Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 241 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #3601
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
The trouble with having a birthday so close to Christmas and New Year is that people tend to go cheap for the second gift.

They'll get you a decent birthday gift. Perfectly fine.
Then, they follow it up with a half-arsed cheap X-mas present because "you just had a birthday gift already" which would also be perfectly fine if you didn't have a good enough memory of what others receive for birthdays and as a bonus, a nice and generous X-mas gift. Comparing gifts, you tend to get the short end of the stick.

Happens almost each year.

/greedy

i can feel your pain

that's precisely why i picked Petru Name's Day as far as possible from his bday or Xmas. to have the opportunity to get THREE fat gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
would love to have got Hilde a ribbon for her hair, what a great xmas/bd gift that woulda been

What about a frying pan?

Quote:
Another trend: you ask the parents of your godchildren what to get them for new year.

Big mistake.

They end up advising you "useful" things to give (like a new pijama, a lunch box, a pair of gloves,..."no seriously, she'll love it"...yeah, right) while they give their children "fun" gifts as if it's a popularity contest: "we got you this while your godmother only got you that".

Solution: you don't bother asking the parents any more.
With my mom it was exactly the opposite: everytime she was buying me this solid, practical stuff while everybody else and especially my dad( they were divorced) gave me the most awesome things: awesome dresses, jewelry, flowers in those big, ornamented bouquets as you see in movies

the frustration grew and one year when she bought our Goddaughter a silver bracelet( that i remember every single detail of to this day ) and me a pijama i just snapped and tear the pijamas in her face. She never did the same mistake again
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #3602
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
the frustration grew and one year when she bought our Goddaughter a silver bracelet( that i remember every single detail of to this day ) and me a pijama i just snapped and tear the pijamas in her face. She never did the same mistake again

I'd be miffed at that one as well. Don't parents realise that you compare gifts?

---

I had a similar outburst when my parents told me at Christmas time that initially, they weren't planning on giving me another gift since I'd just gotten a birthday gift but they figured that it would be nice for me to open a gift anyway. After which they offered me a small package with a huge smile.
--> It turned out to be a bar of soap and not even a nice and luxurious piece of soap but just a brown bar of soap that smelled badly.
I'm still baffled by that.

Considering what my sister got for her birthday in August and what she'd just gotten for Christmas, I flat-out refused the bar of soap, followed by a huge and angry rant. Next year, I got one gift (for my birthday and christmas) but it was a bit bigger than usual.

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-03-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #3603
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

No, they don't. And she still doesn't understands, 25 years later
Inevitably the discussion turns to "after all I've done for you, you remember that small detail"

The truth is that, since then, she gives me money to buy what i want but i'd much prefer to be a surprise but I don't trust her
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #3604
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Go wage the fanwar in GM! I'm on Marat&Milos' side obviously.
LOL not that I have anything against Muzz, you know I love him. Dimitrov still seems like another Gasquet-like 'prodigy'.
I definitely prefer Dimitrov over Milos.

Quote:
Another trend: you ask the parents of your godchildren what to get them for new year.

Big mistake.
I didn't get my sister's kids anything this year, I knew they would have many other gifts. And I was right. And they weren't upset or anything, they still believe in Santa Claus

Quote:
I had a similar outburst when my parents told me at Christmas time that initially, they weren't planning on giving me another gift since I'd just gotten a birthday gift but they figured that it would be nice for me to open a gift anyway. After which they offered me a small package with a huge smile.
--> It turned out to be a bar of soap and not even a nice and luxurious piece of soap but just a brown bar of soap that smelled badly.
I'm still baffled by that.
I'm baffled by this as well.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #3605
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Inevitably the discussion turns to "after all I've done for you, you remember that small detail"
Very recognizable.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #3606
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
I didn't get my sister's kids anything this year, I knew they would have many other gifts. And I was right. And they weren't upset or anything, they still believe in Santa Claus .
I've cut down on the gifts for my goddaughter just because she gets so much.

She'll open a gift, look at it briefly, say thanks and put it on a growing pile and move on to the next gift.

She's much happier if you do stuff with her, like take her to the movies or something like that.
I'm taking my godson to a Cirque du Soleil extravaganza and I'm giving my goddaughter money because she's saving up for something.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #3607
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
I didn't get my sister's kids anything this year, I knew they would have many other gifts. And I was right. And they weren't upset or anything, they still believe in Santa Claus
They're absolutely adorable.

Quote:
I've cut down on the gifts for my goddaughter just because she gets so much.

She'll open a gift, look at it briefly, say thanks and put it on a growing pile and move on to the next gift.

She's much happier if you do stuff with her, like take her to the movies or something like that.
I'm taking my godson to a Cirque du Soleil extravaganza and I'm giving my goddaughter money because she's saving up for something.
Your godchildren are lovely as well, such a polite girl and that boy, the stories you've told... I'm sure you'll have fun at the Cirque du Soleil show.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #3608
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Btw Putin gave Depardieu Russian citizenship.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #3609
country flag acionescu

I saw
Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #3610
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Depardiov
Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #3611
country flag Castafiore

How...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #3612
country flag Castafiore

...on earth...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #3613
country flag Castafiore

...are we going to...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #3614
country flag Castafiore

...reach another thread any time soon when...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #3615
country flag Castafiore

nobody posts.
Closed Thread