*** The L'Yvo-fanclub *** - Page 320 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #4786
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** The L'Yvo-fanclub ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Sorry to hear that

Hope you'll feel better soon
thankyou sweety~~

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #4787
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
I´m sorry for this

Hope you can be okay again soon
thanks for your kind
Old 01-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #4788
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
I am sorry for this Big hug for you, hope you'll soon feel better
thankyou so much my dear~~I will be OK
Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #4789
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
I usually prefer the Netherlands, but many people don't understand which country I mean until I mention Holland. Still I think Holland is not the right naming, because it refers to only two of the twelve provinces. And I don't live in one of those two...

I didn't know they all used to have their own coin. Must be a long time ago, because the provinces are named different now.

In general when I am travelling or read articles about a country, I get a bit of a mood for that. When I joined back in 2002 I had spent my summer holidays (or at least 3,5 week of them) in Finland. It was a special holiday for me, because I learned a lot about myself (I was 17 back then).

I love Switzerland, and their people. And their sportsmen are great too.
Really? I've seen a lot of "Holland" where it should have been "The Netherlands" but I haven't met anyone who didn't understand the latter. Though, it has to be said, I haven't tried out all that many....

Most of the provinces had their own coinage until the 1790s. The citys stopped earlier and their coinage is more difficult to obtain. One thing I like about old Dutch coinage is the colourful denominations. I have a 6 1/4 stuiver from Groningen, a 48 stuiver from Frisia and - the piece the resistance - a ½ 3 gulden from Frisia. You might wonder what the last one was worth. The answer is 1½. ½ 3 is taken to mean "half of three". I know of no other country where such kind of denomination has been used.

What flag would you have chosen if you were to join a forum today?
Litotes is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #4790
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? I've seen a lot of "Holland" where it should have been "The Netherlands" but I haven't met anyone who didn't understand the latter. Though, it has to be said, I haven't tried out all that many....

Most of the provinces had their own coinage until the 1790s. The citys stopped earlier and their coinage is more difficult to obtain. One thing I like about old Dutch coinage is the colourful denominations. I have a 6 1/4 stuiver from Groningen, a 48 stuiver from Frisia and - the piece the resistance - a ½ 3 gulden from Frisia. You might wonder what the last one was worth. The answer is 1½. ½ 3 is taken to mean "half of three". I know of no other country where such kind of denomination has been used.

What flag would you have chosen if you were to join a forum today?
Of course I have to mention regularly that I am Dutch... but I think it is pretty much confusing.
Holland / the Netherlands / Dutch. Why is it all that different?

The collection sounds very interesting, I never knew about these different coins. I should try and find more information about that. Esp the ½ 3 coin, funny to write 1½ like that.

Most probably Norway or Iceland. I went to a "holiday fair" last Saturday, collecting information about Holiday destinations. My bf and I are quite interested in visiting one of these countries this summer.

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #4791
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Why different? I have no idea. About "Dutch" that is derived from "Deutch", I think. Or possible the other way around. Never came across that piece of information in any history book I've read, not that I remember anyway, just a qualified guess.

If you're interested I have a couple of links to Dutch coin pages. Can't read them very well myself but I've still found them useful on occasion.

Best of luck with your holiday plans Lots of different possibilities there. Iceland, with just over 300 000 inhabitants, is more than twice the size of the Netherlands...strange to think about, really. And Norway three times as large again.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #4792
country flag SUKTUEN

looking forward for tmr dinner with good friends~
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #4793
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have a nice time, Suk.

I'm bored today, cannot do my work because all systems and internet are down...
Panthera is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #4794
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Hope you have a nice time, Suk.

I'm bored today, cannot do my work because all systems and internet are down...
Oh GOD~~~so you sit at the office and nothing to do??
Old 01-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #4795
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Without system nothing to do, so Im on my mobile reading websites...
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #4796
country flag SUKTUEN

I always busy at office
Old 01-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #4797
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why different? I have no idea. About "Dutch" that is derived from "Deutch", I think. Or possible the other way around. Never came across that piece of information in any history book I've read, not that I remember anyway, just a qualified guess.

If you're interested I have a couple of links to Dutch coin pages. Can't read them very well myself but I've still found them useful on occasion.

Best of luck with your holiday plans Lots of different possibilities there. Iceland, with just over 300 000 inhabitants, is more than twice the size of the Netherlands...strange to think about, really. And Norway three times as large again.
But Deutsch is German... So that would be a different country.

Can't wait to start travelling, still need to plan all my holidays this year. Might have to break my tradition to visit Switzerland.

Hopp Suisse!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #4798
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

I am happy when January has ended, I have too many things planned this month

Hopp Suisse!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #4799
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

I am also happy with january ending, because I'll have a 10 days vacations starting on january 31
Old 01-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #4800
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Ah nice, holidays! Have you planned anything special?

I am counting down to February 9, the start of Rotterdam tournament

Hopp Suisse!
Closed Thread