Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 253 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #3781
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
Ah, for Hilde: I saw an oelewapper sitting on a tree near a tavern. She/He looked blissful and content. Not to mention totally ignoring our presence. I also played some chess, not too bad considering how rusty and unprepared I was.
Greek oelewappers sit on/in trees?
Hmmm...interesting.

Quote:
Wjik aan Zee
Wijk aan Zee. Getting the dutch "ij" right is a tough one so I'd love to find out how you pronounce that one.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #3782
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

This morning, it's 4°C in Brussels and 3°C in Athens.

What's the world coming to if it's a degree warmer in Brussels.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #3783
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

And over +50 C forecasted in Australia next week, luckily not in Melbourne so the AO should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
Speaking of chess, the super tournament at Wjik Aan Zee starts this Saturday. I am sure you all missed the updates

It is scorching hot in Australia from what I hear.
Merton in da house! Some updates from the Wjik Aan Zee tournament would be nice in-between the AO madness.

Hilde!
And my condolences to poor Metis of course, try to survive like me, venting on MTF also helps! We'd need Tom the nature guy to explain us about the future of the climate, all those horror scenarios by some scientists and then the others contradicting them, what am I the silly old grandma to think?!?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #3784
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

It's -1 C in Riga and it's snowing A LOT. It looks beautiful but it's not so fun if you have to drive somewhere.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #3785
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Merton in da house! Some updates from the Wjik Aan Zee tournament would be nice in-between the AO madness.
Hmmpffft.
You didn't really read my post, did you?

It's Wijk aan Zee.

Not Wjik aan Zee.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #3786
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

"wijk" is pronounced as "weik", nothing too difficult in the Dutch language
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #3787
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Hilde. I read your post only after posting myself.
JM! Where've you been! Yeah yeah I know with your young gf! But now it's tennis time again!
"Weik", OK good to know.

Last edited by MariaV : 01-10-2013 at 09:40 AM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #3788
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

young young, not so young I'd say...

tennis..... I feel this year will be a really hard one, I will devote my time to poker instead, more action there
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #3789
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
young young, not so young I'd say...

tennis..... I feel this year will be a really hard one, I will devote my time to poker instead, more action there

Geee, Fed will be in the AO final again. Whether he'll win - not sure but he has his chances.
Poor you, Rafa will take over poker this year.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #3790
country flag Castafiore

Andreea, did you get the latest hoopla from our royal family?

This time, it's about queen Fabiola. With the big reaper knocking on her door , she was advised to start a foundation through which she could settle her inheritance. Part of the money is her own money (family money, her full name is Fabiola Fernanda María de las Victorias Antonia Adelaida), part of it comes from her husband, the late king Boudewijn, and a big chunk of it comes from the dotation (endowment) she gets (= our tax money).

Most of her expenses are paid for so the dotation is "pocket money", so to speak. She gets about € 1,5 million per year. (our king gets about € 11,5 million per year, our crown prince gets close to € 1 million). There's always discussions about the need to cut back the dotations. The next generation of royals are going to have to work for their money. Princess Astrid's son Amadeo works as a consultant in NYC for example.

Reason of this foundation:
- A reason why many foundations are constructed: dodging the tax man. In Fabiola's case, they're trying to avoid having to inheritance taxes.
- Make sure that the money goes to her Spanish nephews and nieces.

Protest about it:
- She doesn't pay income tax as it is and the money she gets comes from Belgian taw money so the least she should do is allow for inheritance taxes to be paid (meaning, that part of the money she's getting should be able to flow back when she dies).
- Why on earth should her Spanish family enjoy the dotation paid for by the Belgian tax payer? That's perhaps an indication that she's getting too much as it is?
- The inheritance comes with strict catholic conditions (Opus Dei to be precise): for example, only the nephews and nieces that are the result of a first catholic marriage get inheritance money. Part of the money goes to very strict catholic projects, one of which has to do with baptism procedures.
---> Normally, everybody should be free to give their hard-earned money to whomever they want but many have a problem with tax money flowing away, let alone under such strict catholic conditions.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #3791
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
"wijk" is pronounced as "weik", nothing too difficult in the Dutch language
You have a Dutch gf but many foreigners struggle with the "ij" or "ei" sound.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #3792
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I know about her fundation and I was hoping that she will make it to give the money and jewels and stuff back to the main line of Belgian Royal family(BRF)
I was dissapointed about her Spanish family part and I agree that they should pay inheritage taxes for their part.
I dont agree with the taxes for the part left to BRF and I dont like the part where she left some to some Catholic insistution.

She has been a very religious person all of her life, it's normal to make her after life provision in the same way, don't let your atheistic views get in the way
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #3793
country flag Castafiore

I hear that she was contemplating becoming a nun before she knew Boudewijn.

I don't care that she's very strict in her religious ways. That's her choice. However, the strict conditions attached to giving away her inheritance build up from tax money = wrong IMO.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #3794
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

You put that "the tax money" to look that you are right

You're not. What did you expect? For her to left her personal money upon her Catholic views and her money from the taxes in a more democratic way?

Anyway....

BRF is terribly lacking royal jewels and I was hoping that everything Fabiola has( and received in her quality as the Queen of the Belgians) to be left to Mathilde or to the fundation but specifically for BRF ladies to use.
I hope is that way. It would be terribly sad if it was not the case
Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #3795
country flag Castafiore

Well, she clearly doesn't care where the money comes from (meaning, whether the tax paying people are atheist, catholic, protestant, muslim, buddhist,...) as long as she gets it.

So, she shouldn't be so strict in deciding where it goes to.

It's hypocritical.

If she wants to spend her own family money that way. Fine.
If somebody who gathered her/his fortune himself through work does that. Fine.
Belgian tax money? No.
And I am right.

It's a good thing that the next generation of royals will mostly have to work for their money (the children of Laurent, Astrid and most of the children of Filip except Elizabeth)

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Closed Thread