Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #631
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

I'll do everything I can. I'm not sure that if there is a god my prayers will do much.

But I will wish and hope for the best for you. aa

I read this story that made me cry. This is not the first American Catholic family who I have heard of doing such a thing, but it is remarkable. Hard to read with out a tear or two.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/ma...ustice.html?hp
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #632
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Praying for you Raquel!

Thanks for the story, star. It's really hard to read.
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #633
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

you know Lee, I have tried to explain the value of forgiveness to people who aren't Christians, and sometimes it is frustrating. It's not doing something for someone else; it's something for yourself. I thought this story illustrated it so well and in the most difficult circumstances.

After the Oklahoma bombing, there was one family who publicly asked that Timothy McVeigh not receive the death penalty. I remember the face of that father so clearly, but I can't remember his name. His daughter was killed that day. But, he also was Catholic.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #634
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
you know Lee, I have tried to explain the value of forgiveness to people who aren't Christians, and sometimes it is frustrating. It's not doing something for someone else; it's something for yourself. I thought this story illustrated it so well and in the most difficult circumstances.

After the Oklahoma bombing, there was one family who publicly asked that Timothy McVeigh not receive the death penalty. I remember the face of that father so clearly, but I can't remember his name. His daughter was killed that day. But, he also was Catholic.
This is something that people have to experience themselves to "get it". being religious may help people more open to accept the concept of forgiveness and be able to try to really to forgive.

I have to say that my study of Buddhism (especially Zen) while I was a late teenager had more influence than Catholicism on forgiveness to me.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #635
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
This is something that people have to experience themselves to "get it". being religious may help people more open to accept the concept of forgiveness and be able to try to really to forgive.

I have to say that my study of Buddhism (especially Zen) while I was a late teenager had more influence than Catholicism on forgiveness to me.

Yes. And this story illustrates that very well. I loved that part where the Dalai Lama says, OK then.. Just meditate..

That was so sweet and loving,
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #636
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't any guys of an appropriate age like me?

Another 18 year old just dm-ed me on Twitter He's a Syracuse football recruit and our program is in turmoil today and a major recruit who said he was coming to us now says he's going on visits to other schools, and the kid who talked to me was like "Yo bro that's disrespectful to the program" and is all "I love Syracuse" all over his Twitter. So I followed him. He follows me back INSTANTLY and dm's me and tells me I'm beautiful

What is it with these young guys? I am OLD.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #637
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for you in your exams Raquel, I'm sure you will do absolutely fine
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #638
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post

Another 18 year old just dm-ed me on Twitter He's a Syracuse football recruit and our program is in turmoil today and a major recruit who said he was coming to us now says he's going on visits to other schools, and the kid who talked to me was like "Yo bro that's disrespectful to the program" and is all "I love Syracuse" all over his Twitter. So I followed him. He follows me back INSTANTLY and dm's me and tells me I'm beautiful

You need to rethink your avatar.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #639
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:

You look much younger than your age.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #640
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Look at me all "Woe is me, people are telling me I'm beautiful." I should be flattered... but it just kinda makes me feel old instead

If this kid ever makes it to the NFL then I'll really start bragging that he once complimented me

Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #641
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Look at me all "Woe is me, people are telling me I'm beautiful." I should be flattered... but it just kinda makes me feel old instead

If this kid ever makes it to the NFL then I'll really start bragging that he once complimented me
Just make sure you keep that message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #642
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:

Enjoy your looks while you are young. That's my advice.

I still remember the first time a man in a store called me "ma'am" instead of "miss."

And anyway, no one in their twenties could ever be counted as "old."
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #643
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

Enjoy your looks while you are young. That's my advice.

I still remember the first time a man in a store called me "ma'am" instead of "miss."

And anyway, no one in their twenties could ever be counted as "old."
Late 20s star, late 20s. I'm on the downward slope.

It was a few years ago at USO someone called me "lady" as in a girl told her sister to "Sit down so that lady can see!"

Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #644
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Oh there is new chat thread and I didnt notice
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #645
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Woke up before 4am after 4 hours of sleep It will be a long day for me
Closed Thread