper when you consider that he plays in a team of superstars.

Barça will benefit from this.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #3953
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Valdes is a terrible goalkeeper when you consider that he plays in a team of superstars.

Barça will benefit from this.
Nope. Only people who can say such thing are those fully unaware of the club's goalkeeper situation before Valdés made the GK position his. It was truly dramatic. Rustu, Enke, Bonano, Dutruel, Arnau...

Valdés's emergence put an end to that, so I for one am very thankful to him. He might not be the best goalkeeper in the world but he was an integral part of several La Liga and CL-winning teams and had a great Barca career.

I can only hope replacing him goes smoother than the process of giving him the post was.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #3954
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Valencia fan, but you all will know Guaita hasn't been playing very many games for us. So I'm not sure just how good he is. Diego Alves is keeping him out of the team, so he might leave, and Valencia would be inclined to sell given the financial crisis that currently hinders the club.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #3955
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Well, I don´t see ManU let go of De Gea, so it could very well be Guaita in the end. Good goalie, I wouldn´t complain if I were a Barca fan.
why not? he's an absolute turkey

Ferguson should be driving him to Spain and sending him off

Unt need a goalie with years of prem'ship experience and are plenty of those who MU should have no trouble getting
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #3956
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

Unt need a goalie with years of prem'ship experience and are plenty of those who MU should have no trouble getting
Played fine against you berties.... De Gea is a good keeper, best shot stopper in the league and that is a fact. Just needs to work on his positioning and dealing of aerial balls, which he has...

Wonder if City fans are still overrating Joe 'CameraSave' Hart

Sent from my GT-S5830i using VerticalSports.Com App
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #3957
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

in the last month he has cost United 3 goals by palming saves out to the feet of the on coming strikers (Michu at Swansea, Ba v Newcastle and Sturridge v Liverpool)

he'll do well in Barca where all you need to do as a goalie is pass to a defender
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #3958
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Played fine against you berties.... De Gea is a good keeper, best shot stopper in the league and that is a fact. Just needs to work on his positioning and dealing of aerial balls, which he has...

Wonder if City fans are still overrating Joe 'CameraSave' Hart

Seems like the chap is not populair amongst the fans. Even they take the piss out of him.

Last edited by EnriqueIG8 : 01-18-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #3959
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
in the last month he has cost United 3 goals by palming saves out to the feet of the on coming strikers (Michu at Swansea, Ba v Newcastle and Sturridge v Liverpool)

he'll do well in Barca where all you need to do as a goalie is pass to a defender
I'm sure he will improve on that. The fact is, the guys 21. Keepers don't peak until around their 30's.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #3960
country flag Trollicki

Yeah, I think that if ManU fans are writing off De Gea already, they are going to regret it. The guy has a lot of upside. Besides, next to (perhaps) Ter Stege I don´t see anyone who could handily fill the shoes of ManU 1st goalie.
Closed Thread