Tennis Tipping - Australian Open - Congrats to Eurofighter and nickelS/andyroddlick - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #631
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TT - Australian Open - Wednesday OOP Posted - Post 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Ha Ha don't put words into my mouth I didn't say a word about counting or not counting the picks. I just think the Board should somehow address all these spelling errors IMHO. And I'm not telling the board how to address the problem with spelling issues and in fact the Board may think this issue doesn't even need to be addressed at all! But Adey and Eric have had to put in a lot of work that shouldn't have been necessary. I was just thinking of the game managers who have to put in enough work in all TTs especially Grand Slams and I think the easier their job is the better it would be for them!
well not counting the picks is the only thing the managers could do. both managers and players are doing alot of work so there is bound to be mistakes..
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #632
country flag Felipe Abe

Felipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
do you know how to read? AdeyC has gone to bed, it's been said like 15 times

You don't need to repeat yourself 5 times. If your picks are no there and you sent then you sent with incorrect names(spelling errors or half the name cut off(Der Merwe instead of Van Der Merwe).
You don't have to be rude you know ?
I just posted this to let him know that I've sent my picks.
And, just to let you know, this was my fist post alright ?

Juan-Martín Del Potro ; Gael Monfils ; Roger Federer ; Kei Nishikori

Andrea Petkovic ; Victoria Azarenka ; Tsvetana Pironkova ; Eugenie Bouchard
Felipe Abe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #633
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

1st post? You must have forgot about these 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales de Mileto View Post
my picks

Quote:
00:00 | FernandoToshiba (BRA) vs. Thales de Mileto (BRA) - Missing picks from Thales de Mileto

\o/

I sent!!
Quote:
my pick's

Brands 20
Minar 20
Westerhof 20
Berankis 20
Johnson 20
Klahn 20
Groth 20
Blake 20
Hocevar 20
Meffert 20
Huta Galung 20
Viola 20
Starace 20
Farah 20
Renavand 20
Ghedin 20
Capkovic 20
Feeney 20
Teixeira 21
Ram 20
Authom 20
Ilhan 20
Bogomolov Jr. 20
Zverev 20
Eysseric 20
Wang 20
Smyczek 20
Young 20
Der Merwe 20
Brown 20
Serra 20
Alund 20
Yani 20
Veic 20
Schepper 20
Naso 20
Odesnik 20
Molchanov 20
Zhang 20
Sweeting 20
Haider-Maurer 20
Voest 20
Stebe 20
Bakker 20
Burquier 20
Mannarino 20
Udomchoke 20
Gicquel 20
Sela 20
Sock 21
Fabbiano 20
Greul 20
Knittel 20
Chiudinelli 20
Cervenak 20
Polansky 20
Baker 20
Menendez-Maceiras 20
Lajovic 20
Berrer 20
Bemelmans 20
Robert 20
Ward 20
Kudla 20
I think they were enough to make AdeyC well aware that you sent. You didn't need to say it again.

I wouldn't be rude if people would just read what others have been posted. It's been posted like 3 times that AdeyC is gone to bed, and he posted himself that if your picks aren't there then it's because you didn't send or errors inputing player names. Others have clarified as well, do you just post over and over anyway and not read any replies?

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #634
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Ha Ha don't put words into my mouth I didn't say a word about counting or not counting the picks. I just think the Board should somehow address all these spelling errors IMHO. And I'm not telling the board how to address the problem with spelling issues and in fact the Board may think this issue doesn't even need to be addressed at all! But Adey and Eric have had to put in a lot of work that shouldn't have been necessary. I was just thinking of the game managers who have to put in enough work in all TTs especially Grand Slams and I think the easier their job is the better it would be for them!
That was just my suggestion, based on what you said Mae. You know I'd never put words in your mouth.. I only like putting glue in your hair.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #635
country flag Novak or Andy

Novak or Andy is on a distinguished road

Excuse me,i sent my picks 11 hours ago.But no worries,i will just wait until AdeyC wake up to solve it.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #636
country flag Felipe Abe

Felipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1st post? You must have forgot about these 3

I think they were enough to make AdeyC well aware that you sent. You didn't need to say it again.

I wouldn't be rude if people would just read what others have been posted. It's been posted like 3 times that AdeyC is gone to bed, and he posted himself that if your picks aren't there then it's because you didn't send or errors inputing player names. Others have clarified as well, do you just post over and over anyway and not read any replies?
Sorry, did you even read my name ?
My name is Felipe Abe, not Thales de Mileto
It was my first (and only that I pretend to) post and I've just posted to let AdeyC know that I've sent my picks.
Well, I guess it just don't worth to discuss with a guy that thinks that I'm another person

Juan-Martín Del Potro ; Gael Monfils ; Roger Federer ; Kei Nishikori

Andrea Petkovic ; Victoria Azarenka ; Tsvetana Pironkova ; Eugenie Bouchard
Felipe Abe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #637
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
well not counting the picks is the only thing the managers could do. both managers and players are doing alot of work so there is bound to be mistakes..
I'd say this would give TT a whole new dimension. Not only does it make it easier on the managers and makes players more considerate by checking and re-checking before they send picks, but it provides new ways of winning and losing. The TT unforced error you could say.

I mean, right now I could spell Davydenko as "Denko" and I presume it would accepted and fixed for me. Doesn't seem right.

Something to consider.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 AM   #638
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe Abe View Post
Sorry, did you even read my name ?
My name is Felipe Abe, not Thales de Mileto
It was my first (and only that I pretend to) post and I've just posted to let AdeyC know that I've sent my picks.
Well, I guess it just don't worth to discuss with a guy that thinks that I'm another person
Sorry, I got messed up with the Brazilian flag and multiple word username.

So it was your first post.

My argument still stands though, multiple people including AdeyC said he was going to sleep, and if your picks weren't there then it's because of spelling errors. You should read through everything that has been said before complaining like everyone around here seems to be doing

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #639
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
I'd say this would give TT a whole new dimension. Not only does it make it easier on the managers and makes players more considerate by checking and re-checking before they send picks, but it provides new ways of winning and losing. The TT unforced error you could say.

I mean, right now I could spell Davydenko as "Denko" and I presume it would accepted and fixed for me. Doesn't seem right.

Something to consider.
I could agree if it was more then one mistake but honestly, alot of people send til the last deadline and to have a pick voided cause of one missing letter seems a little unfair especially if it was the only time they could send and were in a rush.

On the other hand, smaller tournements there really should be no excuse for mispelling cause the player doesn't pick as many matches.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #640
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

I Sent!!!!!
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #641
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute

Just a heads up for the doubles players that Adey will be sending me some of the missing picks in the morning. Just because it says someone in your match is missing picks it doesn't mean it will remain that way.

I will most likely not deal with the picks from Adey until I get home from work tomorrow which will be 7:30PM UK time so if you are not sure if you will advance just send picks and it will all get sorted out.
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #642
country flag 156mphserve

I would agree with a rule that says if there are more than 10 matches spelling errors will void the pick. Any less than that and it's not too much hassle for the manager to fix but when you have large numbers of matches and large numbers of people then it's just way to overwhelming, and managers should never have to spend 4+ hours fixing spelling that the player could have fixed himself in 2 minutes checking it over.

Also with more than 10 matches it probable that you'll get at least another diff so you won't lose immediately because of 1 spelling error

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #643
country flag chenhw

chenhw is on a distinguished road

i sent my picks
chenhw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #644
country flag 156mphserve

oh look, another person who doesn't like to read

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #645
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh look, another person who doesn't like to read
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote