Christophe Rochus wants doping to be made legal - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #181
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christophe Rochus wants doping to be made legal

interesting points, but i dont agree with him on legalizing doping...

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #182
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Weirdly enough, Nole's post-match interview was almost all about doping issues:

Quote:
Q. Radek was talking about one of the big sports stories of the day is Lance Armstrong admitting he used steroids. The interview was happening during your match and he wanted to se it.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Oh, really? I just heard the news. I haven't seen the interview, but I heard he was admitting that.

Q. Is that the kind of thing you'd definitely want to see for yourself?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I mean, you know, I think everybody was expecting him to do that. I mean, it would be ridiculous for him to decline and refuse all the charges because it has been proven. They have like a thousand proofs that he's positive. I think it's a disgrace for the sport to have an athlete like this.

He cheated the sport. He cheated many people around the world with his career, with his life story. I think they should take all his titles away because it's not fair towards any sportsman, any athlete. It's just not the way to be successful. So I think he should suffer for his lies all these years.

Q. How comfortable are you that drug testing in tennis is rigorous enough?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, in tennis, you know, at least from my perspective, it's really good. Anti doping regulations a little bit maybe more strict in sense that you have to fill the whereabouts documents and you have to basically give an hour or two in every day of your life in a whole year, where you are.

But on the other hand, it gives them an opportunity to test you. And you know it is the same for the other players. At least from that point of view it's fair. And I have nothing against, you know, the anti doping federation, association, testing me 10, 20, 30 times a year.

I think as long as I know as many numbers of testing for the other players, I'll be happy.

Q. How about blood testing? The ITF records tell us in the whole of 2011 there was only 18 blood tests taken of the top players. How often would you or Andy or Roger or Rafa be blood tested?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I wasn't tested with blood for last six, seven months. It was more regularly in last two, three years ago. I don't know the reason why they stopped it.

As I said, I mean, as long as it's fair, it's clean, we're trying to protect the identity of this sport. I believe tennis players are one of the most cleanest athletes in the world and one of the most competitive sports.

So as long as we keep it that way, I have no complaints about testing.

Q. Would you disagree with Darren Cahill who said today that he believes the Anti Doping Program in tennis is inadequate and it's been going backwards in recent years?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: What is the reason for that?

Q. That's his opinion.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I mean, I don't know. There has to be a reason why he said that, backstory.

I know Darren. He's a great guy, somebody that knows tennis really well, so must be something why he said that.

But in my opinion, yeah, there has been a complaints from players in few years, last few years, about this whereabouts system. Why do we need to write where we are every single day of our 365 days when most of the time we're spending on the courts and so forth.

Maybe that is something that is, you know, questionable. But on the other hand as many urine, as many blood sample tests they take, the better. Then you're aware that it's a clean sport and everybody has the same treatment.

Q. I think part of the issue is out of competition blood testing is expensive to carry out. Do you think the ITF should make it more of a priority to spend more money on that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I mean, it's a question for them, I guess. From my point, I mean, I was more than clear. I have nothing against the blood tests, you know.

Even though I prefer urine more. I don't like the needles too much. But, of course, I mean, you know, the money in that direction should be invested because, you know, it's always let's say a safeguard for our sport that they're investing money in our sport that is going to protect our sport and players.

Q. A lot of cycling fans have lost a lot of faith in that sport now. Do you think tennis fans should be confidant that nothing like this...

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I lost a lot of faith in cycling. I used to watch it. All the big champions that were there, Marco Pantani, now Lance Armstrong. Yeah, I don't want to say all. I really don't know. There has been so much controversy about that sport.

I'm sure that there are many cyclists in the world who are training very hard and trying to not use any enhancing drugs for their competition.

But I think it's not acceptable that they have physically so much races in short period of the time. I think basically every single day, day and a half, they have to go through 200 miles. Uphill, downhill in Giro D'Italia, Tour de France, that's inhuman effort. As you can see, Lance Armstrong, many other big champions, had to use something to succeed.

Q. Do you think tennis fans should have faith that that won't happen the same way?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The results are showing that. In last few years there maybe has been one or two cases, but those players were more or less outside of the hundred. We are keeping this sport clean. We are working towards it. There is awareness with the players and with the officials. As long as is like that, we are in a good road.

Q. Would you be in favor of like a biological passport program that they're instituting in cycling for tennis?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I mean, you know, we can discuss about the options for a while. But generally I believe that the present regulations about anti doping tests in tennis are good, in my views. I don't think there should be any major changes because, as you know, it's official. We have to write where we are every day of our lives so they have an opportunity to test us every day of 365 days in a year.

I think that doesn't give anybody a chance to do something that is unsportsmanlike.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #183
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebedee View Post
The point about the Egg is that it can be used to mask EPO doping. Anti-doping bodies like WADA have expressed serious concerns about it although they can't actually ban its use.
I am aware of that. And you can correct me if I am wrong, but I think when that story about the egg was reported, nobody outside of inner (doping) circles knew that a machine like this could be used to mask EPO. I think the public (even most journalists) only became aware of that after the USADA report on Lance Armstrong came out, which is why I am suggesting the idea that this story could have initially been planted by Team Djokovic to deflect from the (possibly more sinister) things that he was really doing. But whatever the case may be, the whole thing has now backfired on them anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
probably meant war of attrition, which I agree with.

Only Nalbandian is fighting a war of nutrition...
Oops. I meant war of attrition, obviously.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #184
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

so- the egg can be used to mask EPO usage

EPO allows a player to play a 5 setter and be fresh he next day

and no one is fucking giving everyone bloodtests at the AO?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WIIH TENNIS WE ALL KNOW WHO IS ON IT
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #185
country flag zebedee

zebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond repute

The press were all over Djokovic at that interview and let's hope they keep the pressure on.

Aside from anything else, WADA has denounced the Egg as unsporting. Lower-ranked players can't get into one as they don't have the money. Elevating your red blood cell count in this way is obviously going to assist the player who can either afford or, like Djokovic, has a multi-millionaire fanboy in tow as well as his dodgy doctor.
zebedee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote