Tweeting from ITF tournaments is forbidden now - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #61
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tweeting from ITF tournaments is forbidden now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
yeah, i didn't figure this strong argument. now it all makes sense.
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #62
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure if this has anything to do with this topic but today during the matches of Turkey Futures which were always broadcasted on tennistv.tv the streams weren't working
Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #63
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

And do you know when will that Livescore from Futures start?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #64
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

The Futures Livescore project is something I've been waiting for a while now. So TennisOnWood's question is something that I must also ask.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #65

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

As I remember, they talked about it even last summer, I thought it will be ready for 2013. And yeah, I'm very eager about that too
Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #66
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
well slams they do charge money and the guy is right. if he pays for a sit he should have the freedom to use his mobile/ipad/latop as much as he wants to.
This is directed at ITF Circuit (Futures and Women's Circuit). Grand Slams are a different thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
How is this harming the low end of tennis?
Neither journalists will come less nor more, nor tennis at futures level will become any more popular, nor less.

It's all just speculations, which have nothing to do with reality. No one is asking anyone to subscribe at bookies
You get all the data you need in livescore websites, which pay to the official livescorer of the ATP/ITF.

Family and friends don't even care if they can tweet live the results point by point or not, they are not doing it anyway, they come to watch their relative/friend.

I see no drama here, srsly, just digging deep to find one where it doesn't exist.
I take it you have never been to an ITF futures event or have any interest in following an ITF futures event.
You should try following one one week and /or attending one before you make opinions based on stuff you don't know.

There are 3 ITF Futures events ATM in the world. Just try to follow a Futures tournament and then give me your opinion.

You are far away from reality mate... and come out rather trollish

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #67
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just stick to BA where people respect your opinion.
bjurra is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #68
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't need to make a strong argument against your deranged rant. My post had nothing to do with being some nostalgiatard who longs for pre-internet times and smoking on planes

My point is that 90 per cent of real tennis fans are not gamblers. They might play the odd predicting game on a forum or for prizes, but that's a far cry from using a gambling site/bookie and real money.

Of the 10% of the tennis spectators who gamble, only 5% are tennis fans: the others are gambling fans. They will gamble on anything. They will place bets on two cockroaches racing each other if you give them the opportunity.

I see no reason for the ATP to pander to this small and harmful sliver of the tennis community. The only thing that gambling brings to tennis is fixed matches; there is no upside. I sincerely doubt that they are pouring significant cash into the sport. One or two tournaments can find another sponsor, or just close; tennis will not end if one or two small tournaments go under. If they survived rejecting dollars from cigarette companies, they can also reject this.

Yeah, rules change, but you don't have to sit idly by and accept all the changes. You can speak up and if enough people do, their position on the issue has to be taken into consideration.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #69
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiBeR View Post
This is directed at ITF Circuit (Futures and Women's Circuit). Grand Slams are a different thing

I take it you have never been to an ITF futures event or have any interest in following an ITF futures event.
You should try following one one week and /or attending one before you make opinions based on stuff you don't know.

There are 3 ITF Futures events ATM in the world. Just try to follow a Futures tournament and then give me your opinion.

You are far away from reality mate... and come out rather trollish
I'm not too interested in Futures indeed and i'm part of the 99.9% of the World for that matter.

that's why a first world problem concerning 0.5% of the comfort of 0.01% of the world is actually smth pretty negligible, for me at least.

Of course for the 3 journalists who really, really want to tweet during matches, or want to oink, or qwack or whatever - it's smth that could ruin their lunch one day, i agree.

And we all know how unpleasant a ruined lunch is
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #70
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I don't need to make a strong argument against your deranged rant. My post had nothing to do with being some nostalgiatard who longs for pre-internet times and smoking on planes

My point is that 90 per cent of real tennis fans are not gamblers. They might play the odd predicting game on a forum or for prizes, but that's a far cry from using a gambling site/bookie and real money.

Of the 10% of the tennis spectators who gamble, only 5% are tennis fans: the others are gambling fans. They will gamble on anything. They will place bets on two cockroaches racing each other if you give them the opportunity.

I see no reason for the ATP to pander to this small and harmful sliver of the tennis community. The only thing that gambling brings to tennis is fixed matches; there is no upside. I sincerely doubt that they are pouring significant cash into the sport. One or two tournaments can find another sponsor, or just close; tennis will not end if one or two small tournaments go under. If they survived rejecting dollars from cigarette companies, they can also reject this.

Yeah, rules change, but you don't have to sit idly by and accept all the changes. You can speak up and if enough people do, their position on the issue has to be taken into consideration.
oh, so the previous smart comment was because you took my exaggerated comparisons personally... it wasn't about your being nostalgic, it was about the way things work in life.

Of course no one likes changes, because they bring insecurity, because of not knowing what will happen.
Otherwise why would there be anyone in the world supporting the let rule..

That's what i meant as a first - these regulations are necessary and that's that, a bit of uncomfortableness for ppl addicted to tweeting during Futures tennis matches (i always need to facepalm even when i write this, it sounds that ridiculous to me).

80% of the money from the contract these ppl are trying to protect go to TAs and from there to young players who actually go to play those tournaments, often in front of 26 people.

If 3 of those 26 are supporting them instead of "tweeting" it won't harm anyone.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #71
country flag latso

and you confuse arguments/facts/comparisons with "deranged rant"
Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #72
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

please not another latso vs. the rest of the world thread
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #73
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
please not another latso vs. the rest of the world thread
i'm stopping. sorry.

...but just love to discuss when i'm right

nah, nevermind
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #74
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Peliwo tweeted the result of his match today, when should we expect him to be reprimanded?

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #75

ITF started with same old great coverage of Futures.. you can find complete first round results of USA F1 on ATP site, and on ITF there's just 4 results, which stands there 2 dyas

Bravo!!