Tennis Tipping 2009 Rules Thread (out of date - use 2013 Rules) - Page 119 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #1771
country flag Kev.

Kev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond reputeKev. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Rules Thread (first post contains info)

I never imagined myself playing TT on MTF
Kev. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #1772
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

May I have a PR please? I have been away for about 4 months (I think).
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #1773
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
May I have a PR please? I have been away for about 4 months (I think).
PR's are dealt with by Gavnich in this thread :-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=163466&page=8
Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #1774
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Adey, I couldn't find it when I looked and thought this was the best place to ask before I started committing to tournaments. Cheers.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #1775
country flag leric4nole

leric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond repute

where is the thread for Special Exempts(SE)?

Final:2013 Savannah CH (with Trmooney888);
2013 Astana CH (w. mota2803);
2013 San Marino CH (w. JackM)

Novak Djokovic
Novak Đoković
诺瓦克ˇ德约科维奇
ノバク・ジョコビッチ
諾華克ˇ祖高域
leric4nole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #1776
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leric4nole View Post
where is the thread for Special Exempts(SE)?
We don't have a thread for SE's - they're not done the same way as WTF - if you are still in this week's event and you wish to apply for a SE in the event for the following week, you just ask in that event thread before the final deadline (Fridays)

Special Exempts (SE)

- We are going to use the same basic rules as the ATP. The manager will leave 1 or 2 SE spots (depending on the tournament) in the main draw, if they won't be needed, then the first player(s) on the qualifying entry list will be promoted from the qualifying draw to the main draw. More from the ATP Rulebook:

a) A Qualified Event for Special Exempt to an ATP Masters Series Tournament (1000) is the singles event of another ATP Masters Series (1000) or International Series Gold Tournament (500).
b) A Qualified Event for Special Exempt to an ATP International Series Gold Tournament (500) is the singles event of another International Series Gold (500) or ATP Masters Series Tournament (1000).
c) A Qualified Event for Special Exempt to an ATP International Series Tournament (250) is the singles event of any International Series (500 or 250) or ATP Masters Series Tournament (1000).
d) A Qualified Event for Special Exempt to a Challenger Series Tournament is the singles event of any ATP or Challenger Series Tournament.

* Top 30 players aren't be eligible to get SE's into challengers.

Number of special exempts:

ATP Masters Series (1000) and International Series Gold (500) Tournaments shall have one (1) Special Exempt and International Series (250) and Challenger Series Tournaments shall have two (2).

Players may receive a Special Exempt into the main draw of the following week's tournament if they meet the criteria and apply for it before the final deadline. If the main draw is to be made before a potential Special Exempt player plays on Friday, then such place(s) shall be drawn in the same manner as qualifier, i.e., four qualifiers ("Q") and one or two "SE" depending on whether there are one or two possibilities. Each of the five or six slots are marked "Q/SE." As soon as the "SE" match results are known, either the "SE" or the next Direct Acceptance (if the SE lost) is randomly drawn and inserted into the draw.

Last edited by AdeyC : 07-25-2013 at 10:01 PM.
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #1777
country flag leric4nole

leric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond reputeleric4nole has a reputation beyond repute

does this mean a deep run in the previous week can help to apply for an SE spot in next week's event?
I'm not very sure about what the rule is saying: "As soon as the "SE" match results are known, either the "SE" or the next Direct Acceptance (if the SE lost) is randomly drawn and inserted into the draw."

Thanks AdeyC!

Novak Djokovic
Novak Đoković
诺瓦克ˇ德约科维奇
ノバク・ジョコビッチ
諾華克ˇ祖高域
Old 07-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #1778
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by leric4nole View Post
does this mean a deep run in the previous week can help to apply for an SE spot in next week's event?
I'm not very sure about what the rule is saying: "As soon as the "SE" match results are known, either the "SE" or the next Direct Acceptance (if the SE lost) is randomly drawn and inserted into the draw."

Thanks AdeyC!

Well you only get it if you make the final.

That sentence means - say for example you have applied for a SE and your semi-final TT match is played after the Friday deadline - a place in the main draw is kept free until that result is known. If the SE applicant wins their match in the previous event, they get the place, if they lose that place goes to the next direct acceptance in the entry list.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #1779
country flag leric4nole

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Well you only get it if you make the final.

That sentence means - say for example you have applied for a SE and your semi-final TT match is played after the Friday deadline - a place in the main draw is kept free until that result is known. If the SE applicant wins their match in the previous event, they get the place, if they lose that place goes to the next direct acceptance in the entry list.
i see... the wording of the rule is strange or my english is too bad... thanks anyway

Novak Djokovic
Novak Đoković
诺瓦克ˇ德约科维奇
ノバク・ジョコビッチ
諾華克ˇ祖高域