Endless Federer-Nadal debates - Page 89 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How will it look?

Nadal more than 15 matches ahead. 103 39.31%
Nadal 13-14 matches ahead. 25 9.54%
Nadal 11-12 matches ahead. 19 7.25%
Nadal 9-10 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 7-8 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 5-6 matches ahead. 18 6.87%
Nadal 3-4 matches ahead. 5 1.91%
Nadal 1-2 matches ahead. 1 0.38%
Equal 4 1.53%
Federer ahead 47 17.94%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 11-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #1321
country flag duong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,346
duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Hadn't thought of that yet. Totally agree. If this were to happen and Roger got murray in his half he could reach some clay tournaments finals more easily.
if he stays in top-2 he still has the same chance of getting Murray in semi,

the difference is rather that he might get Djokovic in semi instead of Nadal, and on clay it's still presumably better for Fed (for Indian Wells it's still rather likely that Fed is seeded 2 and can avoid Djokovic in the semi)

... but it's also very possible that Ferrer is seeded 4 instead of Nadal for clay season and that would not be a great context for Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes
Well, Murray has 1880 points to defend prior to the clay season and Fed 2765 points. He's 2265 points ahead currently. If Murray passes him it will be because he plays well, not because Fed skips two tournaments.
yes after Miami so far Fed has 7515 points, Murray 6120,

but after Madrid it's tighter : 6515 to 5850,

and after Roland-Garros they're tied.

But slow hardcourts are theoretically better for Murray than for Federer.
__________________
useless old guy
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #1322
country flag TBkeeper
Registered User
 
TBkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 19
Posts: 4,011
TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Roddick was a mindless servebot. A slow, fat, sycophantic pushertard. He pushed himself to fatal anonymity.

If Fed hadn't pushed vs. Roddick, he would've shanked his backhand & lost 4 times to the mug.
Is Fed complaining about Roddick?

Fed lost to pusher losers, including Gaudio, Volandri, Mantilla, Davydenko,Nalbandian, Hewitt. Too bad.
If they weren't so gutless, Federer wouldn't be bragging about his "dominant tennis in an exhaustingly long schedule".

Da fail is strong in this one !
__________________
MR. FOREVER "UNDERRENTED"

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #1323
country flag saviopr
Registered User
 
saviopr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 270
saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I agree that the schedule change is not a concern : in last years (not only last year) Miami and Monte-Carlo hardly provided any points (and Doha is a small tournament which was not even countable last year), and he can replace a Basel final by a Paris semifinal which is not harder to do imo.

But his ranking can of course decrease because he had a great beginning of the year last year and it's unlikely that he will do the same again.

But yes rather likely losing his ranking to Murray than to Nadal in the short term, and it's not that a bad opportunity for Federer to be seeded 3, esp. on clay, if Nadal manages to keep his number 4-ranking in the first part of the year (which is far from done).

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Hadn't thought of that yet. Totally agree. If this were to happen and Roger got murray in his half he could reach some clay tournaments finals more easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Well, Murray has 1880 points to defend prior to the clay season and Fed 2765 points. He's 2265 points ahead currently. If Murray passes him it will be because he plays well, not because Fed skips two tournaments.

I agree that a #3 seed with Nadal #4 is not without it's advantages, though a Fed - Murray projected SF in RG could happen regardless of who's #2 and #3. As for drawing Djokovic instead of Nadal, the advantage might not be relevant anymore - either will be very difficult to beat on clay.
Indeed, these are interesting projections for next year.
saviopr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #1324
country flag 2003
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,366
2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nadal vs Federer at the United States Open

This dream match up will probably never take place in a final now, however which year in which Nadal was close to or even in the final would he have had the best chance, and likewise Federer?

I think 2004-2008 was off limits for Rafa, BUT in 2008 he was on a 2 straight GS finals winning streak against Roger and may have won the match in the locker room though he was tired vs Murray. But Fatigue didn't stop him in 2009 AO then again.

Give us your takes on this.
__________________
"I did not play my best tennis, no? And..that is what enable him to win..to win this match no? "

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.


Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #1325
country flag rocketassist
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,682
rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

He might have had half a chance in 2009-10, and definitely would have won in 2011. But he'd have got sparked any year before 2009.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #1326
country flag 2003
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,366
2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

Id have given him more chance in 2010 than 2011
__________________
"I did not play my best tennis, no? And..that is what enable him to win..to win this match no? "

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.


Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #1327
country flag 2003
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,366
2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

Would 06-09 Federer have beaten 2011 Nadal in the 2011 FO final? I think he would have at least taken him to 5.
__________________
"I did not play my best tennis, no? And..that is what enable him to win..to win this match no? "

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.


Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #1328
country flag zdravkelja
Registered User
 
zdravkelja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 471
zdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

2011 was a mental loss. If he had won the first set... I don't know...
zdravkelja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #1329
country flag Abel
Registered User
 
Abel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,804
Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

Is there a thread for ranking your top 5 favourite Fedal matches and least 5 favourite? Or should I/we just do it in here?
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #1330
country flag Manequin75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,182
Manequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nadal: If I think I am better than Federer because of 19-10 I will be stupid....

excerpt from Rafa's presser from yesterday. He has set this straight many times - there really should be no doubt. I am glad I feel the same way as Rafa

Q. You have always spoken in such glowing terms of your friendship and the fact that Roger, you say, is the greatest player in tennis history. But in some ways does it surprise you when you look at the head‑to‑head record between the two of you that there is such a wide gap?

RAFAEL NADAL: That just a fact at the end. Is a positive fact for me, but that doesn't change that he has much more tournament victories than me. He has more Grand Slams than me. In Masters 1000s we are close. I don't know.

THE MODERATOR: Same.

RAFAEL NADAL: Same? So more than close. (Laughing.)
So that means his career the day of today is better than my one, and that's the real thing. And if I think that I am better than him because I beat him I think 19 against 10, something like this, I will be very stupid and very arrogant.
I think this is not the case. (Smiling).
__________________
ROGER = GOAT*

*Assumes Rafael Nadal was never born
Manequin75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #1331
country flag janko05
Registered User
 
janko05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,791
janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: If I think I am better than Federer because of 19-10 I will be stupid....

Rafa's always humble and down to Earth NID
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueclay
Werent you a rafa fan ? But you keep talking about "its your title nole", shame on you..,
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #1332
country flag Young 8
Registered User
 
Young 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Young 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: If I think I am better than Federer because of 19-10 I will be stupid....

Nadal is so much better than his fans
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #1333
country flag Vinceremo
Registered User
 
Vinceremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,546
Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: If I think I am better than Federer because of 19-10 I will be stupid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 8 View Post
Nadal is so much better than his fans
you're not setting the bar too high
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #1334
country flag Federer in 2
Registered User
 
Federer in 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,458
Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: If I think I am better than Federer because of 19-10 I will be stupid....

Nadal sending GSMnadal back to high school. Rafa is a class act.
__________________

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #1335
country flag MTwEeZi
Registered User
 
MTwEeZi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,175
MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: If I think I am better than Federer because of 19-10 I will be stupid....

These Nadull fans should take a page from the honorable and non-gloating Fedtards.








MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios