Your expectations for Djokovic in 2013 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #61
country flag NSMv1924

NSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your expectations for Djokovic in 2013

Just win MC, the French, Cinci, and a WTF to cap off the YE#1 again and I'll be happy.
NSMv1924 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #62
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

No slams in 2013, but spend most of the year as #1, still.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #63
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
No slams in 2013, but spend most of the year as #1, still.
This thread is not about Swiss Miss, so GIGANTIC FAIL.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #64
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Alex 999 i am Ok and have my sponsor at home .I am not in the face of public. Did not Djoko sign with IMG ?! Why did he do that? Because he has nothing to do or looking for to get something more?! Why do not you do the same? Because we are nothing no one cares for us.
Pep, not sure why Novak needs IMG or the other way around. I do not understand the difference between $75,000 a year which my hard working a$$ is making and all of gazillions top tennis guys make. I never will get it because I will never make that much money in my life, not even sure what to with it. Traveling would be great tho.

I'm happy people I love are all well. I have an amazing woman who I love so much. One little kiss on my cheek from her is worth more than all millions Nole/Fed/Rafa make. you can call me romantic/stupid, no problem ... it's too bad she doesn't really care about tennis, but I can live with it ...

Last edited by Alex999 : 12-29-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #65
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not what kind of job you have and it is not my business.But i am happy for you as such little things like kiss from your wife make you happy.
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #66
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
This thread is not about Swiss Miss, so GIGANTIC FAIL.
Is it so inconceivable that Djokovic might not win a slam next year? He can pick up points all over the season to stay at #1, but there are only 4 chances to win a slam. And I think he'll draw blanks on all of them. And I got the feeling the Swiss Miss, as you call him, will too. And if Nadal plays RG, Nadal will win RG. So, it can really be down to 3 chances.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #67
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it so inconceivable that Djokovic might not win a slam next year? He can pick up points all over the season to stay at #1, but there are only 4 chances to win a slam. And I think he'll draw blanks on all of them. And I got the feeling the Swiss Miss, as you call him, will too. And if Nadal plays RG, Nadal will win RG. So, it can really be down to 3 chances.
Yes it is.He's the best player in the world.After the best season in the history of tennis he had a decent season.Now, there is no pressure on him, Fed is getting older and older, it's a big question when will Rafa come back and what form he'll be in when he does and Mandy(after that 2012 USO fluke) will return to his old ways.So, yes it's pretty safe to say that No1e will be a lock for at least 2 slams, maybe even more than that.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #68
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Expect AO win and to end the year number 1.

Picking Nadal to win FO and expect Djokovic to lose in semi-final or final to Nadal.

Federer or Murray should beat Djokovic in semi-final or final at Wimbledon.

USO will be won by either Murray or Djokovic.

Overall, expecting 1/2 GS and end year number 1.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 22 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #69
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
nah, Nole winning no slams and staying at #1, don't think so... it will never happen. things are so bad with the WTA. Djokovic is not Wozniacki or Safina, JJ etc. plus guys know how to play tennis ...

just let Serena win all slams next 20 years before she comes to the point she can't move at all (even then she'll be winning at least 2 slams a year)
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #70
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

2 slams, no1
buzz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #71
country flag darkman.021

darkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond reputedarkman.021 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMv1924 View Post
Just win MC, the French, Cinci, and a WTF to cap off the YE#1 again and I'll be happy.
agree

Australian open 2008, 2011, 2012
Wimbledon 2011
US open 2011
darkman.021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #72
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Lotta Noletards here
A lot of Djoko fans in a thread about him? No kidding.

Quote:
but back in the day everybody remembered Nole went the majority of his career without defending a title.
His fans included. We would even tease him about it.

Quote:
Everyone knew he would disappoint in 2012 defending his titles from 2011, but everybody also knows expecting him to defend AO again is an impossible task. I expect a surprise winner at the AO this year. After that, tough to see him winning any slams, though if Nadal remain MIA, Fed remains old, and Murray remains Murray he'll probably inherit one or two slams just by existing in the draw with a mediocre level of play.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #73
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMv1924 View Post
This plus the AO and I would be over the moon. AO is AO, he needs to win it
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #74
country flag howyesno

howyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond reputehowyesno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just curious, who will win those 4 slams in that case? nadal is still not back, you give nole and fed combined zero titles. murray and delpo to split between them? really?

Doesn't like:
Tomic, Almagro, Murray
howyesno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #75
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

2 slams + 1 final, 3 M1000, WTF and #1