Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 262 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #3916
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

I can't believe how nervous I'm getting for Hewitt.
You'd think I'd haven gotten used to the ups and downs by now (emphasis on the downs these days).

Come on, Lleyton.

Edit: Aargh, he didn't serve it out in the 2nd set.
It's going to be a highly frustrating AO to follow, I fear.

Edit n°2:
Hewitt

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-14-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #3917
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Sorry Hilde!
Seems Lleyton's not doing well vs Tipsy. And all those wins before the AO, he seemed at least somewhat getting back to his old self . What a pity!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #3918
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Blah Hewitt lost and Tipsarevic won - double whammy

In better news I just caught the tram back to the city with Enric That was the first time I'd spoken to him this AO
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #3919
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

You're such a stalker dedicated fan, peta
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #3920
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
You're such a stalker dedicated fan, peta
Aren't I?

As always he was lovely. Asked me which matches I'd watched today and then was talking to me about the young Aussies coming through - much like Ramos was the other day

It wouldn't be an Australian Open if I didn't get to have a chat with Enric
Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #3921
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Most people equate Brussels with the EU and thus with boring bureaucracy.

The city is more than that.
Anything in particular that you would recommend me seeing there?
I basically think I'll have one more free day in Belgium outside of a day in Bruges 2 in Gent (2 cos I'm staying in Gent and need to be nearby to get to a football match on one of them). I'm trying to decide which other city I could go to other than Antwerp which I already saw in '09.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #3922
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Aren't I?

As always he was lovely. Asked me which matches I'd watched today and then was talking to me about the young Aussies coming through - much like Ramos was the other day

It wouldn't be an Australian Open if I didn't get to have a chat with Enric
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! *Now I'm envious*
Did he show new pics of his daughter? She must be growing so fast.
And did you give him the best regards from his MTF fanclub? We have neglected his tread.

Not a good day for the Aussies today though. Some tough losses like Barty and Ebden and some others I'm forgetting now.

Last edited by MariaV : 01-14-2013 at 01:12 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #3923
country flag MariaV

And where are our Greek friends cheering for Marcos? 5th set.

At least beautiful Ana looked beautiful in her yellow of what I saw.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #3924
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! *Now I'm envious*
Did he show new pics of his daughter? She must be growing so fast.
And did you give him the best regards from his MTF fanclub? We have neglected his tread, I should update it in case any of his colleagues drop by.

Not a good day for the Aussies today though. Some tough losses like Barty and Ebden and some others I'm forgetting now.
No, we were standing on a squishy tram He did get his phone out to check the draw of Luke Saville though after I told him he was an Aussie WC. I saw a photo of his daughter on his phone photo

Yes Ebden and Barty they were tough losses as was Millman tonight in 5 to Ito. 9 Aussies played today I think for 1 winner and that was Stosur who everyone basically had written off from winning matches here
Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #3925
country flag MariaV

Yep, good ol' Sam was the only winner or so.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #3926
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anything in particular that you would recommend me seeing there?
The historic heart of the city isn't big.

There's the gorgeous grand place (can't be missed, preferably also watch it at night when it's beautifully lit + the Tintin shop is very close)

(Each year around in June or July, they put a flower carpet on the grand place but I always forget to go and look at it)

Nearby is the Rue des Bouchers, known as Brussels' Belly, full of cafés and restaurants (you can eat very well there at a reasonable price but since there are many restaurants within a small area, you will greeted by many men and women on the streets trying to lure you into their restaurant. Don't let them rush you and make your own choice)

Nearby is also the "Saint Hubert Royal Gallery", which is just beautiful to walk through.

If you love opera, the Brussels Opera House (La Monnaie - De Munt) has an excellent reputation. I know that not long ago, it was voted as "best of Europe" by renound opera critics and such. (which greatly annoyed the Germans )

The trendy & creative fashion area of Brussels can be found in the area of the Dansaert street (which starts opposite the Stock Exchange).
Other shopping tips: the Louisa Avenue has the more posh boutiques and the regular shops can be found in the Rue Neuve.

Brussels also has quite an interesting area full of antiques shops & flea markets. The best known are to be found in the "Sablon" area.

Of course, there's the royal palace (you can visit it in the summer from the end of July until the beginning of September). Very near to that palace is a number of museums, incl. the Magritte museum. On visitbrussels.be, you can make your own choice of museums to pick. I like the comic book museum as well, if only for the gorgeous building it's in

There's The Atomium which is also fun to watch (again, beautifully lit at night) which is a bit outside of the main city but can be reached by public transport easily (there's also a cinema complex there for instance & mini-Europe). You can go inside the Atomium to look at the skyline of Brussels + there's a restaurant inside as well.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #3927
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
I basically think I'll have one more free day in Belgium outside of a day in Bruges 2 in Gent (2 cos I'm staying in Gent and need to be nearby to get to a football match on one of them). I'm trying to decide which other city I could go to other than Antwerp which I already saw in '09.
which other cities did you have in mind?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #3928
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

The Brel's Foundation also has to be seen
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #3929
country flag Castafiore

I haven't visited that yet.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #3930
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread