•°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #616
country flag Litotes
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 41
Posts: 31,374
Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Still in the other forum I always allowed late picks because it as the most fair . Oh well different rues and I have to accept it Best of luck to you
I'd accept late picks if it was up to me, but I've seen several ask already and all of them being referred to the rules in the OP so no chance here, I'm afraid.

Thanks I don't think I'll win, but I'll try. Have yet to win a tournament. The closest was in Shanghai when I had Murray in the final and he blew some match points....
Litotes is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #617
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,460
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Rafa H2H with Rosol was 0-0 not 11-1 Different scenario completely . If you believe theres isnt such thing as 0 chances in tennis then why do you think Ferrer has 0% then

Federer is old and doesnt have the defense Nole has . Also Berdych somehow reads Feds serve better than anyone else . Not the case with Nole Different matchups completely
bc i think ferrer lacks power in his game, he is just trying to get the ball inside, as a person i like him but as a player he is boring and thats why his h2h v the top is weak.

birdy took rafa to a 5 set last year, he is strong and a good player and if he has a little persistence he would have won a slam, ferrer has persistence but he is not that good to win a slam.
ferrer reach just 1 SF in a slam, birdy was a runner up on 2 different courst
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #618
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,460
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

winnie about federer being old, let me remind u that the old men gave nole a bagel and won back to back 2 young bodys in wimby SF/F
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #619
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,745
Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
bc i think ferrer lacks power in his game, he is just trying to get the ball inside, as a person i like him but as a player he is boring and thats why his h2h v the top is weak.

birdy took rafa to a 5 set last year, he is strong and a good player and if he has a little persistence he would have won a slam, ferrer has persistence but he is not that good to win a slam.
ferrer reach just 1 SF in a slam, birdy was a runner up on 2 different courst
Some fallacies in your argument

1) You believe there is nothing like 0% in tennis but still think Ferrer has 0%
2) Birdy never took Rafa to 5 last year . He lost in 4 and that match actually summed up why Berdych has 0% chance . He was hitting powerfully at the corners and because of the slow courts , Rafa got the balls back and Tomas made a unforced error . That is what will happen against Nole
3)Thats your opinion about Ferrer . I dont think Berdy has any chance to win a slam because he is just a mindless ball basher
4) I know for sure you dont follow tennis as Ferrer reached 2 semis alone last year and should have reached the final at wimbledon had it not been for that choke in set 2
Just to correct you Ferrer has reached the semis in 3 slams and was close to the 4th , same as Tomas who has also reached 3 semis
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #620
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,745
Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
winnie about federer being old, let me remind u that the old men gave nole a bagel and won back to back 2 young bodys in wimby SF/F
and still was unable to track down Berdychs fast balls . His problem is that he is half a step slower and as a result gets half a second later to the balls . In pro tennis , half a second is teh difference between an easy forehand winner to just getting the ball back in the court . Those balls are pounded by Tomas . Novak and andy dont have the power to hit through Fed
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #621
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,745
Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

This is how fast Fed actually was against players who pounded the ball . See those passing shot winners which are non existant now

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #622
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,460
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Some fallacies in your argument

1) You believe there is nothing like 0% in tennis but still think Ferrer has 0%
2) Birdy never took Rafa to 5 last year . He lost in 4 and that match actually summed up why Berdych has 0% chance . He was hitting powerfully at the corners and because of the slow courts , Rafa got the balls back and Tomas made a unforced error . That is what will happen against Nole
3)Thats your opinion about Ferrer . I dont think Berdy has any chance to win a slam because he is just a mindless ball basher
4) I know for sure you dont follow tennis as Ferrer reached 2 semis alone last year and should have reached the final at wimbledon had it not been for that choke in set 2
Just to correct you Ferrer has reached the semis in 3 slams and was close to the 4th , same as Tomas who has also reached 3 semis
shame on me, i was sure birdy and rafa went to an epic 5 set.
as u can see im not a ferrer fan bc i dont like his game, his only real chance is RG and even then i doubt it.
i dont see birdy as a mindless ball basher and i think players will be more happy to play v ferrer then birdy and not just fed.
i know a lot of ppl think ferrer could have take out nole in USO this year but again i doubt it, i see him as a pusher who just put the ball back into court and he is super Persistence, that with rafa MIA gave him the n4 ranking.
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #623
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,460
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
and still was unable to track down Berdychs fast balls . His problem is that he is half a step slower and as a result gets half a second later to the balls . In pro tennis , half a second is teh difference between an easy forehand winner to just getting the ball back in the court . Those balls are pounded by Tomas . Novak and andy dont have the power to hit through Fed
so its just a matter of the court?
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #624
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,460
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
This is how fast Fed actually was against players who pounded the ball . See those passing shot winners which are non existant now

i love watching them play v each other, fed was super fast.
he is moving like a bunny
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #625
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,745
Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
shame on me, i was sure birdy and rafa went to an epic 5 set.
as u can see im not a ferrer fan bc i dont like his game, his only real chance is RG and even then i doubt it.
i dont see birdy as a mindless ball basher and i think players will be more happy to play v ferrer then birdy and not just fed.
i know a lot of ppl think ferrer could have take out nole in USO this year but again i doubt it, i see him as a pusher who just put the ball back into court and he is super Persistence, that with rafa MIA gave him the n4 ranking.
asd you can see I an niether a Ferrer nor a Berdych fan Ferrer isnt a pusher , he is a player who hits some fantastic forehands and has a fantastic transition . Not what a pusher like Monaco can do

Tomas on the other hand has only 1 way to play . Hit hard and if it fails , then just hit harder . Classic defination of mindless ball basher

Players will definately choose Tomas over Ferrer because to beat Ferrer , you have to have a lot of stamina which just many players dont have . To beat Tomas , all you have to do is wait for the UF machine to come which is more often . They will have more chance to beat Tomas as a result as there is more chance he becomes a UF machine than them outgrinding Ferrer
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #626
country flag IncrediBale
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,688
IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Pfff Nole 2nd night session,bad one
__________________
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #627
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,745
Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
i love watching them play v each other, fed was super fast.
he is moving like a bunny
it stunning when you see how much he has lost That court was a very quick one too
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #628
country flag August
Registered User
 
August's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Back in Finland
Age: 24
Posts: 4,861
August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

I'll have an exam on thursday morning at 8am (i.e. 5pm Australian time) and it'll take a couple of hours. My biggest fear was that there will be an interesting match during the exam. And now I'm afraid that Rosol-Raonic starts when I'll have to leave to the Uni and Rosol triple-bagels Raonic faster than I do the exam.
__________________
My blog: August on Sports
My twitter: @AugustOnSports


Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #629
country flag Ben.
Registered User
 
Ben.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 12,897
Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

What's going on here? Ferrer has reached 4 slam SFs!

Amber, looks like your thoughts on Ferrer are ripped straight from a Lenders post.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #630
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,460
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
What's going on here? Ferrer has reached 4 slam SFs!

Amber, looks like your thoughts on Ferrer are ripped straight from a Lenders post.
Lol what Manuel has got to my post?
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios