Gangnam style is the first Youtube video ever to reach 2 (!!) Billion views! - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How do you feel about this song?

I love it! The song, dance and the video are all awesome 39 41.94%
I only like the lyrics 3 3.23%
It's okay, but I don't understand the fuss about it 23 24.73%
What the.. I don't even.. Huh? 12 12.90%
It's awful and I hate it! 10 10.75%
Other 6 6.45%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #286
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gangnam style is the first Youtube video ever to reach 1 Billion views!

124 million more already in 2 weeks.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #287
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gangnam style is the first Youtube video ever to reach 1 Billion views!

Never watched the original video, sadly heard the song more often than I should have.

This version does vastly improve on the original.

As far as number of views on youtube, it's meaningless, especially considering who is #2.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #288
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen this video, nor have I ever seen anything from Justin Bieber. Heard both this song, and some crap from Bieber and can honestly say that hearing that shit is the best way to prevent you from watching it
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #289
country flag cutesteve22

cutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your take on the Gangnam Style song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
Can't understand the hype. This is shit for me.
this, and I believe 1 Billion views comes from many patriotic koreans watch it everyday.
cutesteve22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #290
country flag Crystalised.

Crystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesteve22 View Post
this, and I believe 1 Billion views comes from many patriotic koreans watch it everyday.
This isn't a good song but its success isn't surprising, it's catchy the dance is fun and it's not as if the most popular songs are the best ones.
Bieberz has a lot of views too, did he get them from patriotic Canadians? No, just from people whose music taste sucks.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #291
country flag tennisprince

tennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond repute

i tried to resist liking this song and was probably the last person to like it but its pretty damn catchy. He will probably be a one hit wonder in the UK/USA but will go down as one of the biggest one hit wonder of all time
tennisprince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #292
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisprince View Post
i tried to resist liking this song and was probably the last person to like it but its pretty damn catchy. He will probably be a one hit wonder in the UK/USA but will go down as one of the biggest one hit wonder of all time
same here. I was probably the last man standing but yesterday I had to bent to the song. It's compelling.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #293
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalised. View Post
This isn't a good song but its success isn't surprising, it's catchy the dance is fun and it's not as if the most popular songs are the best ones.
This. And I prefer this to be the most viewed video in Youtube over Justin Bieber 100 times.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #294
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

okay, which one of you made this JibJab video?
http://www.jibjab.com/view/LaatOpzgR...urce=Facebook&
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #295

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Macarena - the megahit song of mid nineties which somehow took the world by storm has in comparison, a measly 5 million views.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #296
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Macarena - the megahit song of mid nineties which somehow took the world by storm has in comparison, a measly 5 million views.
What is the biggest amount of views for any song made well ahead of the "youtube age"? They will obviously score less well than hits seen there when they were new.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
What is the biggest amount of views for any song made well ahead of the "youtube age"? They will obviously score less well than hits seen there when they were new.
I don't know if there are any lists available for that, but of the top of my head, I just checked these songs for youtube views that didn't go viral like Gangnam or Macarena but had an organic growth in terms of popularity. They are still higher in number of views than Macarena which took the world by storm it arrived.

Here are ten such hits going backward in time:

1. 1998: Don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith (88 million views)
2. 1992: November rain- GnR (143 million views)
3. 1991: Winds of Change- Scorpions (46--do--)
4. 1987: With or without you- U2 (46 --)
5. 1985: Heaven - Bryan Adams (20--)
6. 1982: Thriller - Micheal Jackson (127 --)
7. 1981: Imagine - John Lennon (31 --)
8. 1976: Bohemian Rhapsody (59 --)
9. 1970: Stairway to heaven- Led Zeppelin (65 --)
10.1969: Here comes the sun- George Harrison (38 --)
Old 01-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #298
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
okay, which one of you made this JibJab video?
http://www.jibjab.com/view/LaatOpzgR...urce=Facebook&
I love it

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #299
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Never watched the original video, sadly heard the song more often than I should have.

This version does vastly improve on the original.

As far as number of views on youtube, it's meaningless, especially considering who is #2.
Not proud of your fellow Canadian i see.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #300
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

It is idiotic to worship a pop artist or I don't know, a cheating and faking tennis player only because the individual is from the same country you are.

As far as music goes, Canada has a lot of brilliant bands, most of them you don't know. But I won't support Bieber or Nickelback because they are from the same country as me. That would be moronic.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote