Christophe Rochus wants doping to be made legal - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #121
country flag Serverer

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christophe Rochus wants doping to be made legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
Number 5 is true and you know that Roger led the way with that right? So if all we need is hearsay, how would you feel if I told you I know some former pros and trainers who think that Roger is doping because no one can do X Y and Z like he does and they figure he must be doping.

Somehow I think your enthusiasm for guilty until proven innocent would subside very quickly.
You forget that this isnt a court of law. Everyone is free to form their own opinion based on the facts out there. And my opinion is that doping is likely rife in tennis.

As for Federer, im sure it was his master plan all along to get the surfaces to play so slow that he would have to run for 5 hours behind the baseline instead of playing attacking tennis.
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #122
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
You forget that this isnt a court of law. Everyone is free to form their own opinion based on the facts out there. And my opinion is that doping is likely rife in tennis.

As for Federer, im sure it was his master plan all along to get the surfaces to play so slow that he would have to run for 5 hours behind the baseline instead of playing attacking tennis.
This isn't a court of law but people are speaking as it if were and as if they had evidence.

Secondly Roger certainly made out well with tennis as it is and I have never heard anyone suggest he had anything but amazing stamina and conditioning, all things which are what doping in tennis would impact.

If you weren't so blind you would see that he is in the same boat with all successful tennis players today.
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #123
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond reputegentenaire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This isn't a court of law but people are speaking as it if were and as if they had evidence. .
We're saying it's extremely likely, that's all. Cat ...milk...
gentenaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #124
country flag RNW

RNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ch. Rochus talks about doping, suspects Soderling, maybe Rafa+ ATP threatened him

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post

We could have taken growth hormones, but we never did it. We thought it was not worthy. Maybe we should have…. Maybe we would have never been caught up… Maybe my brother would be 17 centimenters (6.69 inches) taller and he would have been in the top 10… Everyone has to make choices. Do we really want to be in the worldwide top at all cost or are we content to be just a very good athlete, it’s all personal?

This is actually very interesting/funny as well.

It's really hard to imagine Olivier Rochus 17 centimeters taller.
[Suicide T.]: Winner of WTF Masters London 2013, Shanghai 2012 & Montpellier 2013
[TT]: -
RNW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #125
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
That's absurd his unfounded accusations on nadal and soderling. This guy is a nobody.
So?

A nobody has little to lose and is more likely to be frank.

Silent bans, I doubt it woman.

My first suspect for juicing would be Bjorn Borg. Resting heart rate of 34 BPMs. This guy had to be on something.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #126
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ch. Rochus talks about doping, suspects Soderling, maybe Rafa+ ATP threatened him

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNW View Post
This is actually very interesting/funny as well.

It's really hard to imagine Olivier Rochus 17 centimeters taller.
He'd have been a beast of a player if he was.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #127
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This isn't a court of law but people are speaking as it if were and as if they had evidence.

Secondly Roger certainly made out well with tennis as it is and I have never heard anyone suggest he had anything but amazing stamina and conditioning, all things which are what doping in tennis would impact.

If you weren't so blind you would see that he is in the same boat with all successful tennis players today.
Please define both.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #128
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
3?
Yes. But I think (and it is the obvious thing to imagine, otherwise will be very stupid) that the player can't say "no" to a doping control if he meets the ATP workers; if the ATP workers don't find him (in the place and at the time that the player says) three times, then the player is punished.
FITD: #17 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #17 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #1 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #12 (Best: #12) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #127 (Best: #126) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Grigor Dimitrov - Richard Gasquet - Stanislas Wawrinka - Mikhail Youzhny - Tommy Haas - Ernests Gulbis - Dominic Thiem - Malek Jaziri - Ricardas Berankis - Marton Fucsovics - James McGee - Borna Coric - Juan Lizariturry
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #129
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Rochus wants doping to be made legal because on his best days his couldn't beat retired Kim and pregnant Henin. He's a joke tbh.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #130
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Please define both.
Not really too arcane my friend.

Roger, like all of our modern greats, has great lungs, conditioning, speed which he keeps up over long matches and so on. Those who go on about how he is a "natural" (which all of these top guys are really in a sense) downplay this or perhaps even miss it entirely. He is rarely out of breath, rarely sweating profusely etc.

A suspicious and conspiracy minded individual could give all that a different reading than I would.
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #131
country flag Xam'd

Xam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, Personally I think he obviously just made provocative statement here to have attention on this subject, no way he believes doping would be legalized. That said with current joke testing system there is even silent acceptance to doping, so in this light his comment makes all the sense . So I think (as many others) that they should rather be way stricter with testing, right now obviously rly huge percent of players use at least something to recover more quickly if nothing else, it might even be that competition is so tough that not using something is too much of an handicap currently so in the end it's quite easy to justify using doping to yourself too...
Xam'd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #132
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
That's absurd his unfounded accusations on nadal and soderling. This guy is a nobody.
Yet more than anyone on MTF in the tennis world, but MTF makes more outrageous statements that tards believe word for word.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #133
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
You do know that there's illegal substances that can lower chances of injuries, right?
What, did they find a way to fit yoga into needles?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #134
country flag r3d_d3v1l_

r3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond repute

The Soderling mention actually makes a lot of sense. It´s amazing how these things fly below the radar, but if you look at it... Soderling came from a foot injury when playing Wimbledon. 3 weeks later he probably played one of the most powerfull perfomances i have ever seen on clay. The way he demolished Berdych and Ferrer was outstanding.

And then... he disappears.

Isn´t this suspicious? And i like Soderling, but this doesn´t add up.
r3d_d3v1l_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #135
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

For sure doping shouldn't be legal, at least in tennis. Doping could change the nature of tennis too much. Eventuially everybody would be a tirelessly grinding strong ballbasher.

Stanislas Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Wawrinka winning the 2014 Australian Open is the best thing happened to tennis since Federer winning Wimbledon in 2003
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote