Is the dominance of tennis moving on to Djokovic and Murray? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will dominate tennis (the slams) in the next few years?

Djokovic and Murray 26 50.00%
Djokovic, Murray and Nadal 10 19.23%
The big 4 9 17.31%
There will be no dominance in the slams and we'll have several different winners. 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #46
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the dominance of tennis moving on to Djokovic and Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
I agree with part of our post
If fed wouldnt have to face the best clay court ever he would have had 6 RG titles, 5 he lost to rafa and 1 he has

Can u say the same about rafa? He lost 2 HC slams to nole, won one in 2010 and 2009 and that's it

Fed is better on clay then rafa on HC

Rafa stopped the "beast" he could have had 5 AO 6 RG 8 wimby

But I'm all if competition, it's best for everyone
Federer probably is better than on clay than Rafa is on hardcourt but there is a strong note to be taken in the other posters point that the HC fields are much tougher than the clay court fields, less players these days are comfortable on clay, I suppose thats due to so many clubs people grow up with being indoor and outdoor hard.

also Nadal was points here and there from winning AO 2012 so. he's certainly an all court player, just look at his W-L on hard, it's incredibly good, now is he the caliber of Djokovic and Federer as far as consistency on that surface? no? but he can play extremely well on hard at times. if not for the knee problem he probably would have won a few more hard slams by the end of his career, which I suppose is still possible

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #47
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
recall he made many hard court finals in 2011 as well as Wimbledon Final, US Open, Australian OPen 2012 and then was out for the majority of the hard court portion of the 2012 season

his results in 2011 and the portion of 2012 he played actually support him as being a very good hard court player, I mean he made 2 hard court slam finals in a row 2011-2012

it is an illusion that just because you don't win the hard court title, you're a bad hard court player. people point out this drought of non clay titles yet ignore the unusual nature of how many finals he lost in 2011
I didn't say he is a bad HC player, I just think a player at his level should win more outside of clay
Yes in 2011 he list a lot to nole but there are a lot if other HC events

It's been a long time since his last title outside of clay

I wonder what will be this year, will he flourish in April and may in the clay season and just like the last year that's it? Or will he come back and win a title?

I think 80% if rafas title are clay
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #48
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

uhhh hard to say until 2013 gets rolling

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #49
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

If Nadal wasn't there Fed would've had at least 3-4 more RG titles.
And if it wasn't for Fed Nadal would've had at least a couple more non-RG titles.

Nadal may not be as all-around great as Fed (but who is...compared to the goat) but he really isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Sure he has only 4 non-RG titles but he nearly always stumbled upon either Fed or Novak both in excellent prime form. And on top of that he's injured most of the time. He could've easily had at least 8 non-RG titles by now. He lost a couple back to back non-RG titles to Novak who is the best one right now and a great HC player playing in GOD mode up until last year.
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #50
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Well Novak is excellent on clay...........second best to Nadal without question today..........3 clay Masters(Fed has 4 I think) RG final,few SF at RG,a lot of clay finals plus other clay titles............and he won Wimlbedon........Novak at his best can dominate everywhere......that is a proven fact unlike Murray(still has time to prove me wrong)
Not certain, but I think Fed has 6 clay masters.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #51
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
Nadal is amazing on hard courts when he's at his top level, but when he plays average, he's much more vulnerable than on the others surface. Djokovic is not better on grass, probably worse despite his Wimbledon title.

Federer on clay = Nadal on hard (the field is way tougher on hard courts than on clay) > Djokovic on grass > Murray on clay
Yes, I agree with you. In addition, I would say (on average) that Federer on clay is a little bit better than Nadal on hard courts but Nadal on clay is a little bit better than Federer on grass. But very difficult to say and compare (only talking in terms of domination).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
sadly the grass season is so short
im not suprised rafa find wimby 'exotic', i think if u will ask tennis players, men and woman - if they could win a slam what will be their wish, i believe 99% will say wimby so rafa is no different
Yes We need more grass. It will be fine to add 2 more extra weeks to the grass season: Halle can be a Masters 1000, Queen an ATP 500 and the Newport tournament can be on the first week of the grass court season.
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet - Dominic Thiem - Santiago Giraldo - Kenny de Schepper
Youzhny - Berdych - Nishikori - Cilic - Gulbis - Istomin - Lu - Klizan - Haas - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - Wang - McGee - Lizariturry

Last edited by VamosRafaNadal : 01-12-2013 at 10:46 PM.
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #52
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
Not certain, but I think Fed has 6 clay masters.
2 Madrid and 2 Hamburg ones
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #53
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Only 1 in Nadal fans minds
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #54
country flag Honestly
Banned!

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Nadal? What is he doing in this poll?
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #55
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Definetely.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #56
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by green25814 View Post
Djokovic and Murray are by definition all-court players. It just happens to be that Federer is amazing on grass while Nadal is unbeatable on clay.
No. Murray is pretty much a non-factor on clay, and that's despite a very weak clay field. Djokovic's movement on grass is atrocious. Slipping and sliding everywhere. Even on clay he has matches where he's struggling to stay upright.

Quote:
Federer has 4 Hamburg titles.
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #57
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well Novak is excellent on clay...........second best to Nadal without question today..........3 clay Masters(Fed has 4 I think) RG final,few SF at RG,a lot of clay finals plus other clay titles............and he won Wimlbedon........Novak at his best can dominate everywhere......that is a proven fact unlike Murray(still has time to prove me wrong)
Roger has 4 Hamburg titles alone. Roger has 6 clay masters 1000 titles, 4 Hamburg + 2 Madrid.

Also he has made an additional 7 clay masters 1000 finals.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #58
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Roger has 4 Hamburg titles alone. Roger has 6 clay masters 1000 titles, 4 Hamburg + 2 Madrid.

Also he has made an additional 7 clay masters 1000 finals.
he won hamburg in 2002 and 2007 I think.........where are the other 2?
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #59
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
Thanks for the link to the article. It comes in the line of te article I posted the link on OP.

And this thread was also supposed to discuss why are we having more and more so called tennis experts claiming that Djokovic and Murray will dominate while Federer and Nadal are done.

The truth is Djokovic has been the most consistent player the last 2 years with 4 slams won and 2 more finals. And I agree he may dominate the sport.

If we look at the past 2 years:

Slam Titles:
Djokovic - 4
nadal - 2
Federer - 1
murray - 1

Slam Finals:
Djokovic - 6
nadal - 5
murray - 3
Federer - 2

So it's clear Roger was the least consistent in slams the past 2 years. But nadal is clearly ahead of Murray.

We don't even have seen nadal play after his injury problems. Who knows what level he will achieve.

Why are so many experts saying we will have a Djokovic and murray domination? Imo their logic is the following Roger is getting old and nadal is done due to his injuries, also there are no youngsters out there to challenge Djokovic and Murray (or should I say were ). This kind of makes sense.

If you take Roger and Nadal out of the picture who will stop Djokovic and Murray from winning almost all slams for the next 2/3 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
British media trying to make me cheer for Fed at AO.
Seems like I'm not the only one with that kind of feeling.

All this talk about how Nolandy will overtake Fedal makes me more sympathetic towards nadal even though I never liked his game and himself.

Last edited by duarte_a : 01-13-2013 at 01:01 AM.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #60
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
he won hamburg in 2002 and 2007 I think.........where are the other 2?
He won Hamburg in 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2007. Didn't play in 2006 due to 5 setter in Rome final and lost in 2008 final to nadal in a tight 3 setter.

Was always a great clay tourney for Roger. Too bad they didn't give it the non-mandatory masters 1000 status as MC got.