Fed's QF streak has ended. - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:03 AM   #151
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's QF streak has ended.

Roger is 31+ already.

I am not as optimistic as his most ardent fans about his chances.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #152
country flag lemon99

lemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous thread. Reading some posts one would think the guy was out of the Top 50 and hadn't won a match - let alone a tournament - for ages
I can't believe how masochistic some Fed fans are - digging his grave before every GS
lemon99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #153
country flag Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute

Victory fans are like that. I'm not worried, Murray, Nole and maybe Delpo are the only ones that scare me.
Mercury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #154
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

The exhos is south america were quite competitve. I had the privilege of watching Roger live in Bogota in was a quite good match

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #155
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon99 View Post
Ridiculous thread. Reading some posts one would think the guy was out of the Top 50 and hadn't won a match - let alone a tournament - for ages
I can't believe how masochistic some Fed fans are - digging his grave before every GS
what's ridiculous is that people feel like making extreme statements, and there are ones from both sides :

- "Fed's QF streak has ended" ... but at least the persons who say that say it for fun, they're not serious, not like the ones in the second case ;

- "Fed is through to the SFs" or "only Djokovic, Murray and Del Po or Berdych are dangerous to Fed"

Both are as ridiculous imo.

Besides, for those who say that Fed "owns" Davydenko on the only basis of a 17-2 number without considering how tight many of those matches were, the 9-2 record of Davydenko over Berdych can also be opposed to them.

Seriously, I don't get how Berdych or del Po would be that much more dangerous to Davydenko and Tomic considering what they respectively have done so far this year.

For Fed, it will be his first matches of the year : 2 years ago he struggled against Schoorel and Chiudinelli in that situation (before playing great in the end of the tournament and winning it).

Of course it's dangerous to play Paire who defeated Cilic this year, and Dabydenko who defeated Ferrer this year, and Tomic who just won Sydney, in this situation !

Most likely is that he will reach QFs but it's surely dangerous, the fools who deny the uncertainty of sport in this forum just deny the reality of sport

Last edited by duong : 01-13-2013 at 06:01 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #156
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Victory fans are like that. I'm not worried, Murray, Nole and maybe Delpo are the only ones that scare me.
no the victory fans are people like you who only care about matches against best players and deny the possibility of losing in early matches, seeing Fed as a kind of invulnerable God. That "Fed is a God" thing which so many Fedtards are about

I care about EVERY Fed's match, whoever he faces, and especially when his opponents are Davydenko and Paire rather than Kudryavtsev and Beck.

And I like him even if he loses.

I will not be there saying "he should not lose those matches" as some have said in this thread, if it happens.

I will just say "pity, not his best form, bad draw", which will be the truth actually if it happens.

Fed himself said "I'm focused on first round".

Last edited by duong : 01-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #157
country flag Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
no the victory fans are people like you who only care about matches against best players and deny the possibility of losing in early matches, seeing Fed as a kind of invulnerable God. That "Fed is a God" thing which so many Fedtards are about

I care about EVERY Fed's match, whoever he faces, and especially when his opponents are Davydenko and Paire rather than Kudryavtsev and Beck.

And I like him even if he loses.

I will not be there saying "he should not lose those matches" as some have said in this thread, if it happens.

I will just say "pity, not his best form, bad draw", which will be the truth actually if it happens.

Fed himself said "I'm focused on first round".
Oh please get off the shrine you built for yourself. You think being a Fed fan means shaking your panties off every time he has a match? That's fanboyism at its finest, "oh nooooo, Fed's been broken, aaaahhhhh".

I believe in my man and I believe the rest of the tour can't hurt him much if he gives it 30% and so I don't shit my pants every time he hits the court. That's also why when he loses I don't go running round the forum spamming injuries, old age and bad draws.

Calling me a victory fan then saying I should be crapping my pants every time he's broken like you do? Please.
Mercury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #158
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Calling me a victory fan then saying I should be crapping my pants every time he's broken like you do? Please.
it's you who called the others "victory fans", I just said that the definition will more likely lead to excess of pretention like yours.

I personally think saying 30% of Fed is enough to beat Davydenkos and Paires is "fanboyism at its worst"

Quote:
That's also why when he loses I don't go running round the forum spamming injuries, old age and bad draws.
yes when he loses, you will say he made a complex or he had "no balls" or he was stupid, whatever, because you pretend that if he really made his best he would win, I know this kind, it's the kind I mostly dislike because they have no respect both for Fed as a person and for the other players.

I will not necessarily blame injuries if he loses, Fed is just a sportsman, he can have bad days and his opponents can be better than him

Last edited by duong : 01-13-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #159
country flag LiamMFC

LiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond repute

Not read through all the posts to get the jist, but here's my input/predictions.

-Roger federer to win number 18, and his last.
-Djokovic to fall before the final.
-Djokovic never to win another slam.
-Some new faces to win slams this year too hopefully - this a wish rather than a prediction.
LiamMFC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #160
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMFC View Post
Not read through all the posts to get the jist, but here's my input/predictions.

-Some new faces to win slams this year too hopefully - this a wish rather than a prediction.
u dont think fed has a chance at wimby this year? i think he always has a change there
nole is soon 26, yes not young but not old, why do u think he wont win a slam again?
who can take off nole bc the SF/F? birdy??
about the nre faces, i agree
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #161
country flag LiamMFC

LiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond reputeLiamMFC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
u dont think fed has a chance at wimby this year? i think he always has a change there
nole is soon 26, yes not young but not old, why do u think he wont win a slam again?
who can take off nole bc the SF/F? birdy??
about the nre faces, i agree
Fed definitely has a chance at wimby, and I'm prematurely predicting tennis months in advance when it's difficult to predict even weeks, but my instincts say its Murray.

My thing with Nole and no further slams came about after the French last year. I just felt that could prove a major mental stumbling block in the near future. He'll most likely prove me wrong as there are few challengers out there, but who knows. Berdych would definitely be a tough one for him, but it could just be a Rosol type scenario.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #162
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute

Duong forget one thing about Davydenko, he has an awful stamina. Even if he put himself in a winning position, he will be exhausted too soon, considering that Federer won't lose in straights against him. Tomic worry me a little, though.
bounccer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #163
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fed definitely has a chance at wimby, and I'm prematurely predicting tennis months in advance when it's difficult to predict even weeks, but my instincts say its Murray.

My thing with Nole and no further slams came about after the French last year. I just felt that could prove a major mental stumbling block in the near future. He'll most likely prove me wrong as there are few challengers out there, but who knows. Berdych would definitely be a tough one for him, but it could just be a Rosol type scenario.
well if fed will win AO i really dont care who will win wimby
nole isnt done at all, he is playing great and i think he will win more slams, him and murray

Berdych is not rosol, no one will be if he will take out nole, he isnt a nobody like rosol
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #164
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

yup, you know it, we know it. Call Santa 1 800 222 1234 .
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #165
country flag LiamMFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
well if fed will win AO i really dont care who will win wimby
nole isnt done at all, he is playing great and i think he will win more slams, him and murray

Berdych is not rosol, no one will be if he will take out nole, he isnt a nobody like rosol
I wasn't clear; I was meaning to say Berdych is the obvious toughy in his draw, but he could be defeated also by someone else in a Rosol type scenario that nobody is forseeing. Like any player can of course, when we get ahead of ourselves and talk of match-ups further into the tournament.

All the evidence points towards nole winning future slams, I just have had this niggling feeling that I can't explain that he won't. I don't dislike Novak, so I hope I am wrong.