2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #31
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Australia, new adventure begins in Down Under

I think Gilles is going to come good tomorrow. I don't know. I just think that if Gilles is on and Jarkko is on, Gilles is still the better player. Jarrko's serve isn't huge so he won't blow Gilles off the court with that and he's basically like Gilles in being more of a grinder from the baseline and Gilles moves better than him so I think unless Gilles plays like utter garbage like he did against Baggy tomorrow, he should come away with the W.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #32
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he is a better player than Jarkko, one doesn't need to look further than the ranking to figure that out. The question mark that I have is whether Gilles will be "on". Jarkko's previous match indicated that he's in good form (granted, Phau was probably really bad), Gilles' last match indicated that he's not in good form. Hence, my concern.

But anyway, they'll be on court in another 9 hrs, we'll find out if Gilles made good use of past few days to up his form enough to fend of the defending champ. Allez Gilles.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #33
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles withdrew with a neck injury . What a disastrous start to this season, why is he never healthy?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #34
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Well, so much for positive thinking. I tried with the Jarkko match but now this? So I guess it's back on the negative bandwagon for me.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #35
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

so much for being healthy for the new season, that doesn't last long does it?!$%@. Neck injury and not enough matches to get in form, this doesn't bode well for AO. Damnit, this really sucks big time. Gilles
Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #36
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Not the neck injury again
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #37
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

He can't never be in peace more than 2 tournaments in a row , always the back/neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #38
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he'll be fine for the Open :s
Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #39
country flag lalaland

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226550360856

THE Sydney International is in the grip of a Frenchmen's curse, with a third top player from France pulling out of the tournament through injury.

Second seed Gilles Simon, who was champion in Sydney in 2011, hurt his neck playing doubles last night. The world No.16 says his neck complaint has been an ongoing problem for several years now and flares up every two months or so.

While he was making his announcement, over on the outside courts sixth seed Radek Stepanek had to stop after just four points in his second round match with last year's Sydney runner-up Julien Benneteau with a strained upper back muscle.

So that's four men's seeds that have been bundled out by injury and not by a match result. At least Stepanek had played the first round here. He was forced to withdraw from Brisbane with an eye infection before hitting a ball in anger.

Simon had been given a bye as one of the top four seeds and was due to make his first appearance at Sydney Olympic Park today.

"It is more with the bones and the nerves," said Simon of his neck injury. "I am trying to find some solutions because it happens too many times. Unfortunately it is not easy as the shape of my back is not as it should be. I feel better today but not good enough to go on the court and play."

Simon's withdrawal follows fellow Frenchmen and the events two top seeds Jo Wilfried Tsonga (hamstring) and Richard Gasquet (personal issues) pulling out last Saturday on the eve of competition.

Simon was due to meet the 2012 winner Jarkko Nieminen (Finland) today for a spot in the quarter-finals.

The Frenchman suffered the same problem in Sydney 12 months ago and had to withdraw when he was defending champion.

"Most of the time I don't play two weeks before the (four) slams but this time I wanted to play some matches to get used to that attitude on the court you need before the slam," he said, referring to the Australian Open coming so quickly after the players' off-season break.

"But I don't want to go out there and lose 6-2 6-2 and only be able to play at 50 per cent."

Simon says he should be able to rehabilitate his neck in time for his opening matches in Melbourne next week.

"Yes I have time, if I don't have any more complication. It will be difficult for three or four days but will be alright by Monday," he said.

"But of course it's not the best preparation for Melbourne because you cannot practise as you want to and I have to play five-sets down there to be ready.

"This is my job now to make it as good as possible until the first match there."

As Simon had not played a game yet in the Sydney event, lucky loser Ivo Klec (Slovakia) has been plucked from qualifying and will now play Nieminen.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #40
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's disappointing but at least it sounds like he'll be fine for Australia. It seems a lot of people are withdrawing or are in doubt this year.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #41
country flag lalaland

AO Draw is out. Gilles is in Murray's section, as he always is. Oh well, I'm not going to hope too much, a R4 showing is good enough for me.

Simon/Volandri
Robredo/Levine
Lu/Ramirez Hidalgo
Monfils/Dolgopolov

Mayer/Williams
Q/Stakhovsky
Sousa/Smith
Hasse/Murray
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 AM   #42
country flag lalaland

Gilles' 1st match begins, he lost his serve and down 0-1. Frankly, he's not looking good, first serves very slow, mostly not even 150km, he also looks lacking energy. Hopefully, he just needs some match play to get himself going...C'mon Gilles.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #43
country flag lalaland

Lost his 2nd serve game without winning a pt.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #44
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

Is it the neck again?

Sent from my HTC One X using VerticalSports.Com App
Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #45
country flag lalaland

Down 0-4 now, against Volandri on HC FFS. He's playing like 30% max. He just better be hurt for sth to play like this. This could be a short night. I'm just hoping that once he's body getting warm up, he'll serve harder and move faster. C'mon Gilles.