NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: are you with me?

yep, laver step aside 34 36.17%
no, no, no 22 23.40%
put down the crack pipe 28 29.79%
Donal Young to beat him in 5 at the USO to end his dreams 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #61
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

I expect Djokovic to have a career similar to Agassi's. Can't see him winning multiple Wimbledons.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #62
country flag Insouciant

Insouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon is too difficult (but not impossible obviously), FO is also difficult, other two are doable. Going off his latest exho and hopman cup performances though, he's playing nothing like 2011 and still has the problems that let him down in 2012 so if he couldnt do it in 2011, its not going to happen in 2013. I would love to be wrong.
Insouciant is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 AM   #63
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insouciant View Post
Going off his latest exho and hopman cup performances though, he's playing nothing like 2011 and still has the problems that let him down in 2012
How so? What do you believe you've seen in his performances so far that point to Nole 1.5 over 2.0?
Abel is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #64
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

uso
Quote:
Wimbledon is too difficult (but not impossible obviously), FO is also difficult, other two are doable. Going off his latest exho and hopman cup performances though, he's playing nothing like 2011 and still has the problems that let him down in 2012 so if he couldnt do it in 2011, its not going to happen in 2013. I would love to be wrong.
You seem like an objective Djokovic fan. Welcome here. I don't think Djokovic will play like he did in 2011 again but he will have his chances at the FO with Nadal having problems. I'm looking forward to that battle. He is the favorite for the AO. And he will have his chances at Wimby and the USO too. The fact that he isn't playing at 2011 level anymore makes things interesting. If he was playing at that level he would have had a chance at the CYGS. Not happening now.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #65
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel View Post
How so? What do you believe you've seen in his performances so far that point to Nole 1.5 over 2.0?
Yeah, I'm curious for Insouciant to expand on his/her thoughts. I've watched the performances too and don't think you can tell much either way from them. He played at his absolute best ("2.0") in his match vs. Ferrer in Abu Dhabi. His next match vs. Almagro wasn't as great, but Almagro was at his absolute best, and Novak still won. Then the latest match vs. Seppi was just kind of whatever - not all-out dominating but perfectly fine. I noticed that he's trying to play forehands and backhands down the line more, which is an improvement over his disuse of them in 2012.

It's also hard at this stage to disentangle diminished-effort exho play from what his "real" level is. The idea that he's going to have another 2011 is probably a pipe dream anyway, but I'm not sure if his recent play gives us clues either way, really.
Depeche is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #66
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a good reason why nobody won CYGS in almost 50 years. Laver did it on only 2 surfaces (grass and clay) ... not trying to take anything away from him btw.

It is simply too difficult to win CYGS. I find these CYGS threads a bit silly and I understand we need to blah blah about something during the off season. Djokovic is capable of doing it but I don't see it happening. Fed wasn't able to do it when he was at his peak *not going to bring Rafa here, but there is always something.

I can see Nole winning, maybe 1 or 2 slams a year next few years. As his fan, I'd love to see him winning CYGS, but realistically doubt it.

Also, not sure about some comments regarding his current form based on his exho matches. Just silly... I actually managed to watch most matches in Abu Dhabi and Perth. Djokovic actually looks pretty good. I guess we'll find out about his real form in Melbourne.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #67
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche View Post
Yeah, I'm curious for Insouciant to expand on his/her thoughts. I've watched the performances too and don't think you can tell much either way from them. He played at his absolute best ("2.0") in his match vs. Ferrer in Abu Dhabi. His next match vs. Almagro wasn't as great, but Almagro was at his absolute best, and Novak still won. Then the latest match vs. Seppi was just kind of whatever - not all-out dominating but perfectly fine. I noticed that he's trying to play forehands and backhands down the line more, which is an improvement over his disuse of them in 2012.

It's also hard at this stage to disentangle diminished-effort exho play from what his "real" level is. The idea that he's going to have another 2011 is probably a pipe dream anyway, but I'm not sure if his recent play gives us clues either way, really.
Yea. His match w Seppi was fine. We need to take into account the fact that he arrived in Perth from Abu Dhabi just 30 hours before the match and he was jetlagged too. Also, peaking too early in the season isn't a good thing either.
cinny is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #68
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is better on the green stuff
Rafa on the red stuff

Murray is always 50/50

Mole would need fed to decline
Rafa to skip clay
And muzza to choke
Old 01-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #69
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
Federer is better on the green stuff
Rafa on the red stuff

Murray is always 50/50

Mole would need fed to decline
Rafa to skip clay
And muzza to choke
1) Federer is past an age where getting older benefits a player; he IS in decline.
2) Nadal is still unfit and hasn't played in, what? Six months? So not exactly a given he'll be back or near his best for RG.
3) Djokovic has been known to beat Murray on hard courts a few times.
Han Solo is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #70
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Someone will do it eventually. Probably in my lifetime. But I doubt it will be our Serbian friend - he's very good, but just not THAT good
Han Solo is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #71
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly. Watching him in Abu Dhabi, I was often able to predict the exact moment when he would make an UE, it was that similar to the way he played in '12.
Still, he could do a CYGS, all it takes is for Murray to implode for a few months later in the year and Nadal to show up really rusty for a clay season.
retister is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #72
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
Exactly. Watching him in Abu Dhabi, I was often able to predict the exact moment when he would make an UE, it was that similar to the way he played in '12.
Still, he could do a CYGS, all it takes is for Murray to implode for a few months later in the year and Nadal to show up really rusty for a clay season.
Federer Wimbledon.....
Federer US Open......

Or do you think Roger isn't able to beat djokovic in these 2 slams being favorite in Wimbledon and 50-50 in the USO.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #73
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Federer Wimbledon.....
Federer US Open......

Or do you think Roger isn't able to beat djokovic in these 2 slams being favorite in Wimbledon and 50-50 in the USO.
At Wimbledon Federer can definetely beat Djokovic. Not sure about the USO....
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #74
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer Wimbledon.....
Federer US Open......

Don't wanna flame, but I kinda expect him to be taken out by Tsonga/Berdych/Nadal before semis.
retister is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #75
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer Wimbledon.....
Federer US Open......

it's not 50-50 Djokovic is better on hard at this point
Saberq is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread