Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 254 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #3796
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
BRF is terribly lacking royal jewels and I was hoping that everything Fabiola has( and received in her quality as the Queen of the Belgians) to be left to Mathilde or to the fundation but specifically for BRF ladies to use.
I hope is that way. It would be terribly sad if it was not the case
I don't know what the deal is with her royal jewels, though.
Searching for info, I found that jewels given to her personally are hers to keep but the jewels given to her as Queen of Belgium stay within the Belgian royal family. Not very helpful, though.

Our royal family doesns't go back far (our first king's reign started in 1831) so it's quite logical that the jewels are lacking compared with the royal families from Denmark, the UK, the Netherlands,...
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #3797
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Talking about royalty. I saw 2/3 of the BBC series on Queen Victoria's children.

Quite surprising to see that you're left with quite a negative portrait of Victoria after having seen that documentary. Not exactly mother of the century, is she?
One of the letters they read from her were about two of her sons. She describes one of her young sons as "ugly", "nasty" and "frog-like". Bit of a weird thing to write from a mother about her sons, esp. given the fact that she wasn't exactly a stunning beauty herself.

The theory they offered for it in the documentary was that she was so much in love and obsessed with her husband Albert that she wanted her sons to be the spitting image of her husband and when this didn't happen, she was disappointed.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #3798
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

The present Norwegian RF is from 1901 and they still have some big pieces.

Lilian ruined everything: she sold the big Cartier tiara of Queen Elisabeth, the emerald tiara of Queen Astrid is missing, so is her pearl tiara. there are also some big broches that are missing, etc....

Last edited by acionescu : 01-10-2013 at 11:04 AM.
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #3799
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

And Queen Victoria was so inlove that poor Prince Albert is said to try to lock himself in his bedroom to escape from her hard tasking needs but to no avail

When her daughter Alice died( at 36!), they had famously fallen out on religious and children upbringing oppinions....
Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #3800
country flag acionescu

Regarding personal jewels, she personal owns a magnificent tiara given to her by Franco when she married Badouin. You cannot actually call that "personal", can you?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #3801
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Andreea knows her jewelry.

That was about the royals working for the money. Just came to my mind.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #3802
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

This thread needs some input from Andreea, maybe.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214778

Too bad Star the big Lacourt fan IIRC has abndoned us.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #3803
country flag Castafiore

Ah yes, I remember the controversy around that Cartier tiara.
Edit to add pictures:

Lillian was a weird one in many ways, I think.

Queen Astrid was such a beautiful lady and by many accounts, a sweet lady. Too bad that her life was so short.

The "missing" emerald tiara:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
And Queen Victoria was so inlove that poor Prince Albert is said to try to lock himself in his bedroom to escape from her hard tasking needs but to no avail
I missed the first part of the series but they hinted about Victoria's huge sexual appetite further on in the series.

I didn't know that the poor sod tried to lock himself to escape from her.

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-10-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #3804
country flag acionescu

If the emerald tiara is really missing, it would be a real shame.

Astrid received great jewelry for the births of her every child:
- a emerald and diamond bracelet-tiara for the birth of J-C, here worn by GD Maria-theresa of Lux as a choker

- a diamond bandeau for the birth of Albert, here worn by Mathilde on her wedding day

- the emerald and diamond tiara for the birth of Baudoin, worn by Astrid above.

All these jewels were worn by Lilian until every child got married. She gave J-C the bracelet and the bandeau to Paola. Upon this logic the emerald tiara MUST be with Fabiola but she never wore it. Pundits say because she hated Lilian

I really hope Lilian didn't sell it
Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #3805
country flag Castafiore

Mid-storm, Fabiola declared today that she will only use her own private means for the foundation. So, no property or money that was given to her by her husband, the late king Boudewijn, and no dotation money.

However, the cat is out of the bag. Some politicians are suggesting that the federal parliament should start an investigation on the possibility to recuperate the inheritance money that was originally given by dotation.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #3806
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

i know abt andy passion but didnt know abt yr castina
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #3807
country flag Castafiore

Royal jewelry is often quite stunning so why not?

I'm not in Andreea's league when talking about jewels worn by royals, though.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #3808
country flag Castafiore

...continuing with the spamming-ahoy action:

Oscar nominatons are in:

Quote:
Best film
Amour
Argo
Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Miserables
Lincoln
Life Of Pi
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

Best actress
Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty
Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook
Emmanuelle Riva - Amour
Quvenzhane Wallis - Beasts of the Southern Wild
Naomi Watts - The Impossible

Best actor
Daniel Day Lewis - Lincoln
Bradley Cooper - Silver Linings Playbook
Hugh Jackman - Les Miserables
Joaquin Phoenix - The Master
Denzel Washington - Flight

Best director
Michael Haneke - Amour
Ang Lee - Life of Pi
David O Russell - Silver Linings Playbook
Steven Spielberg - Lincoln
Benh Zeitlin - Beasts of the Southern Wild

Best supporting actor
Alan Arkin - Argo
Robert De Niro - Silver Linings Playbook
Tommy Lee Jones - Lincoln
Christoph Waltz - Django Unchained
Philip Seymour Hoffman - The Master

Best supporting actress
Amy Adams - The Master
Sally Field - Lincoln
Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
Helen Hunt - The Sessions
Jacki Weaver - Silver Linings Playbook

Best foreign film
Amour
No
War witch
A Royal Affair
Kon-Tiki
I'm so out of touch with Hollywood & co these days. I haven't seen any movie from the above lists. (partly due to not having been released here yet).

First impression is that it seems to be the same old, same old. I think that the Academy needs new blood.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #3809
country flag acionescu

Mungiu gets over looked again

they changed the rules because he was overlooked the first time and he gets the same with the new rules

Amour competing for best film AND best foreign film
Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #3810
country flag acionescu

Actually, except Riva, this must be one of the youngest female race EVER. Quvenzhane Wallis is like 6 or something

Riva is the oldest candidate ever, though
Closed Thread