Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 40 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #586
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

I'm watching John on TC. I'm sure this match is not live, but nevertheless.

Heard the announcers in the Lopez Kubot match natter on about time between points. Lopez got a dubious time violation, and that led to a long long discussion about the new rule and having a shot clock. So you have to be "in the service motion" for the clock to stop. What does that mean? Well, apparently, you can throw the ball and catch it and you will be in the service motion and not have the clock running, but if you bounce the ball and lose the ball as occasionally happens, that will not stop the clock.

So, let's say you have a player like Enqvist who never bounced the ball but just went up and down with his arms a couple of times before he served the ball. Is he always in the service motion as soon as he steps to the line? If you throw up the ball and catch it, does the clock start over or is there some way to have a carry over?

Why is it better to serve fast? That's always my question. Stefie Graf serves so fast that one might argue she rushed her opponents as a deliberate tactic. These announcers claimed that Nole and Rafa's match at the AO would have been ONE HOUR shorter if they had both observed the time limits. Considering that at best (or worst) on the average they each went over by a couple seconds on each point, would that really add up to one hour?

Also, I think if they are going to be super strict on the time limit, they should give 30 seconds between points.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #587
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
TC only shows US's matches in Hopman Cup. At least this one has Cahill as a guest commentator. The other one's voice drives me to sleep.
Are you talking about my beloved Fred Stolle?

They showed a non-USA match earlier today.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #588
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
a whole on Doha's court? :scartch:

I refuse to watch tennis until the AO. More like I don't have time to waste on minor tournaments right now.
You are forgiven only if you are posting from your phone.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #589
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
You are forgiven only if you are posting from your phone.
I noticed my mistake just now, before I read this. HOLE, Hole, Hole
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #590
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
I noticed my mistake just now, before I read this. HOLE, Hole, Hole
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #591
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

And I was posting from my laptop actually. Now from phone, just in case I misspell something.

Application To Russia submitted if they accept m dates I will be there from 4th July to 31st. And I chose the following departments by order of preference: Emergency Medicine, Gynaecology/Obstretrics, Internal Medicine (General), Gastroenterology.

I couldn't choose psychiatry because I don't speak the language.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #592
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you talking about my beloved Fred Stolle?

They showed a non-USA match earlier today.
Sorry about your beloved Fred Stolle. But yes, I don't like that kind of voice.

They showed another match? I don't know. Must check the schedule more closely. Anyway, I have to leave soon for a NY dinner in Jr.'s BFF's home. We usually had Christmas dinner but they were in Austin.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #593
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

A daughter of a work friend of mine chose emergency medicine because she could set her own hours and have plenty time off to do other things.

Edit: Lee, you were right! I thought that match they showed was Hopman, but it was Doha. Sorry. There is a whole in my brain.

Last edited by star : 01-01-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #594
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A daughter of a work friend of mine chose emergency medicine because she could set her own hours and have plenty time off to do other things.

Edit: Lee, you were right! I thought that match they showed was Hopman, but it was Doha. Sorry. There is a whole in my brain.
Did they show the hole match?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #595
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

poor Raquel. She doesn't deserve it.

Even though I started it.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #596
country flag arm

Like it bothers me I know y'all love me

exam tomorrow
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #597
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

^ Good luck with your exam

Watched Nole for the first time today, he did look a bit rusty today against Tomic, but Bernard showed some great stuff, he deserved the win fully. The doubles match was very entertaining, the lot of them were having fun out there which is always good to see.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #598
country flag arm

Nole knows I am.not watching so he is mother fully exploring his potential yet
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #599
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like it bothers me I know y'all love me

exam tomorrow
As usual, I believe you will nail the exam Take care!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #600
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
^ Good luck with your exam

Watched Nole for the first time today, he did look a bit rusty today against Tomic, but Bernard showed some great stuff, he deserved the win fully. The doubles match was very entertaining, the lot of them were having fun out there which is always good to see.
Tomic is the best among the youngsters with rooms to improve. But Nole looked lethargic to me. He was not moving well and ended up pushed around by Tomic. And his timing is quite off. I watched his single match only as it started at 2:35am my time.
Closed Thread